Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

I've been out of CRH commission for months with a new job and personal stuff...

I decided to pull out 15 rolls of quarters from about 50 I've had in a box since earlier this year.
    Found a whole bunch of beautiful MS specimens, a 2020 W V75, a 2012 S Puerto Rico (only 1.68 million minted), a newer toner and an absolutely lovely terminal toner from my birth year.

That was fun! To say the least!!!

2020 W V75 American Samoa Quarter Obverse.jpg
    2020 W V75 American Samoa Quarter Reverse.jpg
    2008 P Quarter toned Obverse.jpg
    2008 P Quarter toned Reverse.jpg
    1969 Quarter terminal toner Obverse.jpg
    1969 Quarter terminal toner Reverse.jpg
    20210522_181626.jpg
    MS all Finds 15 Quarter rolls.jpg
    View attachment 1381593

2012 S Puerto Rico Quarter Obverse.jpg
    2012 S Puerto Rico Quarter Reverse.jpg

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Long time no see;).

Kurisu likes this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Really glad to see you back!

Kurisu likes this.
  5. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Awww thanks!! :happy:

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

amazing!

7. RomaniGypsy

RomaniGypsy Active Member

What is the coolest thing you've found in nearly two million cents searched?

8. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I've found a lot of cool errors and varieties. My oldest cent found was an 1879 IHC.
    Nothing that I will retire on but it keeps me busy and out of trouble for the most part :)

9. RomaniGypsy

So today I scored one NF String original wrapped roll of each of the first 20 presidents in the Golden Dollar series (president name is printed on each roll), and one Mint-wrapped 2000-P Sac dollar roll.

Seeking opinions. Did I make a good hit or is this not as cool as it seems? What can I do with this stuff?

10. furryfrog02

They sell for a few bucks over face on ebay from what I've seen. I had a bunch one time and after I factored in ebay/paypal fees, packaging, shipping, my time, it wasn't worth it to me. I just unwrapped, checked for missing edge lettering and dumped them all.

11. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Like FF said, you may be able to sell each $25 roll for $28-30, so not much return on your investment. Still a neat find!

12. RomaniGypsy

The question is - will they still sell for any kind of premium if I rip them open to look for missing edge lettering? And how likely would it be that I'd find missing edge lettering? Bird in hand vs. two in bush, ya know...

13. potty dollar 1878

If you find a missing edge lettering that single coin is worth as much as the whole roll and so on,but if you open it and go bust you won't get an extra return.

berto and furryfrog02 like this.
  14. furryfrog02

Is the time/effort of selling them to make an extra buck or two worth it to you?
    That's the question.
    If you find a missing edge lettering, that'd be worth plenty more than the roll itself.
    To me, the time and effort to make a buck isn't worth it so it was better/easier to open the rolls and do a quick search. If nothing is there, dump, get that money back to buy more rolls. I'd rather not have CRH money sitting around waiting to make a dollar on it. Keep the money moving and search more rolls. At least that's what's best for me.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  15. potty dollar 1878

16. potty dollar 1878

17. RomaniGypsy

The DUBYA couldn't look much nicer if I had stolen it right off of the conveyor after being stamped at the Mint. BU for sure. And then the 1 yuan traveled halfway around the planet just to end up in my stash...:happy: KIMG1479.JPG KIMG1480.JPG

18. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

19. RomaniGypsy

Hit a dump today. Already went through some penny rolls and found that most of it was copper Memorials, some in beautiful condition. But the piéce de resistance may be the "WI-D" roll in this batch of quarter rolls (some of which are obviously uncirculated). I'm gonna crack that bad boy open after dinner... drum roll please... KIMG1484.JPG

berto, Kurisu and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  20. RomaniGypsy

Phooey. Just 50 beautiful, shiny, common die variety 2004-Ds.

21. potty dollar 1878

Draft saved Draft deleted