Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. RomaniGypsy

RomaniGypsy Active Member

1943-D steelie, 1946 & 1958-D wheaties, and Queen Elizabeth visited me a total of six times... all in one roll.

Tied my record of wheaties in one roll and got my first steelie doing CRH. Onward and upward!

-jeffB and berto like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

4. RomaniGypsy

I'd really like to know how y'all are getting boxes. Literally every bank I go to says "we can't even get stuff for the bank, so we wouldn't be able to get boxes for you". Admittedly, I haven't asked about boxes of halves and dollars specifically. One would think they'd be easier to find.

And can you order Ikes? I saw one guy do it recently but do the places like Brinks and Loomis actually stash them? Who would order Ikes except collectors?

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

2 boxes of halves - 1 87D NIFC.
    1 box of quarters - 40(S or D too worn for me to tell), 2xW (AMP, MBR)

Still have a box of nickes and 2 boxes of cents to go through.

6. furryfrog02

I've only had a few times when I was told that they weren't able to get boxes from Loomis.

I have asked about Ikes and they asked but were told they weren't available. YRMV.

7. potty dollar 1878

Going to try today like you a skunked week is like a punch in the face.This is my first new box in quite a while.If they were anything but coins I would make bond fire out of them in anger:):).

8. furryfrog02

I've had plenty of skunked weeks in the years I've been doing this. 1 week is no biggie :) At least I got SOMETHING :)

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  9. potty dollar 1878

It is if you haven't been at it for a while;),last week or the week prior was my first at it after a month break to get better coins to come in.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  10. potty dollar 1878

I'm fine with at least an average of 1 silver per month,more and its even better:):)For you though its ×100 my progress.

11. potty dollar 1878

Did some quarters,nothing,someone had already got the half dollars and dollars.

12. Poseidon89

Poseidon89 Member

The teller had a box of mixed halves and Ike’s that someone had brought in. Happily bought them all!

Here’s the tally of notable finds:

Ike’s x 30
    1966 x 1
    1967 x 1
    1982 S x 1
    2005 P x 2
    2005 D x 2

Attached Files:

13. potty dollar 1878

My bank doesn't allow that,lucky score,im just going to guess you live out in hillbilly village:wacky::wacky:.

14. potty dollar 1878

Have a question,do you still have those ASE'S you found a little while ago,just curious.

15. potty dollar 1878

Have a question,do you still have those ASE'S you found a little while ago,just curious.

16. Poseidon89

Poseidon89 Member

Yep! Still have the eagles.

Not in hillbilly land, I’m up here in Boston. I assume every bank has different policies.

17. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

4 cwr of halves... a couple 2018 nifc.

18. RomaniGypsy

Over the weekend I got a 1990-S proof penny (my first penny proof and it couldn't be the no-S version, but it's in beautiful condition, almost as though it's never been touched) and a 1980 Irish half penny. Then today I got a Wampanoag Treaty dollar proof (not pictured) and some other NIFC dollars. It's something anyway. Still waiting on that 1909-S VDB.
    KIMG1456.JPG KIMG1459.JPG

19. Mannie gray

Mannie gray Member

Proof cents are really tough to find.....much more so than other denominations.

20. RomaniGypsy

If you say so, but other than this, I haven't found proofs of any denomination except dollars. For some reason, and maybe some of y'all know the reason why this is, dollar coin proofs are common. In $500 of dollars, it's pretty much a given that I will find at least one proof. Sometimes it's two or three. They're circulated, but that mirror shine always shows through in places.

noahhutch01 likes this.
  21. furryfrog02

I am very close to $20,000 in cents searched. Only 3 more boxes to go...and have found ~10 proof cents.

Draft saved Draft deleted