Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Amberlarry22

Amberlarry22 Well-Known Member

furryfrog02 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

You've had some really good finds yourself. You should share them in here with the rest of us lol.

4. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Congratulations @furryfrog02 ! An exciting hunt and a great score! I just bought $200 in mixed CWR to search this weekend.

986778F6-2564-4654-9941-BD56D58123C7.jpeg

5. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

I see some very old city rolls:):).

6. RomaniGypsy

RomaniGypsy Active Member

1980-S proof SBA, John F. Kennedy proof golden dollar, one 1979-P SBA wide rim (not pictured), some other marginally cool stuff.

But tell me this - did I hit three brand new, unopened, 42-year-old, 1979 SBA Fed-wrapped rolls? (pictured) The printing looks like an old font, though the rolling looks relatively modern. Each ender that shows its obverse (4 of 6) is a really nice-looking, potentially uncirculated 1979-P regular rim. (I know, stinks that it couldn't be three rolls of wide rims...) KIMG1429.JPG
    KIMG1430.JPG

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  7. potty dollar 1878

You really shouldn't hold them in the palm of your hand like that especially for proofs.

NOS likes this.
  8. RomaniGypsy

Perhaps, but these are somewhat battered proofs, as you can probably tell. I wouldn't hold pristine proofs like that. So what do you think about the SBA rolls?

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  9. potty dollar 1878

True,and they look original to me one of my family members has some from the first year unopened and they look exactly like yours.

10. Amberlarry22

Found a wrapper error lol 20211008_203821.jpg

tmeyer and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Man, something like that makes it easy to keep going back for more, doesn't it?

furryfrog02 likes this.
  12. RomaniGypsy

I found one earlier this week that said, I swear, "NICKLES".

If I still have it, I'll post a picture.

13. Amberlarry22

Lol

14. furryfrog02

Unfortunately can’t go back until next week.

15. berto

berto Well-Known Member

No, I haven't made the time. I have several thousand Ikes sitting around right now. I guess I could search them for errors and varieties, but I have chosen to spend my time on other things. For example, my wife and I are currently renovating our house and I'm repairing a coworker's car this weekend...My "plate" is full.

The Ikes aren't going anywhere, so maybe later this winter I'll make the time to go through them.

16. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I'd call your box a monster box, congrats!

My best box held only 42 silvers.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  17. furryfrog02

I've only had one better day but that was with 6 boxes. This is the best single box for sure :)

noahhutch01 and berto like this.
  18. potty dollar 1878

Hey @furryfrog02 I hit it small but still decent today.My banks can't order boxes for me so im now relying on what they have when I come.Today for the first time they had half dollars,two rolls of them of course i did.I got a total of $20 in halves,$35 in dimes and $10 in cents.In the half dollars was one silver my first for CRH its a decent looking 1968 D.The rolls were also full of mostly BU bicentennials so im keeping them all anyway.For the dimes no silver but I did find a BU 67 dime.Haven't gone through the cents yet because we're not home yet,pictures will be coming:):).

halvessearcher, berto and furryfrog02 like this.
  19. potty dollar 1878

Like the antique look on the half and the dime it looks much better in person for an extremely worn die strike. 20211009_115348.jpg 20211009_115405.jpg 20211009_115434.jpg 20211009_115452.jpg

20. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Nice, but there's no way that dime is BU.

21. potty dollar 1878

Really?it looks like it to me what your seeing is not circulation wear but it was just struck with a very worn/weak die strike.flowlines etc other effects are basically on the whole coin it has plenty of luster and a very shiny appearance in person.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted