Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

@potty dollar 1878 Ok seriously how do you get so lucky I guess all the people in your neighborhood have experienced a loss recently and cashing in granny's coins.

The first haul was luck. The 2nd time was just going back to where the fishing was good. Friday I got to the bank 5 minutes before close, bought the rolls just for fun. Got lucky! Had asked the teller if she was working saturday, and she said no. So this morning I went there at opening, and bought more from her.....I had taken note of what kind rolls they were in.....so when she brought out the quarters, I saw 3 more of those rolls, then asked about nickels and pennies, saw some rolls of those wrapped in the same type of wrapper and bought them. She had shown me 2 rolls of gold dollars which I passed on Friday, but for goodwill sake I bought them today ( I knew she would be happy to get rid of them). That's where the roll of Sac's came in (and they are REAL nice!). Since I found a silver dime in a roll of pennies, I suspect there may be some dime rolls with silver.....Tomorrow morning I will show up with a dozen doughnuts for them, and ask about the dime rolls and buy them. I don't usually do dimes, but in this case I'll make an exception.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Beardigger

Nope I checked. Also looked for the "Wounded Eagle" didn't find one. Still keeping them just because they are so nice! Will use them as "thank you" gifts for tellers and others!

4. Jasanche

Jasanche Member

It was worth a try! I've been looking for one cheerios in the wild for 10 yrs now. Maybe 2022 will be the year...

5. Beardigger

6. Beardigger

Went to the bank and bought the dime rolls and found more silver!!

1EB46FFE-C1BB-4956-A61A-AABC1489214F.jpeg

7. RomaniGypsy

RomaniGypsy Active Member

That Merc looks almost uncirculated. And you got two first-year Roosies in there. Nice haul!

8. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Is the dark one upper corner silver?what's the date.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  9. Beardigger

Not silver. I put it aside to ask about it. That bump on the back has no corresponding damage to the front. and the face on front has a strange "blob" on the front does not look like PMD to me. Unless melted by fire. Set it aside, and now cant find it. LOL

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

With high heat, you can get "popcorn" bubbles between clad layers. It's not necessarily what happened to this coin, but with the darkening, I'd assume it's fire damage.

11. Beardigger

@potty dollar 1878 here is the best picture of it I could get. Both areas are raised. The bump on the back has nothing to do with the blob on the front. Can’t figure out what is going on.

95E84B83-CEB4-47C3-B602-DEE1925C5332.jpeg 4F5C7EC8-8345-42CA-9547-C530B0C0D20D.jpeg

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  12. Beardigger

13. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Just damage, spend it

CoinJockey73 and Mad Stax like this.
  15. Beardigger

Went to the bank today. The teller had these. Not going to search them, but couldn't resist buying them. She has $500 worth, bought 1/2 today, will get the rest tomorrow.

[​IMG]

16. potty dollar 1878

I would look through them they have tons of variety's.Also missing edge lettering and its a 0.1% chance you might find one with doubled edge lettering etc.

noahhutch01 likes this.
  17. Beardigger

I have no way of knowing if they are P or D's . Not marked on the wrapper. I suspect P MM. one is written on in pen with a P. Will investigate missing lettering.

18. berto

berto Well-Known Member

If you are patient, then you can eventually sell these rolls unopened for ~$30-32/roll.

19. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Started off October with a bang!
    2 boxes of half dollars gave up 25x40%ers, an 87P NIFC, and an 87S Proof.
    3.679oz Ag.
    01OCT21 Half Dollars.jpg

20. potty dollar 1878

:arghh::arghh::arghh:Your finds hurt me but in a good way:angelic::angelic:.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  21. Beardigger

Wow! Great finds FF!
    A box of half dollars I got Tuesday, had all been slit along the back and taped back shut. I HATE THAT!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted