Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I had a VERY good CRH today. I got 2 boxes of quarters and 2 boxes of halves but all that's here came from one box each.
    IMG-3956.JPG IMG-3957.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

How do you get so much luck.

noahhutch01 and furryfrog02 like this.
  4. dano

dano Junior Member

Love the Great Britain Penny. People think they are getting away with cheating the bank by putting those in a roll, but they are actually worth more than .50. Nice pull! any chance of seeing a date on the SLQ?

furryfrog02 likes this.
  5. furryfrog02

Nope. It is dateless :( It's only the 2nd SLQ I've found in probably close to $100k in quarters searched.

6. furryfrog02

Lots of skunks haha.

berto likes this.
  7. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

The SLQ is probably before 1925. Nice haul!

furryfrog02 likes this.
  8. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

I had some luck too. Got to my bank tonight and bought 10 CWR of quarters and 5 CWR of nickels plus 5.50 in loose halfs . Came up with 13 silver quarters, a 40% Kennedy, a war nickel and 4 Buffaloes! Only 1 dateless. Guess where I’ll be Monday morning?

B64A94C6-C1C0-4E24-BDBC-75F61B7DAD58.jpeg

9. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

So I got turkeyed by a new teller and received $5.00 in new pennies. So I went to another bank who has had no coin delivery sold her the pennies and a roll of regular quarters. I got back a $5.00 bill and 5 Two dollar bills, nothing fancy but I will spend them over the weekend.

noahhutch01 and CoinJockey73 like this.
  10. potty dollar 1878

What kind of people Live in your neighborhood!!!!!:woot::woot:I want in.

CoinJockey73 and Beardigger like this.
  11. Beardigger

It looks like none of them know much about coins! Probably people cashing in coins they have had in a jar for years. Might be a partial collection dump, since 1 roll was all eagle back quarters in decent shape, and another roll was all D mint marks also in very nice condition. I put those aside to give a closer look at later.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  12. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

That's like the time I went into my usual branch (the tellers know me) and the teller told me that someone cashed in a box of 60 Ike dollars. I bought all of them. Another time I got 5 NIFCs out of one roll of JFKs.

13. RomaniGypsy

RomaniGypsy Active Member

I'd really like to know what's up with this so-called "coin shortage". One of my local banks rarely has anything for me these days ("we've been ordering but they haven't given us anything"), so they've been mostly a "dump bank" in hopes that they'll be nice and save me some good stuff when it comes in. But then last week I hit a bank for $600 in coins and the teller actually thanked me for getting rid of some of her supply because she had a ton!

In other news, my wife found an 1890 IHC yesterday and I had an interesting run of halves. 10 rolls, one of which yielded a 1967 40% and a few other random keepers, but the other 9 rolls were straight skunk. One was all 1971 and the other eight - yes, all eight - were straight bicentennial. (And none of the 1971's or bicentennials were S!)

14. Beardigger

Went back to the bank today and bought $200 worth of CWR . Not as good as Friday’s find, but some silver. 1 silver quarter, and a silver dime in a penny roll next to a steel penny. A couple Wheaties(1920 & 1946). And to my surprise 2 W quarters 1 WAP (kinda toasty) And a SRB. I’m happy! Oh, almost forgot.....a Whole roll of 2000 P Sacajawea's in Pristine condition!

4498118F-AE12-4054-9FF8-A10E018C8D3F.jpeg

15. Jasanche

Jasanche Member

You might have a cheerios sacagawea there, what with all your recent luck!

Beardigger likes this.
  16. potty dollar 1878

Ok seriously how do you get so lucky I guess all the people in your neighborhood have experienced a loss recently and cashing in granny's coins.

Beardigger and CoinJockey73 like this.
  17. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

It's not luck, it's hard work. Just like me.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  18. potty dollar 1878

Really?just saying most of the time I just get a rock to find around $100 worth of silver from back to back times doesn't happen often for CRH.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  19. CoinJockey73

Found a standing libery today. You?

20. potty dollar 1878

Taking some time off haven't been doing good recently so stopping for a bit and then find the motherload!!!;).

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  21. CoinJockey73

I was breaking your chops. You know I'm always pulling for you

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted