Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

4. MeowtheKitty

So that is what they would call a proof like. Meow has seen that on some TPG holders before.

5. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Nice business strike, but not proof.

6. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

7. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

8. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Okay, I haven’t posted in a few months, I hope everyone is finding silver! With the price of silver around $28/oz. I am thinking about selling my stash of 40% halves. What is a fair sale price if I: 1) sell directly to an individual collector, and 2) sell to a dealer? These are circulated halves and I would be selling them for silver value, not numismatic value. Melt value at today’s price of $27.94/oz is $4.13 per coin, or $8.26 x face value. Thanks!

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I think the standard reply to this is "it's too soon to tell".

MeowtheKitty likes this.
  10. MeowtheKitty

Well, we all need to be immortal so re can continue to hoard for eternity. That is what Meow's plan is.

Dirtyfingers likes this.
  11. Rambutan52

Rambutan52 Well-Known Member

Since moving five months ago all of my Coin Star dumps at my new location have greeted me with an empty reject slot. This time was no exception but shortly after starting the dump a high pitched sound was heard from the reject slot. My excitement was instantaneously and upon checking the slot it was a silver Roosevelt. The ever popular 64-D is attached.

IMG_4548.JPG

IMG_4549.JPG

Kurisu and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  12. Rambutan52

Rambutan52 Well-Known Member

Moderator: Please move this post to the "Reject Tubes & Coinstar Finds" thread. Thanks!

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  13. Dirtyfingers

Dirtyfingers Active Member

Been away for a moment. Had the daunting task of organizing my collection a little bit. Picked up a 40% and 90% out of my halves along with some others. The quarters didn't have much but did stack away some '21 tuskegee and washington rolls. Had two boxes of nickels to go through that I finished today. Nothing to speak of. One box is all '21 rolls. Just gonna stash them away for now.
    11JUN21 Finds.jpeg

Attached Files:

Kurisu, Cheech9712, berto and 3 others like this.
  14. MeowtheKitty

Ah, hoarding. Its what Meow lives for.
    Meow just noticed your picture. Meow has taken a picture with you at the SEMA show over 10 years ago. But Meow under the impression you had already passed away.

Dirtyfingers likes this.
  15. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Sorry but moving posts just doesn't work that way. Posts can be moved to a new thread, but not to an existing thread.

16. Millard

Millard Coindog

very nice!

17. Millard

Millard Coindog

18. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@TexAg I recommend you first try selling locally via FB or cl. Always meet a potential buyer at a bank lobby or similar waiting area. GL

TexAg likes this.
  19. Cheech9712

I need a D. Airman coin. Just got a few P’s. They look nice

Dirtyfingers and Mark68 like this.
  20. Cheech9712

Yikes. Not the best nice to see you again in my book

Skyquest and Dirtyfingers like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted