Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Dirtyfingers

Dirtyfingers Active Member

Took a vacation day today to have a 4 day weekend and two four day work weeks. Started the vacation by dumping the 4 boxes of halves from last week at my dump bank as soon as the doors opened. Grabbed the cash and headed out for a little adventure to scout out some other banks. Figured I would give my supplier bank a couple weeks off as to not ruin this spot where they let me buy all the boxes I want. I hit several different banks. Found some really positive banks willing to part with halves. I have taken notice and will be back to them in a month or so. Also picked up a couple boxes of nickels, a bunch of quarter rolls (let me see what I have this weekend and we may do some trading @MeowtheKitty . I dont find the tall grass around here but I have been finding plenty of Tuskegee and George rolls) and a little more than a box of halves. In the picture you can see the box of loose halves. That place told me they didnt have rolls but they had some loose. Ended up getting 201.50 in halves from that place. Im hoping it was somebodys dump to get cash and has some goodies in it. Will post finds throughout the weekend. Ignore the boxes of pennies in the back. I have 4 of them sitting there to search. I have a love/hate relationship with pennies! 28MAY21 Restock.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Ohh, Meow would be happy to trade D mint Tallgrass rolls for P mint Bu rolls of any recent quarter mintage.

Copper lover likes this.
  4. Mark68

Mark68 Well-Known Member

Dirtyfingers likes this.
  5. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Hmmm, so is it only Meow that collects modern OBW BU rolls around here? They are so shiny, how can a Cat resist?

6. Mark68

Mark68 Well-Known Member

I'm sure some do. If a design was struck poorly or a variety was discovered BU rolls would bring a premium. Other than that, for me I pull the nicest ones and keep. Along with any mint errors. I do understand having new shiny rolls. If anything it's a nice rainy day fund.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  7. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Here are the keepers from the box of quarters with the W ender.
    1 2020 TGP W
    1 2919 RONR W
    1 1966 Quarter in better condition than you usually find them.

1 1966 Balboa. Missed silver bu 1 year.
    F91122FF-4F12-4804-9063-A37283AE0C45.jpeg E341746F-DC87-4C94-9D39-4807D2BDAEDD.jpeg

8. DamagedWorld

DamagedWorld Member

Bought a roll of mercury dimes and my package got stuck in Greensboro supposedly ( I think someone just stole em) now I’m out of my dimes uggh! The seller will have to file an insurance claim with the po. I’m just sick! First time this has happened to me! Buyer Beware!

Copper lover likes this.
  9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Things do sometimes show up after being stuck for days or weeks. And sometimes, of course, they never do.

DamagedWorld likes this.
  10. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

The delaware quarter is quite common but the Carolina quarter besides being a proof its silver!!!:singing::singing:my first silver quarter and coin in a long time. 20210601_142823.jpg 20210601_142841.jpg

11. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Still waiting for my first silver proof. I had others but not silver

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  12. Whistler's brother

Whistler's brother Well-Known Member

Been going through a box of nickels, and two good finds after 30 rolls!
    I took two pics of the buffalo obverse and believe it's a 1921, possibly 24. I'm not going to nic-a-date it though.
    004.jpg 003.jpg 002.jpg 006.jpg 005.jpg

Kurisu, NOS, Bradley Trotter and 2 others like this.
  13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

14. Whistler's brother

Whistler's brother Well-Known Member

I think they're up there now.

15. Copper lover

Copper lover Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that happened to you.

DamagedWorld likes this.
  16. Rambutan52

Rambutan52 Well-Known Member

My latest search was on a box of quarters. Plenty of BU 2020 KS and VT. Had interesting ender from Panama. The lone highlight was a 2019 W River of No Return.

IMG_4441.JPG IMG_4471.JPG IMG_4473.JPG

17. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Not a terrible day of CRH:
    2 Boxes of halves - 2x40%ers
    $150 mixed CWR/BWR quarters - 62d, 2xTGP "W"
    1 box of nickels - 2xwar nickels (44P, 44S), also ANOTHER 1950P. I can't win!
    04JUN21 CRH Finds.jpg

18. Cheech9712

I like that last quarter. Lookin good. Sorry mr. Frog. I sent that Delaware out before you turned it down. So sorry. Oh no

furryfrog02 likes this.
  19. Cheech9712

A friend gave me 1 roll of each of of the 2009 cents and quarters. I took them and nobody wants them. The only rolls I have are about 20 w Enders. Their a pain. I don’t want to get like this.

20. Cheech9712

You won with the 44s in my book. When I find my 44s and 1999 Wide AM. I’m retiring. My job will be done

21. Cheech9712

But I do enjoy destroying buffalo nickels

Draft saved Draft deleted