Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow has not done much real CRH in months as Meow has been doing this Cats best to acquire BU quarter rolls before they are no longer available. So Meow's BU quarter roll collection is quite large now. So Meow just got home from the bank with $800 in Tallgrass Quarter rolls. Meow did not think Meow could find anymore of these, so Meow pawed what ever Meow could get. Filled up the Cat Lunch Box with them, and they seemed to make the truck slower on the road.
    20210526_170841.jpg 20210526_170852.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MeowtheKitty

Bayern, Copper lover and Kurisu like this.
  4. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

A kitty wearing a toast helmet is adorable...but a cat driving a truck loaded with quarter rolls would be almost too much awwwwwdorable to take in :cat:

Bayern and Copper lover like this.
  5. Mark68

Mark68 Well-Known Member

@MeowtheKitty: you know what curiosity did. Let's get them opened and see what you got.

6. MeowtheKitty

Meow is not sure how many Meow will open. May open a few in a few hours. But Meow is very worn out this week. So may hit the sack early and work on them on the weekend. Meow actually has over $750 of them already stashed in the Cat Hoard. But the Tallgrass is the only W distributed in Meow's area. So Meow figures could not hurt to have a lot of them.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    Bayern and Mark68 like this.
  7. Mark68

Mark68 Well-Known Member

Good luck. I have around 70 Tallgrass Ws.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  8. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

I only have one:(:(but better than none and got it for free.

9. MeowtheKitty

Wow! Meow just found 11. They seem to come around 1 per 20 rolls or so for this Cat.

10. MeowtheKitty

Meow is very tuckered out for the day. So opened one roll with no Ws, and two keepers. That is all the strength Meow has left for the day. Time for bed. Good Night all.

11. MeowtheKitty

Better start hitting them banks for quarter rolls!@

12. MeowtheKitty

Meow has yet to open anymore that the one roll Meow opened yesterday. But Meow is tuckered out for the day again, and will now go take a nap. But Meow did have a thought about them. Would anyone be interested in trading BU quarter rolls with Meow? Meow only has D mint rolls and would not mind having P mint rolls for the Cat hoard. Also those quarters with the man painting in the field where not distributed at all where Meow lives. So if anyone is interested in collecting BU OBW rolls of D mint Tallgrass prairie quarters to trade P mints of any 2019 or 2020 quarter rolls. Meow would also consider trades of other P mint denominations too. If no one is interested, Meow will still be happy with just keeping a majority of them intact for the Cat Hoard.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  13. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I picked up 10 rolls of cents. Found almost 200 wheats. A little bit of everything 1909’s 10’s 11’s etc.. will snap a picture later.

14. Double Die

Double Die I know just enough to be dangerous

Had to do a little extra research on this one to find out what it actually is. Apparently it used to be a DDO but did not fit any of the 9 classes and suffered the same fate as Pluto. PCGS still recognizes it though.

Attached Files:

15. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

picked up a box of quarters today. Found a nice ender. Will search over the weekend! Fingers crossed!

7CB6DAF9-9065-4415-8A11-6DDBA63BAAB3.jpeg

16. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

That must of been fun

17. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

It was. This week's was lackluster though. 1 box was solid 1995P (weird) and the other had no silver. It did have an interesting half that suffered from some pretty serious die deterioration though:
    1983P 50c Die Deterioration.png

berto, Dirtyfingers, Mark68 and 2 others like this.
  18. Mark68

Mark68 Well-Known Member

Just went through a Loomis box.3 ws and 2001 S silver proof 6.38g 20210528_192425.jpg 20210528_192444.jpg

MeowtheKitty, halvessearcher and NOS like this.
  19. Rambutan52

Rambutan52 Well-Known Member

A few years ago I had what I thought was a dime in penny roll. This itself is not unusual but upon further examination it turned out to be a 1920 George V Sixpence. The coin was of 50% silver composition and weighed 2.56 grams. I still have the coin to this day. Picture of the clear obverse and a very worn reverse is attached. IMG_4482.jpg IMG_4483.jpg

20. Rambutan52

Rambutan52 Well-Known Member

My latest box of nickels revealed the 1975 High Mark D (discussed previously), 2 War nickels, 2 low mintage 1942-D, and a low mintage 2009-D. The early decade count was one 1939 (P), eight 1940's, and ten 1950's.
    IMG_4486.JPG IMG_4487.JPG IMG_4488.JPG IMG_4489.JPG IMG_4507.JPG IMG_4510.JPG IMG_4490.JPG

21. MeowtheKitty

Wow all neat finds! Meow is considering going back to random rolls to hope for interesting finds. Meow has been getting nothing but BU rolls for months.

And speaking of BU rolls.... Meow has been offered BU penny rolls by several members here. But for some reason there seem to be no follow through on that. Meow figures other members here owe Meow nothing, so does not pursue it. Oh well, the quarter BU roll collection has been getting out of hand anyway. Meow may have to bury them at the park to make room for other items in the Cat Hoard.

Draft saved Draft deleted