Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Finally found my first 2021 delaware-note this isn't the exact coin but im glad:):). 20210513_191428.jpg 20210513_191439.jpg

tmeyer, Mark68, Kurisu and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow is hoping to find BU rolls of those at local banks to add to the Cat Hoard. But none have appeared In Meow's area yet.

Kurisu and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  4. MeowtheKitty

Meow has been absolutely obsessed with gathering them rolls.

Traci and Kurisu like this.
  5. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Today boxing halfs didn’t. Yield much . I did get 1 90% and 1. 40% PLUS a 2017 S enhanced, which I had never seen before. 223,610 minted.
    As long as a box isn’t a skunk I’m happy! Lol
    5921237A-9CE1-47BB-B194-B2EE9740527A.jpeg 52D32355-CBE3-4AA4-97A2-16633F8C0086.jpeg 7C6B0C2A-5945-41F9-B84A-73614281F3CB.jpeg 3ED5484A-79E0-43B9-852D-233E632C153C.jpeg

6. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

I posted this in my own little thread too...but thought I'd mention it here because it made me laugh at my Chase today... it's my favorite branch only a few miles from the Denver Mint.

Two of my favorite long time tellers were there today and I asked them if they are experiencing a coin shortage...They literally looked at me like I was ka-razy! lol.

Not only did one tell me that she found a couple old rolls in the vault this morning but also grabbed me some super duper shiny! I don't want to jinx it but wish me some W's in these!
    The two older rolls look like they've been under some serious pressure for years!

20210513_160740.jpg
    20210513_160811.jpg
    20210513_154910.jpg
    20210513_154847.jpg

Opening now...

7. Miketexas

Miketexas Member

Found these rolls of 1981d cents with a bunch of customer wrapped rolls. They seem to be the original wraps. I was so excited till I cracked one open and saw the condition of the coins on the inside. They look nothing like the enders. owell. I will still keep them. image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg image7.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg image7.jpeg

8. MeowtheKitty

Is it someone's copper hoard? Meow has a small one, as Meow has not done pennies for the last year or so.

Dirtyfingers likes this.
  9. Dirtyfingers

Dirtyfingers Active Member

Picked up a resupply today at my local bank connection. I missed my deadline to get an order for boxes of halves so I drove around scouting some other banks picking up 10 rolls here and there. Some grouchy bank tellers today, some happy to help, and two places told me no account, no rolls. I got a 4 day weekend this week with rain in the forecast all weekend so you know where I will be! Driving back home, there were some raptors doing some touch and go maneuvers at the air force base. Tried to get a picture but wasn't fast enough!
    14MAY21 Resupply.jpeg

10. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

This week's boxes:
    2 boxes of cents - Solid 2021P. 3rd week running
    2 boxes of nickels - Solid 2021P. 3rd week running
    2 boxes of halves - 1x64P Ken, 1x40%er, 4xProofs (82S, 84Sx2, 92s)

The nicest proof half was this 1984. Perfect since it is my birth year and today is my birthday :)
    14MAY21 1984S Proof 50c.png

berto, Skyquest, tmeyer and 4 others like this.
  11. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous. The shortage, then the bank managers shifted around all over the county. I'm cut off and need to start over completely. be blessed and good hunting yall!

Dirtyfingers likes this.
  12. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Have a question how do you carry and handle all that one time?do you get help,just make multiple trips and use a dolly?

Dirtyfingers likes this.
  13. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he got a box or bundle here or there and it adds up. It's what I used to do. Same with bringing it in from the car, one at a time. LOL nothing worse than dropping it and having them bust open and go everywhere!

14. MeowtheKitty

Meow finds even $400 in quarters difficult to carry in a small Cat bag. Tore a stich in Meow's Cat backpack too with that amount.

Dirtyfingers likes this.
  15. Dirtyfingers

I am certain everybody who has CRH has had the same experience I had today. These all came from one bank. I got 10 rolls of halves from them this morning. 9 of the 10 rolls we all like this. Every coin. Some of the coins were in exceptional shape and I certainly would have pulled them and kept them for my hoard. So disappointed. On the bright side, I got $650 worth of halves to search, only $100 came from that bank. 14MAY21 Marked Halves.jpeg

16. Dirtyfingers

The nicest proof half was this 1984. Perfect since it is my birth year and today is my birthday :)

Thats a beautiful coin @furryfrog02 !

berto and furryfrog02 like this.
  17. Dirtyfingers

I got all the boxes, pennies and nickels, from one bank. The rolls I was stopping at multiple banks and just get $100 here and there. Was really testing the banks, finding places that had halves and would part with them. I park on the curb and cary two or three out at a time. I have thought about getting a dolly though!

18. furryfrog02

You can clean that marker off with a bit of rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. FYI.

19. furryfrog02

Here are 2 other proof Kennedys that were in today's box:
    14MAY21 1982S Proof 50c.png 14MAY21 1990S Proof 50c.png

berto, Skyquest, tmeyer and 4 others like this.
  20. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

21. furryfrog02

Thanks.
    I had some take-out chinese, key lime pie, and now a few beers. Can't complain.
    Going to my first coin show since November 2019 on Sunday. Gonna try and see if I can't off-load these last 60ish TGP "W"s I have for something for the 7070.

Draft saved Draft deleted