Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

I couldn't do that. I would have to open at least 15 of them. Then if skunked, I could put the rest back for later.
    I did find my first salt river W quarter today in a roll I bought from the grocery store. I was really pleased. SRB is the only W for this year I had not found yet.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

You're lucky. I've not seen a single W and hardly any 2020 coins what-so-ever.

Beardigger likes this.
  4. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

0-4 so far. Meow will open a few more and save the rest forever in the Cat Hoard. Meow has not had much luck with W possible rolls. Meow had 25 rolls of d mint AMPs in the past. Opened four, and found nothing so saved the rest. Meow was under the impression Ws where easier to find in BU rolls, but not in the rolls Meow has scored so far. How many Ws have other Members found in BU rolls? Meow would have thought there would be about one a roll. Just not in the ones where Meow lives.

Beardigger likes this.
  5. MeowtheKitty

Well, its November, and Meow just had found the first 2020 quarters in Meows area.

6. furryfrog02

You and me both.
    I'm still looking for a 2020 nickel.
    The only two 2020 dimes I have come across were found on the floor at the grocery store.

7. Whistler's brother

Whistler's brother Well-Known Member

Oh yeah its a 1927 and no other coins older than 1964 in that roll. Sorry got sidetracked
    View attachment 1199653

8. MeowtheKitty

So Meow went 0-6 with the rolls. So Meow will tube the 14 remaining OBWs, and tube the loose one minus the enders. The ender are scarred as usual, so those Meow wont keep. More additions to the Cat hoard. Meow will have to hope for Ws another day. Keep on the hunt, and hopefully one day we will all find little treasures for ourselves.

berto and furryfrog02 like this.
  9. People's Clem

People's Clem New Member

I found shiny 60's quarter ( s) an 60's nickles

10. MeowtheKitty

So where are the pictures to show us? And some details of the hunt? We all want to share the in the thrill.

11. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Damn. Do I have to send them to you. Flush on those. What do you need. I got this

12. Cheech9712

I just bought stamps. See two left

13. Cheech9712

How do you know those rolls are blanks for W’s. I have over 10 Vermont W’s buying like 3 rolls at a time NOW!!! I ask the teller for the new ones with the girl on it.

14. Cheech9712

15. People's Clem

People's Clem New Member

I found a 1968 red brown reverse (penny)
    with a swastika

16. People's Clem

People's Clem New Member

Attached Files:

17. Cheech9712

It’ll be here when you come back

18. Cheech9712

I’m thinking of starting a Canadian nickel set I have old 1940& others US

19. furryfrog02

That has got to be one of the blurriest pictures I have seen in my almost 8 years here on CT :)

Treashunt and bugi1976 like this.
  20. MeowtheKitty

Well Meow opened 4 of the 25 rolls of AMPs with no luck. So Meow did not want to open the rest, so to keep them for the roll collection. Meow has the most AMP Ws already anyway, so thought it would spoil the remaining rolls if Meow opened them. And as for the SRBs ones, Meow opened 6 with no luck. So kept he remaining 14 rolls for the roll collection. Also @furryfrog02 mentioned he had a whole box of those and found not a single one so Meow figured and intact rolls in paw was better than nothing.

21. furryfrog02

I'd search the rolls if they were mine.

Cheech9712 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted