Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Roy Vallejos

Roy Vallejos Member

What does a box of coins cost, and do you get at any bank ?...I would think.can you. Get mixed of old coins also?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Depends on what type of coins you want. You can easily google that.
    Depends on what bank you go to. Usually they will only give them to members. Some will give them to anyone. Right now though with the coin shortage, it would probably be harder to get coins from a random bank.
    As far as what coins are in the box, it depends. Sometimes you get mixed boxes and other times you get solid date boxes of newer stuff.

Roy Vallejos likes this.
  4. Roy Vallejos

Roy Vallejos Member

Are they
    all random coin rolls in a box .

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Technically yes. You have no say in what coins come in the box and the company that distributes doesn't care what's in there as long as the number of coins equal the what is supposed to be in the box ($25/$100/$250/$500 etc) However, when the Fed sends out the new year's coins, companies like Loomis will get them in big bins, roll them, and distribute them to banks/stores/etc... Those boxes will generally be solid date boxes.

berto and tmeyer like this.
  6. Roy Vallejos

Roy Vallejos Member

Well thank you every one who has help me to understand the coin business so far I understand almost half of basics that you need to know before continuing to The next level as it will get get easier if you choose to stay on too of it .I try to read new post and look into what alot of them mean when posting thread on whatever it is .my favorite is when . someone said keep it going to continue what some one posted so find whatever Icon for that subject and some one else with change it and it goes on forever.lol

7. TVO

TVO Active Member

I did a population search of a thousand quarters this weekend (cause well bored out of my mind) and the lack of ‘09 to ‘11 is pretty evident. Finds were 4 Ws, two nice 83p for people’s “mint” sets, a proof ‘70 (not AU but close- why do people do that?) an AU’69 and the normal assortment of Canadian and whatnot.

berto, MeowtheKitty and TexAg like this.
  8. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Which Ws?

9. TVO

TVO Active Member

AMP!
    SAM
    2 Lowell

10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Yeah your right. Haven’t seen a Gettysburg and Vicksburg in 4 ever. Did get a nice 09D PR and 2 D.C. oh. Did find a 70S Proof Nickel. I think. Uncirculated for sure. No W’s. Just checked 8 rolls of SALT RIVER BAY

11. Cheech9712

Not bad. That’s a good day.

12. Cheech9712

Son was born in Lowell

13. TVO

TVO Active Member

After reading my post again I neglected to write the word few before thousand but yeah I had some new rolls from bank that had the W’s. Just did 20 more rolls and nada but some shiny collection fillers and an ok 69 so that’s how it goes.

14. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow has found silver today! Tis quite a scarce find for Meow CRH. A beat up 64d, a RNR W quarter, only Meow's second one, and a Connecticut 1999d doubled die. Meow was under the impression that only P mints are documented about it.
    WIN_20200910_20_23_15_Pro.jpg WIN_20200910_20_23_31_Pro.jpg WIN_20200910_20_23_49_Pro.jpg WIN_20200910_20_23_58_Pro.jpg WIN_20200910_20_33_54_Pro.jpg

halvessearcher, tmeyer and immytay1 like this.
  15. TVO

TVO Active Member

Great job kitty!
    I have stared at so many of those trees but never found the DD, kudos.

tmeyer and MeowtheKitty like this.
  16. TVO

TVO Active Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Cute ender
    And a W WiP :)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    MeowtheKitty and tmeyer like this.
  17. MeowtheKitty

18. MeowtheKitty

Meow is curious as to how many of each you found. Where there any issues that where really scarce? Meow has noticed the Yunque one with the parrot is not very common at all where Meow lives.

19. TVO

TVO Active Member

That was a cute little painted 2010 hot springs . And she had a twin in the roll:)

20. TVO

TVO Active Member

Very few ‘09s and 10’s and also 2-3-4 are few but not at all scarce. I am on the left coast so not many Ps even going back 20 years. Also no Minnesota. Zero in 5000 coins which is weird.

21. MeowtheKitty

So only Minnesota was zero? What was second place and third place?

Draft saved Draft deleted