Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

Got 2 40% 1967 halves in the coin tray while I was depositing my pay cheque

berto and halvessearcher like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Wow this thread has died...Covid is killing everything :(
    I'm still hunting cents. I have an ungodly number of boxes to go through and and bags that I've searched that need to be dumped. Found a few fun things but not much to write home about. Hope everyone is doing well.

CREATIVECRHUNTER, berto and TexAg like this.
  4. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Yep, things are really dead here. No boxes for me for weeks now. I’ve taken up NA Indian artifact hunting.

berto likes this.
  5. furryfrog02

That’s pretty cool though! I used to find the odd arrowhead at my grandma’s farm in Nebraska when the fields would get tilled.

berto and TexAg like this.
  6. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

I wish I had some plowed fields to walk, lol. I do have access to a friend’s ranch and have found a few cool things including my first arrowhead, a Peno Washita bird point. The place has not been farmed in at least 10 years and is pretty overgrown.
    2700B866-4FD2-4CF3-88AD-3E91DC73571D.jpeg B286B3C8-DE9D-4750-AFB3-077340A15361.jpeg

7. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

My boss sent me to win dixie to get milk and what do you know I peak into the coinstar and Got a 1964 quarter. Just realised I posted this in roll hunting and not reject thread.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  8. furryfrog02

So I could consider your place to be the equivalent of MWR and my grandma's farm to be CWR lol.

berto and TexAg like this.
  9. afm1982

afm1982 Miami has the Dolphins...

I actually got a call today from a branch teller (no joke). This was (pre-Covid) my weekly convenient branch to deposit my check and get spending cash. Been going for years. She has someone deposit some stuff she'd think I'd like. "Some of those large dollar coins and old silver certificates. They're beat up, but thought you'd be interested."

So we make arrangement that I can come into the branch midday. First time I've been inside a branch since March! It was a little spooky.

Long story short, 21 Ikes and 27 Silver Certs (well-worn, and nothing particularly special.)

Made my week!

10. Peter Economakis

Peter Economakis Well-Known Member

The other day I went really really early to my local CVS. I always go early because its always quiet and I get along with the lone pharmacist that works the grave yard shift.
    When I paid she told me "sorry" I have to give you 22 pennys as we are low on change.. Usually I would say don't worry just keep them but not these days. It also didn't help that she had to take out a new role, it was on one of those generic white wrappers with the red ends and when she cracked it open it was loaded with dark penny's.

Sad to say that out of the 22 only one was a 1958 wheatie.
    I asked her that if I brought in a bunch of my rolled one's would she swap rolls. Yes it took a little explaining as to why and the covid issue bringing out some oldies.
    Figures when I went yesterday and this morning it's her 2 days off.

She also told me she has a boat load of change in 5 gallon water jug, and after I explained what a wheatie is, she just might be thinking to go through them now.:eek:

11. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Funny and true! Now that I am digging and screening dirt and not finding much, it’s like driving to a far away bank for those MWRs, finding the lone silver, having to re-roll them, and waiting in line to dump them in the commercial lane at the motor bank!

berto and furryfrog02 like this.
  12. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Today I dropped off a package of cookies at my favorite order bank. The cookies were store-bought, sealed in plastic, and fresh, so should be covid free!

None of the 3 folks I typically order coins from were there at the time, but I made certain the (new) teller I spoke with would pass along my name and a cookie :)

The teller to whom I passed the cookies told me another teller, who would be at work tomorrow morning, has $80 in CWR halves, so I will likely stop by there in the morning and pick them up.

All is not lost!

MeowtheKitty and TexAg like this.
  13. mullinax01

mullinax01 Member

Coworker found out I collect coins, so he brought me 18 rolls of quarters he rolled from his piggy bank. Very last roll and a Lowell W pops out!

14. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow has had a fairly dry few months CRH. Found 4 W quarters in AU: 3AMPs, and 1WIPs. Meow has yet to find a any 2020 circulated coins besides 2020d pennies here and there. A 1927 penny, 1999d Georgia double ear and hair. A couple of finger feeder 1998p 1997p quarters. And a very mushy N Dakota ATB.
    WIN_20200822_15_35_14_Pro.jpg WIN_20200822_15_35_44_Pro.jpg WIN_20200822_15_38_40_Pro.jpg WIN_20200822_15_39_04_Pro.jpg WIN_20200822_15_40_04_Pro.jpg WIN_20200822_15_50_42_Pro.jpg WIN_20200822_15_40_14_Pro.jpg

kkm likes this.
  15. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

I've recently gotten a few 2020 dimes and quarters in change, some of which are in my pocket right now, including a 2020-P Salt River Bay (US Virgin Islands) quarter.

16. MeowtheKitty

Meow gets very uneven coin distribution where Meow lives. Meow CRHs quarters on a regular basis. Meow has lost count, of how many W quarters Meow has found, as Meow has stashed most of them deep in the Cat Hoard. But most of them where AMPs, maybe 70%. The rest WIPs, besides one Lowell and one RONR. Meow has even yet to find a Texas one yet.

manny9655 likes this.
  17. MeowtheKitty

Who can say no to a cookie?

berto likes this.
  18. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Today I finally stopped in at the bank I delivered cookies to last week. The tellers remembered me and thanked me for the cookies.

Last week they had told me one teller had $80 in halves. These halves were gone today, but they had $14.50 in loose halves. 2, 40%ers in them so I am happy!
    2795302B-32CB-4AD9-BB79-A574CD0A8500.jpeg
    0793A382-8167-41A6-A11C-DEEE759E1BA6.jpeg

19. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I had to go to our bank for some in-person business last week, and I asked about half dollars. They had quite a lot. I took four rolls. Nothing -- no silver, no NIFC, no proofs, no high-grade, nothing. Oh, well. The self-checkout machines aren't picky.

20. furryfrog02

This beautiful 1972S Proof came from a roll tonight. I am working through my backlog of boxes and currently have 6.5 left.
    25AUG20 1972S Proof.png

21. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Cool.......I love finding proofs in coin rolls!

furryfrog02 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted