Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. asuphiphi

asuphiphi Active Member

Aside of a handful of wheats and Canadians I pulled this gorgeous penny like the poster from earlier.

1 Silver dime from two boxes of dimes

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

I think so, lol. What is it?

4. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

This was to @Tuco.

5. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

Just guessing, but found some that were pretty close on google/ebay that were "2 Reales" Spanish (Mexico Colonial) silver coins. I think the year might be 1774. Probably still not wealthy, looks like most go for about $10-$20. :)

TexAg, berto and bditto39 like this.
  6. bditto39

bditto39 Active Member

Definitely a Spanish Real of some denomination. Im no expert but i have a few. What is the diameter?

7. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

it's just a touch smaller than a nickel, about 20-21mm

8. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

9. Austin J

Austin J New Member

any chance? I'm a newb but I have read enough that this was on my list to look for.

Attached Files:

10. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Any chance of what?

11. asuphiphi

asuphiphi Active Member

It ain't silver

12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Austin, you'll get a much better response if you start your own thread. This thread has more than 2,000 pages. Be sure to include what it is that you think you see on the coin and include the appropriate images. ~ Chris

13. mullinax01

mullinax01 Member

Got 10 rolls from my bank, opened first roll and this popped out! 3BCC075A-FD94-4D31-BA3C-EA6FBEE84141.jpeg 448C5890-5FEF-424C-AFE6-72B2355E536D.jpeg

14. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Very Cool. I have yet to find a Missions or RONR W in rolls. I had to trade for the ones I have. I still want to find 2 of each on my own by coin roll searching.

15. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow went to the bank today and was going to get $200 in quarters. When Meow was presented with them, Meow noticed they where all BU Memorial Park quarters. So Meow reached in to the Cat wallet and pulled out the Meow Mix money for the week, and asked for more. So the teller said they had only five more rolls. So Meow took them, and now has a smaller Meow Mix funds for the week. So it shows this Cats priorities to spend the food money for the week on coin rolls.
    So now Meow is wondering what the chance of finding Ws is, in them. As Meow keeps BU rolls for the Cat Hoard, and feels a little bad to open them. Also the Ws quarters Meow has found so far CRH has been 75% Memorial Parks. So what to do? Meow has a bunch of them anyway. CRH funds have been low lately due to not recycling coins. Meow received 30 rolls of BU Missouri ATBs in the last few weeks. And those have already been stashed on the Cat Hoard. So here is $250 that Meow cannot use anymore. It kinda stinks that CRH cost money, and some of us feel they don't have enough funds to get all the rolls the desire.
    20200701_175047.jpg

spirityoda and Tuco like this.
  16. MeowtheKitty

Meow has yet to find that one. Meow strongly hopes that it will become Meow's CRH prey soon. Congrats, on the find. Sure does feel good to have a new W quarter in paw doesn't it?

17. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

@MeowtheKitty the amp rolls were also where the Lowell quarters were released. I would search them . Maybe keep 5 rolls Unsearched From the searched ones I woul then put together a couple rolls of near perfect ones to keep too. Then dump the rest for meow mix and more rolls.

Brina likes this.
  18. MeowtheKitty

So there is a chance there are Lowells and AMPs? Hmmm, Meow has only two Lowells. So that would be nice to find those. Meow will consider opening one, and see what the results are. Either way Meow is happy to get BU quarter rolls, as that does not happen often.

19. mullinax01

mullinax01 Member

I've still not been able to get any BU quarter rolls from 2019 or 2020. Would LOVE to stumble upon some at the bank!

20. MeowtheKitty

This was Meow's first batch of BU 2019s ever. Meow has still not found a single 2020 coin anywhere locally. Meow is quite pleased. Meow will stare at them over the weekend.

21. MeowtheKitty

Ok, so after some convincing by some members here; Meow open a few rolls. And they contained nada. Just 40 d mint AMP quarters. So after 4 rolls, Meow stopped and stashed the rest of the rolls in the Cat Hoard. And put the 4 rolls of opened coins in clear tubes and also added them to the Cat Hoard.

And ummmm, Cat Hoard is getting a bit out of hand. It is beginning to run out of places to even walk through. So Meow will have to organize better to find space for future Cat Hoard additions.

Draft saved Draft deleted