Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Larry Squires

Larry Squires Member

I found a couple of these 1983 - no FG on high-grade coins with no evidence of wear or scraping. Prolly a couple of my favorite finds. Reception luke-warm, due to die-wear (and, in researching similar finds, apparently they are not so rare).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

I have found about 8 x 1982-P “No FG” half dollars in circulated condition. I have a goal to find one in mint state and if nice enough (~MS 63 or better), I will have it graded by ANACS through our coin club. By submitting multiple coins (10 or more) in a batch, we’re able to spread out the shipping costs such that each coin only costs ~$15. I have searched a lot of halves (>500,000) and have yet to find one in mint state. :(

4. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

CRH in my small town has shut down. The Governor has told us to stop all non-essential activities due to the Coronavirus. Dumping was becoming more and more problematic due to branch closures. My last 5 boxes yielded 6 x 40%ers and 2 x 1974-D DDO. Here’s my last CRH picture for awhile.

F2A22A98-E1A5-4FAF-9101-CC6CF9CCF945.jpeg

5. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@TexAg and others, I recommend you use some of your unexpected free time wisely. Consider selling some of your CRHing finds to buy some stocks. Physical silver is selling for a premium now, so it’s a decent time to sell and reinvest. I expect stocks to quickly recover after this CV concern passes. Buying stocks and holding a year or two will payoff :cool:

White Ger. Shep. Lover and TexAg like this.
  6. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

It’s very tempting @berto. We are probably too invested in equities as it is, and so will likely sit out this opportunity to buy more at these low prices.

7. BadLuckSilver

BadLuckSilver Member

My bank gave me the "final" 2 boxes. Final? Why? "We're suspending special orders until further notice. Essential things only." I hope it's not a start of permanent suspension because once it's suspended, it's hard to restart non-essential things like this. Praying hard.

TexAg likes this.
  8. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Being stuck at home, I cleaned up my clad half dollar hoard today. I went through those one off stacks of AU & Mint State coins that were taking up space on my desktop, lol. I also reduced the amount of duplicates I’m keeping for Dansco albums for my Grands (current and future). This meant sorting and reducing the coins in my tubes to 20 coins per year (10 if each for Denver & Philly). This freed up about $150 in halves that someday I will be able to cash out at the bank. ;) Next will be quarters, which should be easier since I don’t plan to build out quarter albums for all the Grands.

9. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Great use of your free time!

I need to do the same with about $3K in Cu-Ni clad halves I’ve set aside over the years, but given I can telework with my job this task will be further delayed :sorry:

That said I’m thankful my household still has a steady income.

TexAg likes this.
  10. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Thanks Berto, glad you are still working!

One other clean up task is to deal with all the Ike’s I’ve accumulated over the past 3 years. I have one teller who really likes them and has set aside Other coins for me. She knows about silver halves and snipes them, but has sold me a few silvers intentionally. She also unknowingly once sold me 32 CWRs containing 396 silvers (3 Benjamin’s, 5 x 90% Kennedys, & 298 x 40%ers), my best silver haul ever!

I’ll separate out my throwback duplicate Ike’s, and take a few of them to her when the virus “All clear” is announced. I will ask her if she would be willing to trade 1 Ike for 1 silver half if she finds them going forward. Hey, all she can say is, “No”.

berto likes this.
  11. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

1913LibertyHeadNickel Well-Known Member

Things have slowed down significantly for all of us. Actually, that’s putting it mildly; they’ve come to a complete halt! Here are some of my recent cool & error finds in half dollar rolls. Some greasers, a slick, possible weak strikes. I want to know opinions on these and if they’re worth holding on to. Also, I’m not sure what to categorize the non-obvious ones as. Any of these PMD?

I’ve also shown the 3 best finds from my last nickel box, including my oldest CRH nickel, an 1898 V nickel.

Thanks in advance and everyone stay safe out there!! CBE77905-88D1-4EB7-95DB-323453725B16.jpeg 06C39FB1-9FE9-4369-92F5-76F50F273F94.jpeg 788C9693-5786-48C9-892D-32926E3FA015.jpeg 666233B1-4B8E-43F5-9675-15370ABC11F0.jpeg FC2C3C5B-78FB-4C97-8F54-F1E609E047AC.jpeg

Tuco, berto, Bambam8778 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I like that kennedy greaser!!

MeowtheKitty likes this.
  13. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Yes, Meow thinks its pretty cool too.

14. afm1982

afm1982 Miami has the Dolphins...

Decided to use some free time at home to roll up $350 in quarters from a small laundry room facility. Only found a 2001-s.

15. MeowtheKitty

Meow has just found this Cat's first Lowell W quarter! It is a bit dull, but has no major dings in it. Meow did not think one could still find Lowells' as they have out for the longest out of all the W quarters. Meow is happy, as Meow just needs a San Antoine one to make the 2019 set. Meow read here that the 2020 W quarters just came out. Meow thinks it is the one with the Bats on it. Bats? Where are the Cats?
    WIN_20200406_20_35_34_Pro.jpg WIN_20200406_20_35_42_Pro.jpg

halvessearcher and drewish like this.
  16. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Meow. I think the bat W's will be the last issued. I think Weir farms is first.

MeowtheKitty likes this.
  17. drewish

drewish New Member

A breaking development released by the U.S. Mint at 12:51 p.m. Eastern Time April 3 indicates the 2020-W National Park of American Samoa quarter dollars will be released into circulation April 6 along with the 2020-W Weir Farm National Historic Site quarter dollars.

Beardigger and MeowtheKitty like this.
  18. MeowtheKitty

Bats for Cats!

19. Beardigger

I hadn't heard that. COOL!

20. MeowtheKitty

Is that the one with a farmhouse and an easel?

21. Beardigger

Yes. BTW.....Congrats on the Lowell.

MeowtheKitty likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted