Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

The small and large date are differentiated by the shape of the 2.
    upload_2020-1-18_19-8-12.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Thanks Tex. That is it. But I think mine stops at the A.

4. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

More like this one?
    90E5A0B9-F003-4A83-98FD-8C65B221A10D.jpeg

tmeyer and Tuco like this.
  5. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Took a break from CRH today to hit the Jr. High near me with my metal detector. Nothing valuable, just felt good to dig up stuff while the ground was still soft from rain. $2.11 plus a pendant (non silver), broken medallion (also non silver), and a Putt Putt token.
    188C4E45-465E-4D63-A796-C565BACDF591.jpeg

6. Jamison Fields

Jamison Fields New Member

Oh that's really disappointing.... how much smaller is it cause i have several 1982 and I thought the 2s looked different...

7. Jamison Fields

Jamison Fields New Member

Well I guess I see the difference now thanks for clearing that up but this did spark an interest into coins so what's a good way for a beginner to get started??

8. BadLuckSilver

BadLuckSilver Member

I haven't dumped 10,000+ quarters yet. I better check that out.

9. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Read the posts here is a start. Study the way coins are minted. Buy a Red Book. Ask questions. Last, but not least, ignore the YouTube people. 99% of them know next to nothing about coins!

10. bantha421

bantha421 Active Member

IMG_20200118_234711038~2.jpg A little hard to see in the picture, but found a loose 1966 SMS half dollar at the bank the other day.

tmeyer, GenX Enthusiast, Tuco and 2 others like this.
  11. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

This is after 6 hrs in the Onyx brand of 100% pure acetone, would you guys keep going or move to Xylene?

Attached Files:

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Either that or just spend it.

Tuco likes this.
  13. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

Haha, I know it's ugly now, but it's silver and some really colorful toning is starting to peek through on the back. :)

Kentucky likes this.
  14. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Couldn't even see the S at first. This might even be a candidate for ammonia if the xylene doesn't work.

15. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Continued looking through the jug of coins I've been hoarding for the past couple years. Cents, quarters, and dimes are done. I posted the cent data a few weeks back, so regarding the quarters, nothing exciting to report on but I did update the quarter albums with a few higher grade specimens. Dimes were more interesting. I did find a 1964D I missed scanning my change so I'm glad that one didn't get away. I also found three DDRs (2014, (2) 2016). Minor varieties that seem to be plentiful enough. Just the nickels left and I generally check those pretty closely before putting them in the jug. But I noticed that Brian has posted a few more modern Jefferson nickel DDOs/DDRs so there is a shot of finding something. Frankly, it's been a while since I had a CRH event, so this is the closest to it and presents the opportunity to learn a few new varieties. I enjoy seeing/reading about the finds, so keep them coming!

berto likes this.
  16. GenX Enthusiast

GenX Enthusiast Forensic grammatician

Bartending sometimes pays off in ways I don't expect;)
    I found my second W mint 2019 quarter from the till tonight. First was a very nice, gemmy San Antonio Mission, a month or two ago, tonight's is a Lowell with a perfect reverse, while the obverse is less beautiful than the San Antonio. I had to call a waitress over to confirm the mintmark, my eyes were toast. Very happy;)

tmeyer, Tuco, berto and 3 others like this.
  17. LuckyCoin

LuckyCoin HappyHunting

Awesome...congrats

GenX Enthusiast likes this.
  18. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Good going! Yes, my experience with quarters is the obverse is usually in worse shape than the reverse. I think it’s due to the large, raised, smooth face of George. It gets scratched and dinged much easier than the reverse. Probably true of the rest of our coins come to think of it, lol. I have some nice W quarters per the reverse, that are not as nice on the obverse. :yack:

GenX Enthusiast likes this.
  19. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

Last 2 boxes of halves before a snowy week and CRH break. Skunked on silver & errors, but somehow these proofs found their way into Loomis rolls.

proofs.jpg

20. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

amazing, all in 2 boxes?

Tuco likes this.
  21. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

One box had 2 of the '86 Statue of Libertys and all the rest were in the other box with 2 enders, was really surprised, but I guess from a value standpoint they might just be about like finding a 40%er.

berto and TexAg like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted