Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@Tuco I am convinced your coin is silver, congrats on the impaired silver modern proof! Over my 5 years of searching I have found only 1 silver modern proof, a 1996S, and it was also impaired.

I roll hunt and, when I find a good deal, buy silver coins on feebay and FB marketplace. I keep the coins I like, and about every 6 months I sell the rest. I recently made another bulk sale and earned my typical 20% profit, so I was happy. I keep a separate account for CRHing, and the proceeds go back into this account. It is a good thing this account is separate because helping my kids with college routinely drains every other account my wife and I hold! It is shocking how much college costs have risen since I attended. My wife and I simply do not want our kids burdened with debt the size of the mortgage on the first house my wife and I bought in the 90's ($100K) by the time our kids earn their college degree...I'm looking forward to our last child graduating from college in 6 years! It will free-up far more cash for CRHing! :) Happy hunting everyone.

Tuco, TexAg and -jeffB like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Tell me about it. When I went off to college, it was a state school, and tuition plus room and board amounted to less than 10% of the US median income. I had classmates who worked part-time to put themselves through school. Today? That same school would cost more than 50% of the US median income. It's a heck of a hole to start out in.

berto likes this.
  4. BadLuckSilver

BadLuckSilver Member

I'm thinking the same. But I'm very curious how some areas may fare. I will put them in printout spreadsheet where I picked them up and see which have success. :) A lot of time but what's the hurry? I'm on the move without time limit :D It will be an adventure! I am sure I would unroll those coins faster than unpacking.

TouchOfGrey and berto like this.
  5. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Okay, the last box I reported on had the shiny rim (1964). I found 2 x 40%ers in that box. The next box was a skunk. But, it’s companion box from the same branch had 2 enders (I had to tear the end open and check the rim on the reverse ender to be sure). I always keep my ender rolls for last when I search a box. So, the first roll I opened in this box had 3 silvers! This could be a nice box! Unfortunately, I have to stop and go get a replacement tank for my reverse osmosis unit as I am in the middle of that repair. :sour: Hopefully, I will have full box results later tonight. Meanwhile, here’s a couple of pictures.
    2E0E80B9-3C46-45D0-BAD7-8F90E8511B8C.jpeg B33A3D83-AB52-42DA-8D49-22CBC3E6AC79.jpeg

6. TouchOfGrey

TouchOfGrey Member

Started the day with a $100 bag of halves and $270 in fed rolls. Nothing in the bag, but got these in the $270. Also did another full box of $500 fed rolls but it was a skunk. Can someone remind me the shorthand for fed rolls? BWR? MWR? FWR?

Attached Files:

GenX Enthusiast and TexAg like this.
  7. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

My 2 ender box was a sweet one: 6 x 90%ers & 26 x 40%ers! It didn’t come a moment too soon, and is my first glimpse of Christmas silver. It's also my best box in 3 months. I think that branch had another box, I'm there tomorrow to buy it! Here’s the tally:
    1941 Walker
    1960 Franklin
    2 x 1964
    2 x 1964-D
    6 x 1966
    9 x 1967
    8 x 1968-D
    3 x 1969-D
    BTW, this was a Loomis box. Some on this forum have suggested that Loomis is culling silver during their coin processing. Maybe, but apparently not here. I have another one or two boxes to pick up tomorrow, plus a load of halves and quarters to dump as I have been trying to find more W quarters. I have bought or traded for some from nice folks on CT. However, my personal finds of W quarters so far are limited to the following:
    5 x Lowells
    1 x AMP
    2 WIPs
    1 SAM
    0 x RONR :meh:

AC84F594-60E9-4A08-AF0E-2B5FA4189C03.jpeg

8. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Nice ones! We mostly use MWRs & CWRs (Customer Wrapped Rolls).

TouchOfGrey likes this.
  9. LuckyCoin

LuckyCoin HappyHunting

Found this quarter 2day in a customer roll and i hope all agree w/me that it looks like a S mint mark with a die chip inside...if it is...wow its my 1st S quarter find...plz give your opinions. Thx everybody.

Attached Files:

10. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I'm not a quarter guy, but it looks like the MM is filled with a die chip.

11. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Take pics with different light angles. I'm still not sure on this one.

12. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

2 1k bags had a '74D DDO, '82P no FG, 2 40%ers and a pretty neat 1918 S Walker.

1918S.jpg

spirityoda, Arby, sergeant and 9 others like this.
  13. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Bought $200 of MWR quarters yesterday. Searched them today and found my first River of No Return West Point.
    B8A2F1CD-CDBE-4007-B957-8F7893D48058.jpeg 7A03AFE9-3F3F-42BC-A00C-3BD5C60D9DB4.jpeg

Arby, GenX Enthusiast, berto and 6 others like this.
  14. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

4 boxes of half dollars yesterday gave up 1x64P and 5x40%ers. Nothing special but not shabby.

After I dumped those this morning, I picked up $200 in dimes, $300 in quarters, and $250 in halves.
    Dimes - 2xRoosies (52P and 53D), a few foreign
    Quarters - 2xProofs(MI and Mt Rushmore),one of which was an ender!, another 18P Cumberland Islands rim cud. It looks to be an extension of the one I found previously.
    Halves - Skunk
    18JAN20 Finds.jpg 18JAN20 04S MIchigan Proof.jpg 18JAN20 13S Mt Rushmoore Proof.jpg 18JAN20 18P Cumberland Isand Rim CUD.jpg 18JAN20 Proof Quarter Ender.JPG

15. LuckyCoin

LuckyCoin HappyHunting

Awesome coins...love those foreign coins and amazing luckwith those proofs :jawdrop:

furryfrog02 likes this.
  16. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I've already found 5 proof quarters this year! In only $600 worth of quarters.

LuckyCoin likes this.
  17. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The W is not happening. I did pull a Delaware spitting horse. I keep taking photos
    and it just is not coming through. In my eye loupe there is a raised line directly from the horse's mouth to the top of the A. At about a 45 degree angle.

TexAg likes this.
  18. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

That sounds like it Michael. Is it a Philly coin? To get this error to show, I have to take a picture with my iPhone through a 10X loupe. Here’s one I found last month. I have a number of these. The die crack can be mature as in this photo, or less pronounced and shorter in length.
    446F7182-B290-415C-B98C-FC05C0374EB7.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Arby, berto, Michael K and 1 other person like this.
  19. Jamison Fields

Jamison Fields New Member

Hi,
    I had a bowl full of pennies, and something told me to do some research then give them a look. This is one that I came across it's the 1982 with the D and copper. It looks to be in good condition to me, and according to a youtuber the last one sold at auction went for $18,800.00....... so, what are your thoughts is this really legit?!?!?!??!
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/sSmkYWvvdz3qpzjRA
    I also think I might have the 1992 with the old reverse if I remember my research correctly..

20. Jamison Fields

Jamison Fields New Member

I just added a close up of the date

21. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

You have a large date 1982-D copper cent. The super rare one (I believe only 2 have been found and confirmed) is the small date 1982-D copper cent.

Draft saved Draft deleted