Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Excellent haul FF! Gotta be a Dream Box for wheaties. I once got a mega haul of wheats from 22 CWRs that a very nice teller set aside for me. Not the same as finding them in a box, but still very satisfying with 721 total, and a number of rolls being solid wheats.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

This is my first post in several weeks as I took a few weeks off from roll searching. Picked up a box of nickels last week and just finished it. Still going through a bit of a silver slump as there were no war nickels this time around. Had 8 various non-silvers from the 40's but no 38 or 39 key dates. Best find in the box was a VERY dateless buffalo nickel. Couldn't even take a guess at the date.

However, in the past week I've received both a 68S proof lincoln cent AND a 72S proof lincoln cent in pocket change from two different locations. Probably drops from the GACH last summer.

4. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Well, my last 3 boxes of halves in SoCal yielded one 40%er and several hundred more 2018-D. So from 9 boxes I managed to pull 35 silvers. I only have a box of quarters left and will search them later. If I am lucky, I’ll snag another box of halves before we head back to Texas.

5. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

Whatever state has the most old people dying has the most wheats one circulation.

6. Not bad logic, Sergeant, but if that were the case, then one might think that Arizona and Florida would harbor the largest amounts of copper and wheats. I don't know about Florida, but I spent a week out in Scottsdale last year and purchased 6 boxes of pennies from a couple local banks. They say the climate is real dry out there, but the wheatie supply may even be drier. Talk about lame! I think I averaged about 6 wheats per box. I know it's a relatively small sampling, but needless to say, I didn't have any penny boxes shipped back to the great State of Wisconsin. I guess it shall remain a mystery as to why Wisconsin and Michigan rule when it comes to penny hunting.

7. berto

berto Well-Known Member

$500 worth of mwr halves resulted in nada.

Happy thanksgiving all!

8. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Pulled this one out last night with a little silver. Looks like a souvenir shop piece. Not painted but plated.

IMG_0268.JPG IMG_0269.JPG S20191130_002.jpg

Mike185, berto, Tuco and 2 others like this.
  9. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

So, I finished searching 3 boxes of quarters here in SoCal. Found lots of all 5 Denver 2019 issues. Also found 2 Philadelphia Delaware “Spitting Horse”, 1 Philadelphia Arizona “Extra Leaf Cactus”. And wait for it........
    A Lowell and AMP W! My first Ws, yay for me!

A978A308-3E2D-42A2-81AC-4AA6EE939E64.jpeg A4BCCF2C-0772-41BC-9F5B-FD355AE1CDDB.jpeg

Arby, immytay1, berto and 4 others like this.
  10. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Hurrah!

TexAg likes this.
  11. Islander80-83

And I bet you looked at it 10 times to make sure it was a W. ;) So did I! I'm getting to submit a San Antonio Missions.

Tuco and TexAg like this.
  12. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, did $25 CWR cents and they were garbage. 4 Wheats and 4 Canadian. Blah

Islander80-83 likes this.
  13. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Oh yes, and then I showed them to all my in-laws. Congrats on the SAM, it must be in nice condition.

14. Islander80-83

Thanks! Yes, my non-professional grading skills says it's exceptional. I'm submitting it to ANACS. I'm really just testing my grading skills. I got luck with an American Memorial Park already.

Tuco, TexAg and furryfrog02 like this.
  15. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Congrats on the W's @TexAg

TexAg likes this.
  16. Tuco

Tuco Member

Good luck on the submission Islander! You thinking 67? I'm hoping to get a nice one soon, so far I'm guessing my 2 best Ws are 65.

17. Islander80-83

Thanks. Yes, at least 67. Anything less will be disappointing but a learning experience none the less.

Tuco likes this.
  18. Tuco

Tuco Member

68 would be awesome, hope you get it!

19. berto

berto Well-Known Member

$1,000 worth of the mwr halves that had 2 silver enders showing produced only 2 silver coins, both ‘67s, ugh. This was against the odds!

Oh well, better than zilch.

TexAg likes this.
  20. Jason Istvan

Jason Istvan Member

Well, got bored and did 2 boxes of nickel that i've had sitting around.

Found a '27 Buffalo, 2xCanadian 1987s, and 1 silver P. Not great, but it's been a couple years since I found a buffalo so not gonna complain!

Pulled out the variety years, next time I'm bored I'll take a look for RPMs and the like.

21. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Agree, against the odds. But I have had a handful of boxes with a silver ender and that was the only silver in the box. Then last week I had a single silver ender box and found a total of 22. Go figure.

berto likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted