Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Islander80-83 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Oh yes, Hate when that happens.

4. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

No. I have a half dozen or so Lowell's as well.

tmeyer likes this.
  5. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

I had another good week from Nov 11 through 15, 16 boxes searched, 12 skunks, and 4 boxes yielded me 23 pieces of silver, with 5-90%ers and 18-40%ers, One Buffalo Bill sticker coin, 12-NIFC, 11-11D's, 3-11P's, 2-17D's. 1-71 Gold Plated counterstamped half, I pulled 5-64 kennedys, and 2-65, 5-66, 8-67, and 3-68's. Hope you all had a great week. No CRH this week headed to Washington DC. There will be no post from me until next week. Wishing you all the best of luck on your CRH.

Nov 15 2019 Finds-ccfopt.jpg

TexAg, immytay1, berto and 3 others like this.
  6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I stopped my quarter box orders this week. You’re welcome to have all the West Points you want ;)

Islander80-83 and tmeyer like this.
  7. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

[​IMG]
    First box out of 4.

Haven't posted since August but I started recording every coin hunt on paper and will put them on the computer soon.

immytay1 and tmeyer like this.
  8. Islander80-83

I see a lot of you guys are finding these clad NIFC Kennedy's. Can I ask your doing with them once you find them?

9. Islander80-83

I know. Leave some for someone else! :happy: If I had yours, I'd throw mine back. :hilarious:

10. furryfrog02

I just moved the quarter money into more half dollar boxes. Tis the season. I need to rebuild my stack :)

Cheech9712 and Islander80-83 like this.
  11. NPCoin

NPCoin Resident Imbecile

Mine go into folders, long-term coin tubes, or flips...depending on how many I find at a time.

You should find quite a bit more "NIFC" halves in freshly distributed bank rolls. The US Mint did dump quite a few million halves to the FRB last year...close to 8 million. This is the biggest dump of halves to the FRB since 2004. And, according to reports, the 2018 shipments were the first shipments to the FRB of halves in 12 years (2006 being the last reported shipment).

12. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

I am putting the best ones in an album. The others I will keep for now.

Islander80-83 likes this.
  13. furryfrog02

I keep a set for my album and dump the rest. They’re not worth much, if anything over face and I’d rather have the $$ to put back into the CRH fund.

TexAg, tmeyer and Islander80-83 like this.
  14. Islander80-83

Yep, my exact thought. I can see keeping them for albums and completing sets. I have 6 of the older 1964-1976 Whitman clear slide albums completed. Never got into the modern day clad. I throw them all back for the CRH fund as well.

tmeyer likes this.
  15. NPCoin

NPCoin Resident Imbecile

These are from a fresh box I got before last summer. Almost five full rolls of 2002-2006.

Kennedy - NIFC - rolls - 2002-2006.jpg
    If I were to speculate, I would guess that these were probably from the earlier dumps 12-15 years ago and have been sitting somewhere until they finally showed up at my bank. I would guess that the newer dump would be a better mix of 2007-2011...only because that's the spread I have seen from the last handful of rolls I got at the end of summer.

16. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

Opened 3 penny boxes yesterday(Sunday). Only one bore fruit. The first box pretty much kicked butt, to the tune of 88 wheats, with a nice little brown VF '17-D being the star of the show. Some nice unc 60's mingled in too. I couldn't wait to rip into box #2. But that enthusiasm quickly dissipated . Just 2 rolls in and I knew this box was going to be a yawner. Somebody ( not one of my old discards, as I dump at another bank) had picked this baby clean. Only 2 lame wheats ( '56-D & '58) and a handful of copper for the entire box. Box #3 was only slightly better, yielding 9 wheats and just a few nice unc 70's. I guess at the end of the day 1-3 isn't bad........ .333 will certainly get you to Copperstown ......make that "Cooperstown ".

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  17. furryfrog02

Finished my second box of cents and was pretty happy when this lady popped out:
    18NOV19 1897 IHC Pile.JPG 18NOV19 1897 IHC.png

-jeffB, Treashunt, TexAg and 5 others like this.
  18. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

WOW an IHP. Have never found one in the wild. I have a few well worn ones from my dad's collection. Would still love to find one in the wild though! CONGRATS FF

furryfrog02 likes this.
  19. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

Sweet find, FF! No matter what the condition, it ALWAYS sends a chill smack down the spine, anytime you unearth an Indian from the wild. Take FF's well traveled 1897 here. Wouldn't you just love to know it's history? All of the cities it has visited and how many famous people have fondled this very coin. I bet the likes of Charles Chaplin, John F. Kennedy and Amelia Earhart may very well have had FurryFrog's new find in their right front pocket at one time......the later possibly while crossing the Atlantic. For me though, one question just begs to be answered in regards to FF's first picture? Did FF snap that pic immediately upon discovering his new IHC, or did he first quickly grab and inspect the coin and then put the coin back, even going to the extent of putting 3 Lincoln pennies over it's upper portion, making it look like he took the pic first??? Beautifully staged, FurryFrog.......well done, sir!

furryfrog02 likes this.
  20. berto

berto Well-Known Member

A teller called me and told me she received $60 in cwr halves and would hold them for me, so on my way home from work I picked them up. The wrappers were old and represented a variety of paper patterns, so I thought I may have scored...Not to be. The only keeper was this AU relatively significant ‘74 struck through grease error...
    DF091E5D-BAF7-40E6-82F9-858020C1EDAA.jpeg
    Which I’m VERY happy with.

I decided to hit a few more banks (5) and scared up $2 loose halves and $200 MWR halves...No keepers.

Oh well, I’m satisfied.

Arby and Islander80-83 like this.
  21. diburning

diburning Member

I actually have a red book. The dollar coins don't seem to be particularly valuable even the ones with low(er) mintages. But I'll give it a go. I've gotten proofs from non-collectors who got them from my local transit agency's vending machines, so maybe I'll start there.

TexAg likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted