Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Wow FF! That’s why you are still “The King Of The Ws”! Even if you are a Nats fan, lol. :jawdrop:

furryfrog02 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Eh, I grew up watching the Cubs so I'm still a Cubs fan at heart. Just happen to live in the DC/Baltimore area now. I will happily watch Nats/O's/Cubs/really any baseball game :)

TexAg likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I just counted and the totals are as follows:
    Lowell "W" - 9x
    AMP "W" - 52x
    Guam "W" - 8x
    Missions "W" - 0
    Idaho "W" - 7x

That's after my last round of sending some out to people.

NLL, Treashunt, berto and 3 others like this.
  5. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Oops. First one. Thats amazing

6. Cheech9712

Your doing a great job. Good luck

furryfrog02 likes this.
  7. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

7 cwr of cents... one wheat, one CDN, and 2 2009s

8. Got two boxes of pennies yesterday. Teller handed me one bank-wrapped and one customer-wrapped box.

Started with the bank-wrapped. Started out slow but got better toward the end. Found ten wheats (all well-circulated common dates), three Canadians, and a few BU's from the '70s-'90s. Ended up keeping a couple of the BU's for my albums and tossed the rest. Also set aside several 2017 P's and 2009s, but ended up tossing them all as well (that's usually what I do with these), minus one I needed for an album. Plus a couple other dates I needed for one of my albums. Toward the end I also found a 1995 double die (probably my best find to date), a 2000 Wide AM, and a 1959-D woodie I ended up keeping.

Customer-wrapped box was a total skunk. All 1983-2019, no copper at all, definitely someone else's collection dump. (Evidently someone who keeps all copper pennies, which I personally don't understand.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    sergeant, Kevin Mader, berto and 2 others like this.
  9. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

A Loomis box today and one from yesterday were skunks. I did find 2 x 1974-D DDO in today's box, but they both had "ring around the collar" damage from the roll wrapping machine so I tossed them back. Looking forward to more boxes next week. HH everyone!

berto likes this.
  10. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Got my box of halves and 10 rolls of quarters. No silver until the 3rd from the last roll. Got a 1969D. At least I did not get skunked! :) Also got a 2005S half and 6 NIFC's. In the quarters I got my first 2019 P! It is a Lowell. That means the "W's" are near! Finally made it to Arizona. Still waiting for my first W. :) 20191102_113447.jpg

11. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

1913LibertyHeadNickel Well-Known Member

Perhaps my best box of nickels ever. A bunch of pre-1960 coins, an XF 1939-D (my first ever found coin toll hunting), an almost BU 1959-D, two Canadians, two 2009’s, a couple of better date UNCs, like 82-P and 83-P a 1945-P Silver, a 1935 Buffalo and my first ever V nickel pull, a 1900! (My wife pulled one a year ago, but I never have.)
    03CF0781-8D2F-4E0C-8F44-8A07E8886270.jpeg

12. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Great finds!

13. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

was inspired by Furryfrogs recent quarter find to try a box today. So far this is what I found. Got 10 rolls to go yet.
    1 AMP w
    1 toned effigy mounds
    1 in god we rust
    1 2004 Texas state quarter in mint condition.
    1 2006 Navada S proof
    1 2002 p Indiana state in great condition

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    immytay1 and tmeyer like this.
  14. Cheech9712

Yahoos

15. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Saturday, I stopped by a bank that orders a box of halves for me every week. Was told a teller had a “gold” quarter she was saving for me, but it was her day off. So I stopped by there yesterday and she excitedly handed me a roll of quarters with a “gold” ender. I explained to her it was gold plated and had no additional monetary value, and that I appreciated her for saving it for me. I also asked for halves and they had just received a Loomis box which was too early in the week to be my ordered box. Turns out the quarter was a nice Philly Texas State Quarter so I am keeping it. The box was a skunk, but gave up a 1987-P Kennedy. In the last 30 days I have found 7 x 1987s (P&D) from 4 different boxes, very unusual!

A41FCFC3-A902-43CC-AAF3-1C6B33DD4429.jpeg 381AB129-6FC9-407A-B674-0600357E7AF5.jpeg 5DDB817B-9156-4543-B196-6D08436771CE.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    berto and tmeyer like this.
  16. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@TexAg last week I deposited two of those gold plated quarters, so they're out there for you ;)

Grats on your finding multiple '87 halves. I believe this typically indicates other collectibles will also be in the mix, maybe your next box...

TexAg likes this.
  17. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member

Wow, congrats! That's awesome.

18. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member

I tried a new branch today and was able to get just $40 in nickels (18 machine ad 2 customer rolls)—but I think I may have intercepted part of a collection dump. No 'wow' coins but a statistically high number of finds in just 5 rolls. The best was the 3 war nickels. The 1945-S is an album-filler for me. Just don't see 'em here often. HH
    3 War Nickels obv .jpg 3 War Nickels rev.jpg

19. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Typical is one war nickel per $100 box. You have 3 @ $40. I say you did well!!

Relic Raker and berto like this.
  20. berto

berto Well-Known Member

On my way home from work I stopped at one of my two personal business banks where I keep most my moh-nay, both banks of which sometimes produce a silver half or two, and one teller had $6 in loose halves. As he counted them out to me he remarked one of them was silver...Only a 40%er, but the teller was a nice guy given he obviously knew what he had, was polite, and still sold me the goods instead of sniping :)

He made my day
    720C92E0-6624-4E0D-BAFE-37E960C8FBFC.jpeg

Arby, tmeyer, TexAg and 3 others like this.
  21. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I took a closer look at this 1966 half last night, and found it is ALMOST a "no FG". The FG is very light. Oh well, I will keep looking.

1913LibertyHeadNickel and tmeyer like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted