Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I "may" have had a few beers yesterday being it was the evening before a day off... ;)

TexAg likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

2nd box of the week:
    1 x 1964
    1 x 1964-D
    2 x 1967
    1 x 1969-D
    1 x 1974-D DDO

4D015B85-B5D9-4519-AF2F-8C0FD4F9B0EA.jpeg 5B7B389B-2FF1-41D4-B00D-491D2C1A9773.jpeg 02F19C62-8DA1-414B-98F0-5D533E0AB351.jpeg

Relic Raker, immytay1, tmeyer and 3 others like this.
  4. furryfrog02

@TexAg I'm pretty sure every 74D DDO ever minted ended up in your area.

Arby, berto and TexAg like this.
  5. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member

Short nickel hunt today. Scored a key date, 1939-D (3.5M).
    1939-D nickel obv.jpg 1939-D nickel rev.jpg

immytay1, tmeyer, Heavymetal and 4 others like this.
  6. furryfrog02

Nice! 39d is one of the 2 I can’t find crhing. Searched over $50k in nickels.
    Congrats!

berto likes this.
  7. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Sometimes it seems that way, lol. In this slow streak, it can give me a lift when I find one.

Everyone - Happy to trade some of them for coins I need. PM me if you are interested.

8. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Got 6 CWR rolls of half’s from my bank today
    No silver, but a bucket load of BU / AU Kennedy’s . Most are 1973’s but some other years too. I’ll count it as a win since I can’t resist a nice shiny Kennedy

image.jpg

Arby, tmeyer and berto like this.
  9. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

I FINALLY found a 2009P Jefferson nickel while roll hunting. It only took searching 7 boxes to find one but I've now successfully filled the blue folder Jefferson Nickels #2 and #3 (1960 to date) entirely from roll searching. Of course, the 09P is lightly damaged by what I assume is the roll crimper machine but it will suffice until I find a better example sometime in the next 7 boxes!

tmeyer, berto, TexAg and 1 other person like this.
  10. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Congrats, that's a good feeling when you fill a folder by searching rolls and change!

11. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

I'm also working on Memorial Cents -- still need 4 of those. And clad dimes and quarters but they are going slower as I'm only searching pocket change for them.

TexAg likes this.
  12. Cory j Spierings

Cory j Spierings New Member

Where do you generally have better luck finding half dollar inventory? Banks or Credit Unions? Just curios because my local CU stopped carrying boxes of halves last year.

13. Beardigger

My CU told me I needed to check with Large National Banks like BOA or Wells Fargo.(Business Banks) Most will only order for customers though.

14. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

223C7F8A-8F23-47ED-90F4-2EC5C9A8EBF9.jpeg 97A384D5-1179-4EEF-9420-D77F4D247656.jpeg 88C17567-C977-44D3-9AEC-CF5EAA2CEA76.jpeg
    Congratulations! Found my 39D in a roll from Key Bank last October while visiting Pittsburgh. @furryfrog02 told me ‘I hate your face’. The one in my album is AU so it’s in a 2x2 now.

Relic Raker likes this.
  15. furryfrog02

Heavymetal likes this.
  16. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Probably cuz you’re a Steelers fan, lol.

Heavymetal likes this.
  17. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Bought the towel for my buddy

TexAg likes this.
  18. Beardigger

2 questions......1. How do you do your roll searching.....IE: I check edges first for silvers. Then I will turn all my quarters face down look at the backs, pull out any I know MAY contain errors and set them aside. Then turn the rest back over, and go over them with a magnifying glass to look at dates and mint marks. Then go back and check the ones I kept out more carefully.

2. Do you keep any of the BU /AU coins you find in rolls? I'm searching quarters now, and when I find a nice clean one, I just put it in the tube. I have enough AMB recent quarters so I don't keep those anymore, but today I found a nice clean 1993 D that I kept along with some AU state quarters. I know they are only worth FV, but I just hate putting them back in circulation. LOL

19. furryfrog02

Finished up my 2 boxes of halves and 2 boxes of quarters for the week:
    Box 1 of halves had 68D and 64P Reverse ender (my first 90% in ages)
    Box 2 of halves had 67 ender and 67 in a roll

Box 1 of quarters had 2010S Proof Md Hood
    Box 2 of quarters had a laugh at me...first silver I pulled out was a 1932...Imagine my excitement when I saw the obverse....then imagine my disappointment when I saw the reverse...The pictures say it all. At least there was a 64P in the box as well...
    All finds:
    16AUG19 Finds.JPG

2010S Mt Hood Proof
    16AUG19 Mt Hood 2010S Proof.jpg

1932 Jerk...with regard to reeding: 32 is top 64P is bottom. Weight is 5.68g 16AUG19 1932 Magician's Quarter.jpg

20. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Great Finds!

21. Beardigger

Been searching a box of quarters. This is my only find so far. A 2005 Kansas in god we rust quarter. I like it

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

TexAg likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted