Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Picked up a box of quarters after work today hoping for a fresh new box of ATBs. Pulled out a single lonely “W” American Memorial.
    B297AA0D-A857-4458-931F-0735D44DC786.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

SMirC-thumbsup.svg.png

enamel7 likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

Going out tomorrow at lunch and after work in the search for cents/halves/and new quarters.

tmeyer, berto and Islander80-83 like this.
  5. WRSiegel

WRSiegel Freshman

Bought $1000 in halves, gone through $250 so far and found 3 NIFC, a 2003, a 2005, and a 2009! First time in years I've CRHed, forgot how relaxing it is.

Darchangel, berto and furryfrog02 like this.
  6. PassthePuck

PassthePuck Well-Known Member

Found this today in a Box of LMC's

Attached Files:

7. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Nice Find!

8. furryfrog02

Hit 2 banks today. Picked up 2 boxes of halves (skunk-pretty sure I'm in the middle of someone's dumps), 2 boxes of cents, and a box of quarters.

The box of quarters was fun. Ended up with 51P, a gold plated quarter, and 2 more American Memorial "W"s. That brings my total "W" find to 23.
    21JUN19 Quarter.JPG 21JUN19 Quarters.JPG

9. Islander80-83

You're still killin me! : )

icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

furryfrog02 likes this.
  10. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

$100 mixed rolls dimes - skunky le pew!

11. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Nice on the quarters, FF. Especially the silver and, "What - more Ws?!!!!!" :wacky::D

12. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I picked up $500 in halves from a bank today. The head teller offered them to me earlier this week, so why not? Ugh, I will tell you why not: It turned out they are 50 paper MWRs contained in a plastic bag from the local coin courier, which have NEVER produced a collectible for me...Not looking forward to searching these. That said I went ahead and ordered $1,000 in halves for next week.

The head teller told me he once ordered all the Ikes their coin vault had at the time, and 6,000 of them were delivered. He said one customer immediately bought $4,000 worth, and the others went to other customers in short order. Not holding my breath on the Ikes order, but ya never know.

13. furryfrog02

I am at 3 Lowell and 20 American Memorials haha. I need 4 of each, for me and the kids. Hoping to perhaps trade the extra Memorials for others I may need down the road...but if I keep finding them, I may never get the number down lol.

Islander80-83 and TexAg like this.
  14. furryfrog02

Finished up a box of cents. It was probably 85% 2019Ps but the remaining 15% gave up 11 wheats including these, which are not to common here on the East Coast:
    21JUN19 Cents.jpg

15. Islander80-83

Man, you gotta wonder if someone dumped that 17-S and 35-S into circulation in support of the Great American Coin Hunt. icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

tmeyer and Justawesome like this.
  16. furryfrog02

Doubt it. I imagine most of that stuff was dropped either in cwr or paid in cash. I doubt it would have the time to make it through the system and back out into circulation. They’re fun finds though. Been a bit since I have found a 100+ year old coin.

Islander80-83 likes this.
  17. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member

Pulled two Philly 1936 buffalos from a hand-wrapped roll today. Guess I'll have to stop trash talking customer rolls. lol

1936 buffalo x 2 x easton.jpg

18. berto

berto Well-Known Member

BF23427C-1F86-4AD4-9353-2006BD0056B6.jpeg I’ll eat my words regarding the plastic bag containing $500 mwr halves :happy:

I now believe in miracles :woot:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  19. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Very Nice! And, two more versions of your avatar. :D

Relic Raker likes this.
  20. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Nice finds!

furryfrog02 likes this.
  21. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member