Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

They can only give you what they have. They're a CU and try to do stuff within their system. That's how they save money.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I can imagine that the interior 80% copper, 20% silver alloy would look like this if untarnished. That's an amazing find!

Islander80-83 likes this.
  4. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member

I almost missed this one on the edge test. A pale '43-P war nickel.

1943-P nickel obv blond.jpg 1943-P nickel rev blond.jpg

berto and Mernskeeter like this.
  5. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Not the best photos but here are some proofs I have found since my last post in this thread. 20190617_213539.jpg 20190617_213632.jpg

Mernskeeter, berto, tmeyer and 2 others like this.
  6. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

The last NF String box gave up a lone 1964. Today I should get 3 Loomis boxes. HH!

0F7A6195-DB8D-477B-9A11-68188B4EF28D.jpeg

Darchangel, tmeyer, berto and 2 others like this.
  7. berto

berto Well-Known Member

The number of members at a credit union also determines the level of service they are able to provide. The fewer members, the fewer services. I belong to several cu's. One cu has less than 400 members, so they provide a minimal level of service, but their location is convenient for me and most of the other members because the only cu branch is located inside our office building where we work. Another credit union I belong to has over 60,000 members spread over 2 states, and therefore provides a higher level of service.

Although I may have a 6 figure account balance, I have found being friendly and polite at credit unions and banks goes a long way. My positive relationships with the tellers, head tellers, and branch managers pays off with regard to them setting aside collectible coins and currency for me.

Happy hunting, everyone!

tmeyer, TexAg and furryfrog02 like this.
  8. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

All those halves look yummy.
    But I plug along with my pennies.
    Nothing earth shattering to report but got a 'Fed ' box to replace the one I sold to the store. Haven't got into it yet.
    Got some more 2019D pennies including some really nice ones.
    Slowly weeding the copper with dings and spots out.

9. Bruce DiLego

Bruce DiLego Member

I bought a roll of pre 1921 UNC Morgans from a dealer on Ebay. It showed one end with a C.C. dollar and the other end with a 1890 date. I paid around $1300 for the roll was disappointed that all the coins where the most common dates and mint marks except the one C.C. which was a 1883. How do these guys know whats inside them when they where rolled before 1921? UGH.

10. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

They clearly WEREN'T rolled before 1921....

11. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

What he said!

12. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

read the above replies, and believe them

14. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

This is not an advertisement. Just one example of a counter and crimping machine.

berto and Islander80-83 like this.
  15. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

very interesting

16. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

And there's the rolling scam!

masterswimmer likes this.
  17. furryfrog02

So wait....you're telling me that the rolls on ebay with seated dime enders and "VDB" enders aren't really original bank rolls?
    You mean that people are constantly trying to scam others?
    You mean that there is a sucker born every minute?
    Color me shocked :p

18. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it looks like @Bruce DiLego was one of the disappointed ones taken for a ride on fleaBay. He should have come here first and asked the question. ;)

furryfrog02 likes this.
  19. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I admit I also fell for the eBay "ender roll" swindle several years ago, but my mistake was made on a roll of barber dimes :nailbiting:

Islander80-83 and furryfrog02 like this.
  20. furryfrog02

About a week after I decided to start collecting, I too bought a roll of wheats with a bright shiny "uncirculated"(reprocessed) steel wheat on the end. Luckily my mistake only cost me about $5.
    [​IMG]

tmeyer, Islander80-83 and berto like this.
  21. berto

berto Well-Known Member

4 banks yesterday yielded 6 MWR halves, 1 CWR halves, and $12.50 loose halves...Nothing.

One of the tellers offered me 3, $2 bills, so I bought them. He was excited about them because "one of them is from 1976". I politely explained to him (he was about 24 years old) he should be looking for the bills with red seals because they are "older". He appreciated the tip.:shame:

tmeyer, Islander80-83 and furryfrog02 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted