Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

I sold 2 rolls of 2019 p nickels this morning doubled my money

berto and Ikw like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

A guy i know locally a few years ago was bragging about taking 1000 foreign dimes to the back he actually cashed in 1000 merc dimes ugh

Ikw likes this.
  4. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

one BWR halves - skunk
    $50 BWR quarters - skunk (tho there was a solid roll of Lowell Ds)
    $2.50 loose halves - '68D

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I get some rolls of quarters, cause I am looking for the new ones. It's almost June and I am just not getting any 2019 quarters. I crack open the first roll and there is a silver quarter in there 1959. It's a Philly.
    silverq.png 1959.png

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  6. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Today me first four boxes two skunks, still pulled some very nice coins out of the other two boxes. 1-66, 3-67, 1-68 and 2-69's, 7-Clad Proofs, 1-76S, 1-78S, 1-79S, 1-90S, 1-91S, 1-96S and 1-12S. I also Pulled one of my nicest ever 1986D Clad Nation of Immigrants Commemoratives. Wishing you all the best of Luck! Looking forward to seeing your posts.
    May 28 2019 Finds-ccfopt.jpg 20190528_145451-ccfopt.jpg 20190528_145542-ccfopt.jpg

immytay1, berto, Mernskeeter and 4 others like this.
  7. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

Actually, I did hold onto something from the $50 in quarters cuz something didn't seem quite right. They're both 2016 Ps. Die breaks? Looks like one has a tiny bit on the right side of the hat, shoulder and cuff fringe. The other has a big one on the hat. 2016teds.jpg shoulderfringe.jpg hat.jpg

Bambam8778 likes this.
  8. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

I made my once a month trip to the neighboring town to see the Carpal Tunnel surgeon and, of course, to make the bank rounds. Picked up some half dollars (Loomis box, 2 partial bags, MWRs, loose) and some Ike’s. Will search them soon. However, a new vault teller learned I collect foreign coins and for the second time has given me coins. She said they throw away the foreign coins that come in, but doesn’t mind saving them for me. These are from Mexico, Canada, & The Philippines. A close up of the more interesting ones. My foreign album keeps growing!

8E4B821D-052B-4E9C-B545-B7786E1F5A75.jpeg A0D1542A-81B8-4202-ADF4-F1E74D4DB932.jpeg

Arby, MommaHenn, furryfrog02 and 3 others like this.
  9. Michael K

Many older foreign coins are silver. You may get lucky that she is saving them.

MommaHenn and TexAg like this.
  10. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Yes, no silvers in this batch but I did get a silver in the previous batch. ;)

MommaHenn and Michael K like this.
  11. Michael K

It's good to know which years are silver in foreigns.
    England, Canada, Mexico, Philippines, etc.

MommaHenn and TexAg like this.
  12. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

You bet. I usually rely on Numista.com if there’s any doubt.

Arby, MommaHenn and Michael K like this.
  13. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

Just searched $480 dollars CWR of halves no silver 117 were bicentennial

MommaHenn likes this.
  14. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

$90 CWR quarters - skunk except for a counter stamp
    1 CWR + $3 loose halves - skunk
    20190531_154019.jpg

MommaHenn likes this.
  15. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member

Still hunting, but the finds have been lean. Hunted a box of nickels today and got squat. Oldest (and best) coin was a 1940-S. Also got one foreign: Granada, 5 Centavos, 1997

MommaHenn likes this.
  16. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Went through a box of quarters today:

2015P Nebraska Homestead Leaky Bucket
    31MAY19 2015P Nebraska Leaky Bucket 25c.jpg

2018S Business Strike Voyagers Quarter
    31MAY19 2018S Voyagers 25c.jpg

Michael K, MommaHenn and TexAg like this.
  17. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Got another CRW box at People's Bank.
    Got a pretty nice 1958D wheat yesterday.
    Still plugging away at it.

MommaHenn likes this.
  18. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Nice on both FF! Is the Leaky Bucket only found on Philly coins? I've never found one here where we get mostly Denver coins.

MommaHenn likes this.
  19. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

Just finished a very interesting nickel box. Found a 1940, 1941d, 1946d, and 1948d. Also found an 09D (and still, the 09P eludes me).

But the best part was finding three buffalo nickels. One was dateless, one was a 1927 with the last three digits visible, and the third was a nice VF 1937. I've been averaging a single buffalo for every three boxes searched so finding three in a single box is very unusual. Either it was nice random occurrence or perhaps a result of the GACH. There is sometimes a date on the boxes but this one didn't have one so I have no way of knowing if this box was assembled before April or after.

MommaHenn and berto like this.
  20. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure. It’s just a die chip so it could theoretically happen on any coin.

TexAg likes this.
  21. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Just wondered since most of the error coins are from Philly where the dies are allowed to get a bit long in the tooth.

Draft saved Draft deleted