Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@WildWest if we don't keep asking for halves we are guaranteed we will not find anything. If we keep asking for halves, then we will eventually find some halves worth keeping. I agree this hobby is not worth my time or gasoline, but it is only a hobby, and one of very few hobbies in my life that will repay a portion of the cost of the hobby.

Best of luck to you, and cheers!

Bambam8778 and WildWest like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

$30 CWR halves - skunk
    $100 BWR dimes - '61 roosie

Bambam8778 and TexAg like this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Just finished up $40 MWR nickels and $500 CWR quarters. Pulled out:
    2x Canadian 5c
    Crusty 43S War Nickel
    1996 Norway 10 Kroner
    UAE 1 Dirham
    2013-S Business Strike White Mountain. From what I can find, the mintage on these was only 1,606,900. Pretty low for a circulation find.
    20MAY19 2013S White Mountain Business Strike.jpg

Skyquest, davdo, berto and 4 others like this.
  5. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

5 more rolls to complete the penny box I will sell to the store tomorrow. Then I will dip into the "Fed" box I got at BBVA Compass.

6. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Back in town after 1-1/2 week visiting family in Houston. The traffic there is crazy. Anyway, today I will be picking up the boxes I missed last week, and getting new boxes that came in this week. So, total will around 10 boxes - yay! Also, a teller from a branch in the neighboring town called me last week to say he had some Ike’s for me.I will try to make it over there soon.

berto and Bambam8778 like this.
  7. Nick57

Nick57 Member

While looking for rolled coins, I found this 2005 Kansas proof die dent at a Jewelry store. 20190521_073555.jpg

Bambam8778 likes this.
  8. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

Nice lil quick hit at the CU. While grabbing what they had, (one CWR halves which contained a '66) another customer came to cash in loose halves that their machine doesn't accept. I could hear them hitting the counter. So I hung out and purchased $29 loose and scored another 5 40%ers.
    20190521_133518.jpg

9. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Way to be alert!

Darchangel likes this.
  10. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Okay, picked up 5 Loomis half dollar boxes today to go along with the 3 I had leftover from 2 weeks ago. I’ll pick up another 5 or so boxes later this week. The first box was suspicious looking as it had been re-taped shut. Sure enough it was full of CWRs. :hungover: I checked s few rolls, all clad. I will go through it looking at all dates in case they missed a 1974-DDO or an NIFC. ;)
    Three of the other boxes had no enders, but one had 5 enders, whoopee! Being the ANALytic sort that I am, will search them all in the order I picked them up, so it could take awhile before I get to the 5 Ender Box, lol. That one I will search with the wife who likes finding silver!

Darchangel, berto and Bambam8778 like this.
  11. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I scoured 4 banks and found $330 in mwr halves and $1.50 loose halves...Absolutely nothing of note :depressed:

12. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Just found my first 2019 ANYTHING! A 2019D penny in decent condition with bag rash. First roll from the BBVA Compass box.

13. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

What would be the best to search a box of nickles dimes or same face in pennies

14. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Today I went to my second bank for the week to pick up my four boxes, The branch manager informed me she had 5 extra boxes, that put a smile on me face, of course I purchased them. Out of 9 boxes today I pulled silver from three of them, 1-64D, 1-65, 1-67, and 1-68. Plus a 1987D NIFC. Not the greatest score of silver, just glad I got something. I will say it is a bit exhausting searching 9 boxes in one sitting, specially when silver in not in plenty. Wishing you all the best of luck on your searching.
    May 22 2019 Finds-ccfopt.jpg

15. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member

Hunted a penny box today. 18 wheats and 4 Canadians (1 young head). The oldest of the box were a 1934 and a 1939.
    1934 & 1939 wheats.jpg

16. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Depends on what you're looking for.

17. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I can't speak for "nickles"....but "nickels" usually have some fun stuff.

18. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

just what ever had the best chance of something interesting i have searched pennies before but never found much. maybe ill try nickels

19. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member

I like nickels because of the variety of potential finds. You can score V-nickels, buffalos, and war nickels, maybe even find a shield nickel. Plus there are lots of key dates and semi-keys to look for.

lucky43113 likes this.
  20. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

thanksill pick up a box and report back. Is there a cheat sheet for key and semi key dates

21. berto

berto Well-Known Member

1 bank tonight had $7 in loose halves. Nothing of note in them.

Draft saved Draft deleted