Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

It has been plated after leaving the mint

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Either plated or just doesn't show.

4. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I still need a 64D. Looks like your way luckier then i

jonathan layne and TexAg like this.
  5. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Sold my box of pennies to the store today.
    I have another complete box but still am going to get another.
    Maybe Cleveland or Livingston where there are major name banks.

6. WildWest

WildWest Obsessive Compulsive Disarry

Searched $650 worth of halves today. $400 from one credit union and $250 from a completely different one. Absolutely zero silver. Yay me!

7. jonathan layne

jonathan layne Well-Known Member

picked up $100 in quarters hoping to find something worth keeping. i found a 2003 nickel in roll 3 and in roll 9 i found a 1961-D quarter

immytay1, halvessearcher and NOS like this.
  8. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member

Tried a new bank today. 3rd roll paid out an 1880 IHP. The rim has lots of recent damage, but can't complain, it's my oldest CRH find.

Attached Files:

-jeffB, halvessearcher, TexAg and 2 others like this.
  9. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I had planned to search half dollar boxes while on my out of state business trip last week. Unfortunately, my hotel was all the way across town from the bank that told me they had 6 unopened boxes someone else had ordered and failed to pickup. I had no rental car, so no way to pickup or redeposit the coins, bummer. If anyone here is from Omaha PM me and I’ll tell you where the unopened boxes are waiting for you :happy:

Meanwhile back at the ranch...Tonight 1 bank had $130 in CWR halves (smelled like someone’s dump), and another bank had $70 in MWR halves. The CWRs held nothing, and the MWRs held 1 impaired proof and 2 NIFC.

I’ll keep at it despite the spring weather means my house exterior to-do list is calling.:rolleyes:

TexAg likes this.
  10. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

Hallo, been awhile....

Anyways, went thru $350 BWR quarters yesterday. It's clad, but I held onto this. quarterproof.jpg

-jeffB and calishield like this.
  11. Relic Raker

Relic Raker Well-Known Member

My last penny box...
    2 Canadians (including a 1963 "young head")
    1 Malaysian 10 sen coin
    7 wheats, all 1942–1952 Philadelphia
    2 later wheats, both 1957 Denver
    2 "Formative Years" 2009s
    and of course the 1880 IHP.

berto likes this.
  12. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

My first 2 full boxes and 1 partial box yielded:
    Box #1 ($500): No silver, 4 Proofs & 6 other NIFCs.
    Box #2 ($500): No silver, 1 x 1974-D DDO, 4 Proofs, 2 x 1987-D, & 5 other NIFCs
    Box #3 ($380): 7 x 40%ers, 1 x 1974-D DDO, 1 Proof, & 15 other NIFCs
    Picked up my 4th box earlier today, will post results later. HH!

3 Box Results - Box 1.jpg 3 Box Results - Box 2.jpg 3 Box Results - Box 3.jpg

Arby, Heathster, Mernskeeter and 4 others like this.
  13. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

$250 BWR quarters - clad '10-S Grand Canyon

14. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Of 4 banks tonight 2 had halves. 1 of them had $100 in MWRs, and the other $400 in MWRs. I’ve searched $300 worth and found nothing. I’m not excited about searching the remaining $200. I need some luck!

On the bright side, a coin counting machine at 1 of the banks that didn’t have halves had a handful of coins in the reject tray...$3.26 in US, and two small (literally) foreign coins! 0DA9DB1D-9310-4019-88D6-628DBFE71982.jpeg

-jeffB, Heathster and Mernskeeter like this.
  15. WildWest

Anyone know the record for most halves searched without finding any silver? I’m pretty sure I will break the record;)

Seriously though...this is getting ridiculous. Texas is not treating me well.

16. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Last year, a member reported a half dollar skunk streak of 72 boxes!

17. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

I got a CWR box at People's Bank in our town.
    I made a mistake and asked Trish if she wanted pennies later this week. She said Friday would be nice. Fortunately it's doable.

18. WildWest

I’m fairly new to coin roll hunting and would like to know what the 1987 and NIFC half’s are worth. Also the 1974 DD’s? Seems like a lot of work to search for these if they’re not really worth much more than face.

19. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Check eBay sold auctions for realistic sale prices. Bear in mind eBay/PayPal charge total fees of about 14%.

20. WildWest

Yeah...don’t think ruining my old eyes anymore than they already are is worth it to gain a quarter or two.

21. WildWest

Well..another $140 in Half’s and nothing to show for it.

On a positive note...found a new bank and teller who let me buy the half’s even though I don’t have an account with them....says they order half’s every week just to have them for customers. Said come in anytime and she’d be glad to help me out. Also I opened an account at a credit union that has zero issue with me dumping coins there at their no fee coin counting machine. Told them I have a LOT of coins and I’d be in weekly. Unloaded $1,000 in half’s on them right away and they smiled and said see you soon!

masterswimmer and berto like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted