Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Got a box of pennies to go through, my 24th box and in the first roll I can't believe this was in there. 1871 Indian head penny, looks like it's G06.
    20190302_102706.jpg 20190302_102718.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Dang, good going!

softmentor and -jeffB like this.
  4. Scubalou

Scubalou Well-Known Member

Wow, what a great find. You must have been in shock.

5. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Yes I was in shock. Had to check it several times. Could not believe it. :)

6. charcole64

charcole64 Member

Found 1919 wheat back had granddaughter, take pics, but shouldn't be but looks like initials on back. Probably just marks but I'll share anyway 2019030395230738.jpg 2019030395225657.jpg

Attached Files:

NOS and tmeyer like this.
  7. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

didn't see anyone else reply on this one. No, just got hit by another coin.

8. softmentor

you are fortunate to find so many. I have seen 7 in all my searching and only one all last year. It has a lot to do with where you are. Most of the original release of the 74-d ddo were in a few cities and even though a few have traveled to regions beyond, you will still have better luck where the were first distributed.

9. softmentor

HUGE FIND Congrats!!!!!!!!

tmeyer likes this.
  10. Chimmychanga

Chimmychanga Member

Well been putting it off too long I got a box of pennies ive been sitting on looks like ill have to hunt them tonight

11. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Yesterday I stopped by to see my favorite vault teller who now manages a bank branch. She had great news for me...She said she called the coin vault (aka courier) and they have about 1500 large dollar coins. She asked how many I would like, and I said “all of them, please!”. She laughed and said she would order them this week (Friday). She’s great :)

Relationships with your tellers matter: She was very excited to tell me she and her husband will become US citizens the end of March. I told her I was happy for her, and encouraged her to celebrate after the swearing-in ceremony. She truly appreciated my enthusiasm.

This is how friendly relationships are maintained.

HH to all this week!

12. Brina

Brina Well-Known Member

New find 2017P Rosey dime with tiny die chips on the fasces here.

Attached Files:

13. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Great going Berto, I hope you find some good ones!

halvessearcher, berto and tmeyer like this.
  14. GenX Enthusiast

GenX Enthusiast Forensic grammatician

That 99' Lincoln is one Cool coin, I haven't found any like that yet. I have kept many that are only nifty to me;)

15. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

went to the bank today, asked half dollars, got 1 1990 Kennedy and a real nice 1864 Greek coin

16. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Got a new 'Fed' box at the People's Bank in our town.
    A couple of real clean wheats (all 50s).
    Got 6 rolls of pennies at our bank for replacement of copper and nice shield pennies for end of stacks.

tmeyer likes this.
  17. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

Cent Box #18 yielded a few nice results! Only 9 wheaties and 2 canadians. But one of the wheats was a 1920. This is the second oldest I've found CRH'ing. (The oldest being a 1918). The other nice find was a beautiful AU 1956D. Still has almost all of its original mint luster with just the slightest trace of wear on the highest points of the wheat stalk kernels. If I was to take a guess, it'd grade AU-58. Neither are of any great value but still fun finds!

18. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Cool, pictures please!

19. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

After 3 silver skunk boxes (1 Brinks, 2 Loomis), my next box (Loomis) gave up:
    1964-D
    1974-D DDO
    5 x 2002+ NIFCs

Pics of the silver & DDO below. Picking up 4 more boxes tomorrow and Friday, hoping for better silver results.

49460DD2-FC9F-427E-BF3B-71C7EB901FD4.jpeg 7A39CC2C-DBEB-40C6-95E7-FC0859B912EF.jpeg

20. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I checked a box last night and got a bunch of nothing, just a lot of old wore out halves, one with some sticker on it. My hands were black after checking the box it was kind of gross

Scubalou likes this.
  21. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Thats like landing a whale

Scubalou likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted