Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Ever found anything worthwhile? It seems i will be opening them anyway, so hopefully i find something cool :).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Not really. But the hassle of selling them for not much over face really isn't worth it so I figure I might as well search em :p

4. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

One bad arse 1981 out of 5 rolls today.
    A few lesser earlier dates. No wheat today.

5. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I picked up about $1100 worth of prez and Sac dollar coins over a year ago and am still sitting in about $900 worth...Small profit margin is the problem, and I can’t bear to see them go into circulation. Guess I’ll sit on them awhile longer.

I picked up $50 in mwr halves from 1 bank tonight and found zilch.

6. Vince11229

Vince11229 Well-Known Member

No haven’t found any silver halves in any of about 30 boxes or bags ordered from banks around here. As a matter of fact the only silver I found was from a bag where all the rolls were slit on the side so I knew a silver hunter had at it already but I took them anyway. They missed a 1952 George Washington Carver half. I feel like I’m looking through the same stuff. The only thing found recently was more a curiosity than anything- a two-tailed magicians coin that I posted previously. Still have 4 boxes of halves to hit and if nothing I’ll switch back to nickels I guess.

ace71499 and TexAg like this.
  7. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Are you dumping at a different bank?

8. My2Cents78

My2Cents78 New Member

You cant see this?

Attached Files:

9. Alwayschooselove1

Alwayschooselove1 New Member

Look what I found! WHEAT pennies galore! :) The other day I posted in another thread I found in our basement some old leather grooming bags full of old pennies. The previous owner must have left them. 95% of them are wheat pennies. Take a look? Any worth anything you think? I'm overwhelmed with this find. So exciting as I'm fairly new to this.

10. Vince11229

Yes. I never dump where I get my coins. I’m not sure if the banks deal with each other interbank, but it would not surprise me if Loomis, Dunbar etc used the same money center to obtain or dump their inventory. I just went thru a box that had large quantity of disfigured bicentennial halves. I want to see if in a few months they cycle thru and I get them again.:shifty:

11. Alwayschooselove1

Alwayschooselove1 New Member

I posted this here on accident. My apologies.

12. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@Vince11229 sounds like it’s time to move away from boxes and bags of halves in your area. Last week a nice teller at the bank where I was previously ordering boxes of halves offered to place an order for me. Despite the fact I wanted to say yes, I graciously declined because boxes of halves in my area stink.

Vince11229 likes this.
  13. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Nope first pic is md. If you visually remove the doubling the letters appear smaller than normal. True doubling adds to the devices. The other pic appears to be struck from a worn die.

14. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Picked up my last half dollar box of the week today and I managed to end my 4 box skunk streak by finding a lone 1967. Decided to take up the banjo and will order one next week. Will be trying to reduce my urge to search boxes a bit so I can learn the banjo, lol! Besides, I'm starting to say, "There's no more silver in the world!" to my wife again. :hungover:

berto, Vince11229 and furryfrog02 like this.
  15. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

I was able to pickup 2 boxes from my backup bank, I found 3 pieces of silver in the first box and skunked on the second one. I pulled 1-42, and 1-43 Walker and a 67. Glad to see I got something for the week. Wishing you all the best.

Feb 22 2019 Finds-ccfopt.jpg

immytay1, AllCoExpat, berto and 5 others like this.
  16. Vince11229

It was getting late but I spoiled a shutout with a 2013-d which filled a spot...:). hooray!! image.jpg

berto likes this.
  17. Vince11229

Hi berto, well it’s good to know it’s not just my area but yes. I Agree. I stayed away from halves for over a month. After these last boxes it’ll be time to give it a rest. But Next time I travel out of the area I’ll try some different branches.

berto likes this.
  18. SlipperySocks

SlipperySocks Well-Known Member

20190219_211423.jpg Got notice I was cut off from half boxes again from the bank so I am switching over to Quarter's and Nickel's. This was my last box. 6-40%. 2 AT. 8 Imp Proofs. Curiously the '68 in the top RH of picture does not look silver at all in hand. Looks CuNi.

Arby, Vince11229 and berto like this.
  19. SlipperySocks

Quick flea market stop got me these tubes for $.50 ea. I also got a '57S '41S and 1898 V Nickel back in change!
    20190223_210946-1.jpg $280.00 in CWR Quarters. 20190223_191300-1.jpg

20. SlipperySocks

Almost forgot I got this set along with 3 more '79P&D and 3 more '80P&D raw in BU. All for FV! LOL. All I need now is the '99's 20190223_212416.jpg

21. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Nice! I have yet to find a 1981-D in the wild, let alone BU.

Draft saved Draft deleted