Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@TexAg heal well! I’ve been recovering from abdominal surgery since Tuesday. The best parts have been searching a few rolls and catching up on cataloging recent additions to my coin collection! 7B726D08-351B-4285-953B-18451752C7BD.jpeg

Skyquest, SlipperySocks, Arby and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Do yourself a favor and buy a flat clinch stapler (if that one isn't already). And if it isn't, get a pair of pliers and flatten all the staples on every 2x2. I have lots of coins with scratches from staples in the case in front of them.

berto and TexAg like this.
  4. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

I do the same thing, that is flatten the staples on my 2x2s so they will fit better in the storage boxes and keep from scratching up my coins. BTW, I have been looking for a "flat clinch stapler" (didn't know what they were called, lol) but can't find one.

5. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Thanks @berto, I hope you are healing as well! Meanwhile, looks like you have a nice setup there.

berto likes this.
  6. Seattlite86

I use one similar to this. Max Vaimo HD-11FLK Flat Clinch Stapler with 3 Boxes Staples (35 Sheets) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y1CBVKT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qBEvCbCVA4EA1

It’s small and simple and saves me a lot of time and worry.

-jeffB likes this.
  7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I bought mine from Wizard Coin Supply. It looks like Amazon sells them too. (Edit: as @Seattlite86 posted while I was typing!)

Seattlite86 likes this.
  8. jonathan layne

jonathan layne Well-Known Member

WOW, how did you get all of those

9. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that I love pics like this and it makes me feel less guilty that I accumulate for a while and THEN I decide that I need to catalogue!

berto likes this.
  10. NathanD

NathanD Cherrypicker

3 boxes searched. Found all the ones in flips and the slab i got a great deal on for $20

Attached Files:

Bambam8778 likes this.
  11. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I have successfully placed a couple orders for Ikes with one of my local banks. I sold the first ~1200 without checking for varieties, so I decided to hold on to the ~800. I’ll eventually get around to checking them. Meanwhile, they’re like a zero interest savings account, which is fine with me :)

12. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I’ve been using pliers, which work well. I lived it up today
    and ordered the stapler in your link, thanks for the tip!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  13. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Searched 2 boxes that each had 1 ender showing, so I had my hopes up for more. In both cases the only silver in the box was the ender! At least they weren't skunks. I have 2 more boxes to search (no enders showing :eek:), then I will be on a hiatus due to surgery next week.

furryfrog02 and berto like this.
  14. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Pictured are the 82P no FG halves I have found while roll searching. I admit my wife brought home the roll that contained 5 of them. This was one of the few times she asked for halves at a bank...Her luck is far better than mine!
    3CFFBFCF-80DD-4350-93BE-CAC2343D2CB4.jpeg A9EF6A72-4C2B-4700-81EF-BB788EE2F6C6.jpeg
    The coin in the middle has light rolling machine rash. Of course, it’s a coin I found :happy:

15. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Wow, and all in such nice condition!

berto likes this.
  16. Jasanche

Jasanche Member

Good evening folks,

Long-time reader, not a frequent poster, but today, oh man, today I had the best time:

20190202_110927.jpg

20190202_111729.jpg
    Two boxes had just about everything!
    20190202_223650.jpg
    20190202_223630.jpg
    20190202_223739.jpg
    20190202_223608.jpg
    1 walking
    3 benjamin
    5-1964
    4-1965
    10-1966
    26-1967
    22-1968
    7-1969
    1-1970 (my first ever)
    1 gold-plated (really rough condition, though)
    1 magician's coin (1971 mexico 20 centavos)
    8 proofs (not pictured)
    about 14 NIFC
    1-1994 with extra material in the face (see photo)
    and about 20 in such a good condition that I'm going to use them to replace the ones in my books.

This was amazing and the best ever find for me.

Wishing you all the best of luck.
    John.

17. Bambam8778

That is pretty cool! Glad you had such a great box!

Jasanche likes this.
  18. Jasanche

Jasanche Member

Thanks! My better half kept checking on me because I kept making weird sounds! See, this is the best I've ever done.

berto and Bambam8778 like this.
  19. Bambam8778

You had an awesome find! I can’t even get halves to search! Thanks for the photos!

20. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

My local banks don't really mess with halves or dollar coins.
    My finances don't allow anything more than pennies.
    I generally have a tube marked 81-82, one marked 80 and several marked other.
    At this point if I can see a blemish, scratch or ding the coin leaves. Full deep reverse is what I'm looking for.
    Full reverse but not deep stay around too.
    Worn reverse back to the wild.
    I have a stack of 69-73 that I'm going to try and flatten.

21. Seattlite86

As in go through, or are you destroying them?

What do you look for besides nicely graded coins when you search cents? Do you search for varieties?

Draft saved Draft deleted