Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. berto

berto Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

SlipperySocks likes this.
  4. jonathan layne

jonathan layne Well-Known Member

can i see it. i love ikes

berto likes this.
  5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Did $100 worth of dimes today. Pulled a lone 54S. Still happy because it is a hole filler for my circulated Roosies.

Mr. Flute and TexAg like this.
  6. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

You'll get over that! Persistence pays off!

jonathan layne likes this.
  7. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Guys this is very exciting. I need you all to pray to the silver gods for me. I have picked up a box of halves!!! Hoping for any and all silver :) wish me luck.

8. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

The lady at my local bank has been bugging me for 4 or 5 months to pick up a Box of halves they had left over from local Fireman's field days last Aug. So I figured with this Cold weather I would get them to have something to do. Well The 10 year old grandson had school closed today so we started going through them with no expectations at all. Had a lot of duds last few years and I pretty much stopped hunting. His first roll I said double check for ones that do not look like the others. Like this sure enough a 67, Long story long, 3 67's a 68 D and a 66. And 80% of the rest were UNC 1995's P's
    He had fun, He asked if we could go buy more LOL

berto, TexAg, Ron Henry and 1 other person like this.
  9. jonathan layne

jonathan layne Well-Known Member

oh great silver gods, depart your lucky spirit unto ace71499's box of halves. i will be making an herbal sacrifice tonight in return for the favor of you oh great silver gods

ace71499, abuckmaster147 and Jasanche like this.
  10. abuckmaster147

11. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

My last 3.9 equivalent boxes of halves (all Loomis) were devoid of silver. I did find 2 x 1974-D DDO in the last box, but they both had "ring around the collar" (damage from roll wrapping machine). My favorite teller did sell me a lone 40%er the other day so that was good. But, my silver streak has definitely come to an end. January was an awesome month with 265 silver halves (47 of them 90%ers). I have a couple of more boxes to pick up in the next few days, and then I will cut off the box orders temporarily. I have carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel surgery scheduled next week and then will follow with surgery on the other arm a few weeks later. Too many years of keyboarding at my job. My hands and wrists have been bugging me a lot lately, so it's time to get them fixed. Gee, I hope all the CRH I've been doing and then posting about it on CT hasn't been a contributing factor!

berto, Ron Henry and abuckmaster147 like this.
  12. abuckmaster147

I had both hands wrists done with the full open method. And had my elbow done around 2000, I was approved for the right elbow as well I said no Way hoozay !!!!
    That Hurt, Hands must have to much scar tissue built up cause I think they need to be done again.

TexAg likes this.
  13. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Uh oh! Now you’ve got me worried!

14. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

My last 20 boxes of halves have been skunks. I picked up 3 boxes of halves 2 weeks ago and every single coin had a K on it. Just bought a box this week hoping to find my first silver in over 2 months.

15. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

I have not completely given up on 69-73 but you have given me food for thought. I generally have been using leather to distribute the load. Over a heavy work bench.
    Got a 63 Canadian yesterday.

16. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding woooo hooooo!!
    $184.50 in halves from my regular pick up bank
    5 walkers
    17 Ben
    26 JFK 64
    18 40%
    WOW WHEEEE
    gona be tough to beat that one, but you know I'm gonna try. Great start on the new year!
    (sorry didn't get a pic before I sold most of this)

Arby, Dougmeister, Ron Henry and 2 others like this.
  17. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Picked up 4 boxes today. The first was a skunk & 4 NIFCs. The second had a lone ender, the wife and I found 8 x 40%ers. Both boxes were Loomis from the same branch. I turned down a $480 partial box from the same branch. I think I will buy the partial box Monday in case it’s related to the 8 silver box today. The other 2 boxes I bought today will be searched tomorrow. Each had an ender which is a good sign.

CD13DE0D-8422-463A-A39D-D5696F3F32CF.jpeg

Arby, Ron Henry and berto like this.
  18. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Continuing with my study to determine if my dump bank coin counting machines are accurate, I just tested my 7th branch. I will continue the study until all 8 branch machines have been checked with known quantities of halves. So far so good:
    Branch 1 - $300.00 my count vs. $300.00 machine's count
    Branch 2 - $540.00 my count vs. $540.00 machine’s count
    Branch 3 - $600.00 my count vs. $600.00 machine’s count
    Branch 4 - $300.00 my count vs. $300.00 machine's count
    Branch 5 - $600.00 my count vs. $600.01 machine's count
    Branch 6 - $450.00 my count vs. $451.00 machine's count
    Branch 7 - $450.00 my count vs. $450.00 machine's count

The teller at Branch 5 said there must have been a penny in the machine that was counted when my coins were put in. No biggie. At Branch 6, I debated correcting the teller and giving her back the $1.00 overage. But then I figured it was too small an error and not worth the risk that the bank will treat it like a complaint that their machines are inaccurate, and remove them! Plus, I figure in the long run things will even out. Like maybe turning in a few mangled or stickered coins that don't get counted. Overall, I have to say I am pleased that the machine counts are pretty dang accurate.

Ron Henry and berto like this.
  19. berto

berto Well-Known Member

This week I finally cashed-in coins I had found the last few years while metal detecting. I had washed all the coins in a sink of soapy water, but no matter how hard I scrubbed the coins still weren’t clean. I felt a bit guilty, but the coin counting machine at my cu accepted all of the coins except for 1 bent zincoln and 1 corroded dime, which I threw in the trash. I was lazy and didn’t remove the Canadian coins before I dumped my bag into the counter. Of course, the machine rejected the Canadian coins, which saved me the trouble of separating them out before-hand.

$46.71 total :)

I then used the cash to buy all the halves the cu had, which was $50 in mwrs...no keepers, but I still felt like a winner!

TexAg likes this.
  20. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@jonathan layne here is a photo of the recent Ike, as well as the 800 or so I’ve stashed for future variety hunting. I have my work cut out for me! 96B15387-F42E-4FF2-905D-415954F76426.jpeg

21. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

This represents searching approximately 20,000 quarters. That’s one silver quarter per 100 rolls.
    EFCA77BD-C308-451B-9353-37432634472D.jpeg
    This represents searching approximately 20,000 dimes. That’s one silver dime per 16 rolls.
    407C831A-BD23-4921-8808-A63B521922A6.jpeg
    I also bill hunt when the opportunity arises.
    D794FCD4-0F14-4B32-AE8F-30E9FE85E4EA.jpeg

berto, calishield and Ron Henry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted