Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

I took the Thanksgiving/Christmas time off from roll hunting but jumped back in earnest once the new year rolled around. The first three cent boxes have all been pure 2018D rolls. I've searched them for clips and blanks but no luck. I don't include them in my ongoing totals and result percentages.

But the first box of nickels (#21 overall) for 2019 yielded some nice results.

WWII-AG: 43P, 43S (the first one of that date/mint found)
    CuNi: 39, 40(x2), 40d, 41, 42, 7 more from the late 40's, and 9 from the 50's.
    Also found:
    1961 impaired proof (my second proof from the 60's)
    2009d(x3) -- and still the 09p is extinct for me!

This better than average box brought my "keeper" percent up to 1.07% or approximately 1 coin out of every 2 rolls.

Ron Henry and berto like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Here is a nice way to start off a new page. Jbuck thank you for the Good Luck and my second four boxes for this week no skunks, I pulled 15 pieces of silver, 2-90%ers, 13-40%ers, Also a 1988 50 Escudos from Portuguesa. I like coins with ships on them, I enjoyed this foreign coin. I also pulled a Attach on Pearl Harbor Coin, Here is the silver 2-64D, 1-65, 1-66, 6-67, 3-68, and 2-69's. Silver is flowing, lets see what tomorrow brings.

Me So Happy![​IMG]

Jan 16 2019 Finds-ccfopt.jpg 20190116_160955-ccfopt.jpg 20190116_161015-ccfopt.jpg 20190116_163151-ccfopt.jpg

4. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

I got a CWR box today. First roll was all junk copper.
    But subsequent rolls did better. One 1947 Wheat.
    Several 77-82 with nice deep reverse.

5. davidharmier60firefox

Oh and in one of the last rolls from the last box gave another of those shiny flat area I think 2015 but I'm not in there right now.

6. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I stopped at a credit union near my doc’s office after an appointment this morning. I asked the teller if they had any halves and she asked how much I wanted. I told her hundreds of dollars worth if they had them. She asked how many hundred. I told her $200, which is the cash I had on me. She returned from the vault with $200 in mwrs.

I looked through them tonight and found a ‘67 and a ‘69, so me thinks I’ll go back tomorrow and buy whatever remains in their vault! C812965F-C951-4D93-B9AD-9FC226535866.jpeg 1576B37B-2799-445C-AFE1-A62A966B90B6.jpeg
    These may be the initial signs of Christmas silver showing in my area...Time will tell.

7. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Opened the second box (Looms yellow wrappers) with 3 enders with the wife last night. Had another good box with 17 silvers:

1 x 64-D
    4 x 66
    4 x 67
    5 x 68-D
    3 x 69-D
    1 x 1921 British Penny (Specs: 31 mm diameter, 1.64 mm thick compared to 30.61 mm, 2.15 mm for a Kennedy)

I bought 2 more Loomis boxes with gold wrappers and found 1 ender in each, will search the rolls today. Could be my silver streak is slowing down. :nailbiting:

3 Ender Box.jpg 3 Ender 17 Silver Box.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  8. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@TexAg you are rocking the boxes of halves no matter how you measure it, congrats!

bhh and TexAg like this.
  9. davidharmier60firefox

I went to our bank and got $5 in pennies to get some zinc to replace the copper I take out. On of those rolls gave some REALLY nice 79-82 copper! A deep clean reverse is a wonderful thing!

10. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Opened both of the 1 ender Loomis boxes today. First box had a total of 2 x 40%ers. Second box the same, interestingly both were in 1 roll. What are the odds of that? Hope the Christmas silver isn't drying up yet. :nailbiting: Will pick up a few more boxes (I hope) tomorrow. Also will try for some more small dollar rolls to find that last coin for my Dansco P&D Presidential album, the elusive Philly Nixon. :rolleyes:

2 Boxes of 1 Enders.jpg

bhh, Bambam8778, berto and 1 other person like this.
  11. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

I went to my bank today and made a dump, anytime before I dump my halves I always check the coin return, today I found a 1999 S Silver New Jersey Quarter, its a bit beat up awesome score. Then I went and picked up my last four boxes for this week, only two boxes are skunks, some of the silver I found had a coin I marked last year in August. Its always nice to score silver in a box with coins I have seen before. I pulled 2-90%ers and 19-40%ers. 1-52 Bennie, 1-54D Bennie, not sure what someone was trying to do to that half, 3-65, 2-66, 6-67, 5-68, and 3-69's, another nice week with 36 pieces of silver. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend, may you all be blessed with what you are looking for while CRH!!
    Jan 17 2019 Finds-ccfopt.jpg

bhh, immytay1, Bambam8778 and 6 others like this.
  12. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Nice score Arby, that silver quarter is awesome!

Arby likes this.
  13. davidharmier60firefox

Bumps.jpg I have a couple of pennies with a 'bump' under the memorial.
    Is this a die problem? I'll try to come back with a pick
    A little right of center on the left one and center and larger on the right

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  14. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Tonight I stopped at the cu I mentioned in my last post and bought all the halves they had, which was $20 in cwrs and $120 in mwrs. Then I stopped at 2 other banks and bought $20 in cwr halves, which was all they had.
    The cwrs held junk except for 1, 64D
    The mwrs held a couple oddities and a couple NIFC.

I’m satisfied!
    DE2488DC-E181-47B3-9938-0E5C25135ECF.jpeg

15. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

Thanks. That makes as much sense as anything else I've been able to come up with.

I've been lucky to build decent relationships with the main "keepers of the coin vault" at two of my local CU branches. They generally like to see me coming because I'll clean out their customer wrapped rolls no questions asked and they don't end up having to bag and count them to send back to their delivery service.

berto likes this.
  16. berto

berto Well-Known Member

It is difficult for us to see in the photo, but I am guessing the "bumps" you see are a result of die chips.

17. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

when I dumped today, The bank manager informed me the other person who ordered didn't pick up, so I got two more boxes and I thought I would check my backup bank and they had two boxes, So I had 2 skunk boxes, I pulled 1-67 and 1-69S plus several NIFC and Clad proofs and 86 S Clad Immigrant half.
    Jan 18 2019 Finds-ccfopt.jpg

18. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Very glad to hear the good news! Cancer SUCKS!!!!!!!!

AllCoExpat and TexAg like this.
  19. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Thanks @Bambam8778 . Cancer can sure turn your life upside down.

davdo and Bambam8778 like this.
  20. Bambam8778

Found this minor rim cud searching a box of cents. In a 2X2 it goes!
    Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 5.15.43 PM.png

berto likes this.
  21. Bambam8778

......and another one.
    IMG_6844.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted