Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Dang! I just hope you don't live in my neck of the woods Noah, ha ha!

Noah Finney likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

Well I don't exactly hunt half dollars anymore............. So your ok..... But, there is someone round my place that I keep hearing about at my local banks.

TexAg likes this.
  4. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

Got a box over lunch. Got these two 1964s

4415313F-F124-49FA-B996-0D27EBA2DF54.jpeg

Arby, immytay1, berto and 1 other person like this.
  5. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Boss Lady asked today if I had anymore pennies. Can't really see where a whole box could have gone in less than 24 hours.
    Found one wheat today. 1944.

bhh likes this.
  6. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I could use one of them. You do findalot of coins we don't get in the states. Glad for you. Good hunting

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. berto

berto Well-Known Member

3 banks tonight had a total of $130 in MWR halves, $20 in CWR halves, and $1 loose...Nothing.

Blah

8. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

The last four boxes for this week all skunks, I did pick up 2-65 from a teller drawer plus two CWR that had 1-65, Which is nice cause it helped me hit 10 pieces of silver this week which is better than the four from last week. Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and even better weekend.

9. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

That's tough, but my experience is with MWR you usually get squat. I've gone through at least 40 boxes of LOOMIS MWR plus several loose LOOMIS rolls and ive gotten a grand total of 1 90% and about 10-12 40%. I've determined is not worth the effort. With CWR, however, I've had great success. In fact last month every roll I got (only 4 but still) seemed to be roughly 60% silver (40%) and I hit two teller trays that had 8-10 40% in them. Good Luck and God Speed

berto likes this.
  10. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Hey Folks, I'm in need of some help from some knowledgeable Lincoln Cent error/variety hunters. Long story short is I have a bunch of copper cents I need help sorting. If you fit that bill, please PM me.

11. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Picked up 94 dollars worth of halves at a bank. The loose 4 dollars had a 64 and 67 half (happy to find 90% silver).

The rolled 90 had nothing

berto and bhh like this.
  12. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Bought this box of halves just now. Never seen one all taped up like this. What do you think, already searched and re-wrapped rolls inside or legit MWRs? Will open letter today and let ya’ll know.

CACCAFDE-AA1A-45FD-A3DB-ED8412675F95.jpeg

NOS and Seattlite86 like this.
  13. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

I would guess rewrapped. I know I had a branch call another branch about 30 miles away one time and ask if they had any halves. They said they had a number of Loomis rolls so I went after them. When I got there almost all of them had VERY obviously been opened and resealed (poorly) I was quite disappointed.

sergeant likes this.
  14. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@TexAg the box looks like trouble to me. I’m curious to hear what you find inside.

sergeant likes this.
  15. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

A few more decent copper today. But so far this box has been uninspiring.

16. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

I haven’t searched the taped up Loomis box I posted earlier today, but I did open it and the Loomis rolls look like legitimate MWRs, yay! Looks like the box was dropped and busted open (a few of the rolls in a corner were partially busted open), and they had to tape it up. No enders, I’ll search the rolls tomorrow.
    The main reason for this post was to say that the last 3 boxes (all yellow NF String) were skunks in silver, skunk streak now at 6 boxes.:yack: They did yield a mess of BU 1993-D of which I sold 2 rolls to a local dealer for $18 each, and kept another 3 rolls for myself as he did not want anymore. I found 23 NIFCs including (6) 2018-D which were my first for that year. Also another 1974-D DDO and a 1987-D. Hoping for silver in this Loomis box!

39615483-5F2C-4B46-BCC9-FC6F65EBFA7F.jpeg

NOS, Arby, sergeant and 3 others like this.
  17. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I got 3 90%ers and 11 40%ers out of a box of halves from String and Sons box with holes in it. Crazy, I thought those never had silver. I usually get Loomis so I was surprised when I got one of those with silver.

18. berto

berto Well-Known Member

1 bank tonight had $13.50 in loose halves...Nada.

My luck is due to change (I hope)!

GL everyone

19. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

$3 in halves... nothing.

20. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Well-Known Member

I haven’t post in a couple of weeks, sorry. I’m in a skunk streak and just battling through it. All I’ve really found are some foreign coins, couple of 1964 50 centavos from the Philippines. No silver, ugg. Streak is at 40 boxes. Next week maybe will bring better results. Have a great weekend.

21. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Hang in there Sam, you've been through this before. I suspect silver is right around the corner, especially with the holidays coming up.

I'm working on small dollar coin albums to make up for the lack of silver lately around my town. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted