Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I just wanted to be post #40,000 :woot:
    (I believe the one before me was actually 39,999)... Or am I wrong :wacky:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

looks like yours is 40,001

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Yes, 40,000

and 40,001

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Bought a Loomis box of halves yesterday. Second to last roll produced the only silver, a 1976-S impaired proof - my first. I also found (9) 2002+ NIFCs. Interestingly, I've been finding a lot of 1974-D DDOs. The (2) in this box make (10) in the last week. I have found ~90 of these CRH.
    IMG_2921.jpg IMG_2923.jpg

AllCoExpat, Noah Finney, Arby and 2 others like this.
  6. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Well-Known Member

Only 12 boxes this week. One branch forgot to order. Ugg... boxes were weird no skunks but really random one had only 90s then one had all impaired proofs.

Anyway
    25-40% JFKs
    8-90% JFKs
    4-Franklins
    1-1996s Impaired Silver proof
    1-1970s
    1-1967 GB One Penny
    1-1947 French 5 Franc (aluminum) kind a cool find
    7–73s/92s Impaired proofs

I don’t usually look for 74 d ddo because I don’t know what to look for really
    Is this one? And if it is, what’s the give?

8.4 ounces of silver
    B987A6CA-15E3-47FE-BFAD-9A4BC5D4D18B.jpeg

7DC2E5A7-D4F2-44B8-AB09-C8B74B2C2933.jpeg

7. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Bambam8778 and berto like this.
  8. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Well-Known Member

TexAg likes this.
  9. Several years ago when I worked at a Radio Shack I picked up a roll of dimes and broke it open and dumped it in the drawer. Didn't even have to look, the sound of the roll being dumped told me it was all silver. It was an entire roll of silver Roosevelts. Someone had even put 53 in the roll so it would be the correct length against a new roll! I think a that time a silver dime was worth about $1.10, Needless to say I dropped a $5 in the drawer and scooped them all out and put them in my pocket. I ran down to the bank I had gotten that roll from that morning to get more. The teller told me she had cracked open a roll of silver quarters that morning. Didn't manage to score any more. Someones coin collection had probably been pilfered to make rolls.

ace71499, NOS and TexAg like this.
  10. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

Box of dimes. $3 in loose halves. This is it:

E579F320-D986-4D23-9A41-4753BDB76E54.jpeg

11. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Nothing earth shattering through 18 rolls in the current box.
    Most copper goes to the wild stacks. Two late 50s wheats so far. May need a new hunting ground.

12. afm1982

afm1982 Miami has the Dolphins...

So, I had that killer score last week from a branch I visit frequently. I stopped in again today for my weekly, and the teller had another $35 in halfs (all loose). Not as big as last week, and only 1x90% and 5x40%... this is not a complaint :)

The branch is hot!

Seattlite86 and TexAg like this.
  13. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Gotta suck up the lime light, don't ya! :playful:

paddyman98 likes this.
  14. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

My last four boxes for this week 3 skunks, I did manage to pull 2-67, 1-68 and 1-69, I also got some more NIFC, 2-07 P&D, 7-08 P&D, 5-10 P&D, 10-11 P&D's, Not a bad score by far. I learned today from me bank today of New Competition two other customers picked up boxes of half dollars today, one was there while I picked up. I hate seeing boxes leave the bank unless its me taking them out. LOL Sorry no Pics today.

15. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Picked up 2 Loomis boxes of halves today. Have only opened 1st box. Still finding odd stuff as in a 1946-D Booker T. Washington silver commemorative, my first. Also found a 1969-D and (5) 2002+ NIFCs.
    EB5028EA-B9C6-437C-8FA5-2F4D14AB9C7C.jpeg CD57EF8E-90D5-4ACD-BFF3-192A6DB8EC1C.jpeg

furryfrog02, immytay1, berto and 3 others like this.
  16. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Tough week role hunting. 4 boxes of skunks. Only got two 40%ers out of some CWR. Now I have to dump all these damn halves.

17. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

@Bman33 - Dumping halves is my least favorite part of the whole high volume CRH thing. I dumped ~4 boxes of rejected halves today at 3 different branches of my local bank (they have coin counting machines so I don't have to re-roll). I also delivered 5 sets of cookies to some of my favorite tellers and bought $410 of MWRs to be searched later. One teller who is also a collector but super friendly to me, said she was at their other branch the other day when a customer deposited a number of halves containing "some silver ones". She bought $5 worth and dumped the rest in their new coin counting machine which I already had dibs on when it gets full enough to sell. She's working at that branch Monday morning and said if I want to buy them I can. We'll see if she follows through and doesn't snipe them!

berto likes this.
  18. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

About $50 in halves from a couple stops... nothing.

19. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Yesterday I had no time for searching pennies.
    Today however I can do 18 rolls if I wish.
    Thinking about a different pick up bank.
    But not at all sure where that might be.

20. Kkraemer

Kkraemer New Member

Found a 1993 p the word states is touching and the left wing is a off? Im very new to coin hunting and was wondering if errors like this are worth keeping?

Attached Files:

21. Knightly

Knightly Well-Known Member

1915 wheat from a box.
    1915 cent - Copy.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted