Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Nice find on a Lincoln Cent. It's getting more difficult to find the 20's while coin roll hunting. Kuddos!

tmeyer likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. berto

berto Well-Known Member

1 box of halves yielded 1 NIFC and 1 silver plated ‘83D with a 1960 and 1980 counterstamp. The condition of the ‘83D was supreme, so I kept it despite the fact it’s likely worth only $1 :p

Dump day tomorrow, then I’ll be traveling for two weeks, so I won’t be searching boxes. I may hit a few banks for loose and CWR halves while I’m rattling around the west coast. I’ll report any finds here.

HH everyone!

4. nickelsorter2017

nickelsorter2017 Active Member

VF? on eBay that'd be AU! I never had much luck finding the better dates back in the 60s and 70s. I do remember finding a bunch of heavily worn 1919 p & s - I guess it's was because there was a veteran's retirement etc. facility nearby.

I'd search the cents boxes, but there are 2 other people at my CU getting them, according to a teller who likes me. At some point that might rock the boat, so I'll stick to one or two boxes of nickels per month.

5. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Just finished my first 8 boxes for this week, 1-67 and 1-69. Also pulled 2 Clad proofs 98, and 99. Off to make a dump and pick up me last four boxes for this week. Looks like I may not make my goal of ten this week. We will see what happens.

6. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Well-Known Member

good luck!

Arby likes this.
  7. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

I’ve found a few clad profs searching halves. I saved up several and sold them on eBay. But after shipping and fees I probably profited about 50 cents. I now have accumulated about half a dozen
    More. Probably will just throw them back.

8. berto

berto Well-Known Member

bhh, I keep all proofs I find no matter if they are pristine or impaired. I have a few rolls at this point. I plan to ultimately keep the best, throw them in a booklet, and sell the rest. If I make only $1, then I make only $1. The $1 will go toward a .999 ASE and I will feel my efforts were worthwhile :)

HH

tmeyer, bhh, TexAg and 1 other person like this.
  9. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Okay finished my last four boxes for this week, 3 skunks, still pulled 2-64 one of each, 1-65, and 1-68-Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, also best of luck on your searches.

TexAg and berto like this.
  10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Wow. Your killing it. Great job. You must have huge muscles

11. Cheech9712

Let me atom. Will pull hunks of hair out. lol

furryfrog02 likes this.
  12. Cheech9712

Buffalo nickels are great to find. Wouldn't it be nice if they were silver.

13. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

14. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

5 boxes this week. This is all:

4191AF95-2291-4841-AED2-467CD075B0C0.jpeg

15. ALPHATHEAWESOME

ALPHATHEAWESOME Active Member

Got 4 boxes of dimes in from my honey hole BOA. They did not disappoint. First box had two silvers, second had a 1963-D ender and a 1968 50% silver Canadian dime (my first silver Canadian from CRH), third box had 5 silver dimes which is my third best box to date, and the last box was a skunk but that’s all right. My second best dime box back in 2012 had 6 rosies and my best dime box ever (from 2011) had 5 mercs and 14 rosies for a total of 19 silver dimes out of one box.

E8312FA9-8953-40A3-B059-448ED0EBBBB8.jpeg 8C02192A-0A83-49F3-BE93-8740858FB453.jpeg 76CB90BD-E212-446C-993A-BB80CCD56195.jpeg

This is my best week of CRH on the year thus far. I searched 1 box of halves, $92 in customer wrapped/loose halves, and 10 boxes of dimes. Ended up finding 8x90% halves, 33x40% halves, 14x90% dimes, and 1x50% dime for a total of 56 silver coins this week.

D0A86CE4-EDE3-426B-AFBF-FB6B880D3CF5.jpeg

16. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

You really did have a great week! Congrats!!!

ALPHATHEAWESOME likes this.
  17. ALPHATHEAWESOME

ALPHATHEAWESOME Active Member

Thanks @Bambam8778 ! I appreciate it!

18. Ikw

Ikw Wild penny hunter

1960-d quarter, 1943-p war nickel, 1960-d nickel, and about 13 wheat pennies. image.jpg

Arby and Ron Henry like this.
  19. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

I like to put a shiny new penny at each end of the rolls I make up. I went by our bank after work yesterday to see if they had any. They didn't. Got 10 CWR. And almost all of them had 90-100% copper. A lot of it is ugly and going back to the wild.
    But now I have 4 or 5 nice rolls of 60s. And almost a complete roll of wheat. One of the wheats was a pretty grungy 1919D.

20. SlipperySocks

SlipperySocks Well-Known Member

Hey David, if I am following your posts right it seems you keep copper cents but only the nicer ones above a certain grade is that right? I have been a little confused about the numbers you put and what they mean sometimes. Do you mind explaining the system you use for cents?

21. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

I'm at the point where ANY blemish is too many.
    Wear is bothersome too.
    Road rash or really ugly copper gets rolled for possible melt some day. So I make up stacks of 5 to 10 copper pennies to go back in the wild.

But it has to be a very nice example to stick around.

Draft saved Draft deleted