Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Picked up my last four boxes for this week all skunks, The bright side is I asked the teller if she had any rolls of Halves, She said she had one plus three coins in her tray. Which was awesome, I got 2-40%ers 1-65 and 1-69, and the CWR had 7 more 40%ers, 1-66, 2-67 and 1-68, 3-69. Even though the boxes were skunks the Teller came through for me. Wishing you all the best, hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
    July 26 18  CWR Finds-ccfopt.jpg July 26 18 Teller Finds-ccfopt.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. porter the dog

porter the dog New Member

First box!

Attached Files:

4. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Sweet finds @porter the dog ! Unfortunately, you will now be hooked and will buy more and more boxes and open up more bank accounts to satisfy your new habit, lol! Seriously, though, welcome to CT!

berto and calishield like this.
  5. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Way to go Arby!

Arby likes this.
  6. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@porter the dog, your first box was awesome! Yep, you’re hooked. Good luck controlling the addiction. :)

calishield likes this.
  7. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Tonight I stopped and picked up another 200 Ikes from my favorite teller. This means I was able to get 700 of the 1000 Ikes the teller obtained from the coin vault. Another customer picked up the other 300. She told me she asked for more Ikes this week, but the vault doesn’t have any. She and I agreed the vault will likely have more in a few months, so she’ll check again sometime. I edge checked the 200 Ikes and no silver, but there appear to be a few MS coins, which I like. I’ll eventually get around to looking closer at all the coins.

I stopped at another bank and picked up the 2 boxes of halves I ordered last week. The head teller there told me she had an unclaimed box, but I didn’t have another $500 on me or in my account. Maybe I’ll stop there tomorrow and buy the box...

HH all!

8. BSCoinbank

BSCoinbank Member

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to best describe this 1959 Lincoln Penny. I see multiple errors on this coin. I would like to send it in for grading but I am not certain what description to give it. Thank you.

Attached Files:

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

well, since I see nothing, how about describing what you see as 'errors'.

enamel7 likes this.
  10. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Well-Known Member

Really good week, except for taking 12 hours to get home from Ohio on Wednesday, was stuck at Midway for 7.5 hours. And missed picking up my boxes on wednesday which was just enough time to let someone slide in and grab two of four boxes at one branch....arggg! So 14 instead of 16 Loomis boxes this week.

Lots of pictures.

Here goes:
    195-40% JKF
    22-90% JFK
    5-Franklins
    3-Walkers
    1-1935 UK Saudi silver
    7-Impaired Proofs
    1-87D
    1-‘43 Australia Penney
    3- UK Pennys (‘36, 2-‘63s)

Almost 40oz of silver.... no skunks, nine Enders.
    4C04A19D-5EE3-435A-BCF3-ADA981BA7772.jpeg
    8AF3C6DC-9C1D-4FE2-A696-2BE025117025.jpeg
    7F710DA5-A2C2-4D07-88D4-AC67949B6122.jpeg
    14D7754B-DB21-4DC3-8A23-5D836BB30221.jpeg

FDE5FB68-E1F9-46C1-AAF9-53E2991F8134.png
    Just a web picture of the UK Saudi silver coin.

11. berto

berto Well-Known Member

@Sam Carter, the Saudi coin is truly remarkable! Congrats on the ounces, too :woot:

calishield likes this.
  12. Sam Carter

Don’t know anything about Lincoln errors (or strike errors in general, I don’t look for them) but looks like Lincoln is crying. There are those that can tell you about errors, you should put it on error coins for help. Are you looking at the “O, C, E and N” on the reverse that looks like a double? I don’t see anything on the Obverse.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  13. BSCoinbank

BSCoinbank Member

14. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

I see absolutely nothing. Why would you want to send it in? You'll spend more money than it will ever be worth!

15. BSCoinbank

BSCoinbank Member

Thank you Mr. Carter:

I am new to this site. This was my very first time posting.

I am seeing errors in both the obverse and reverse. On the obverse I am seeing doubling in "God We Trust", and in the date "1959".

In particular, they are multiple number 5's above the number 5 in the date. There is also an error on the left-side Vase. I can post more pictures if it would help. My ultimate goal is to send it for grading but I want to be definitive in the description before sending it.

16. BSCoinbank

BSCoinbank Member

17. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

I see actually no doubling on this coin. No extra fives either. I'm afraid you're suffering from a bad case of pareidola!

18. BSCoinbank

BSCoinbank Member

Thanks Treashunt:
    I am new to the site and thought I uploaded four photo's of the 1959 Lincoln cent. I am seeing errors on the obverse and reverse of the coin. There appears to be an addition 5 above the date 1959. There is doubling alone Lincoln's mouth- possibly doubled-faced. I believe there is some doubling in "Liberty". On the Reverse- there is an error on the left hand side of the steps ( VAse) and rail. There is also doubling in " One Cent".

19. Sam Carter

the dog even looks excited!!

20. BSCoinbank

BSCoinbank Member

Thanks Sam, and tell Porter I said hello.
    Porter huh? Not sure if you're a movie-buff or not, but Porter was the name of the dog in Mel Gibson's movie, "Payback". I think he was a Boxer-pit bull mix.

As for the 1959 DDO and Reverse coin, I have set my USB Microscope to a lower lighting setting. I will upload additional photo's in the appropriate Forum. Many thanks to you and Porter for your feedback.

Roland

21. BSCoinbank

BSCoinbank Member

Oops! Should read "Lower light setting".

Draft saved Draft deleted