Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I hit a run of about three or four rolls of War nickels once! They were all black and grungy, but I'll take free silver any way I can get it!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

I am on a terrible dry streak! No teller tray finds in the last few weeks and I’m on an 8 box streak of dimes now with only 1 dirty, cruddy 1964. Highs and lows.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Ok, I gave up this site in frustration a couple of weeks ago...But like any true addict, no matter how much I want to quit, I can't. I have still been searching and besides a pretty good week for halves 2 weeks ago, haven't found much...
    I've searched $7500 in halves and found:
    24x90%ers (20x Franklins and 3x64 Kennedys,and a 2011S Silver Proof)
    20x40%ers including 6x today from a teller tray of 8 halves this morning.
    Total oz: 11.64
    04JUN Half Dollar Enders.JPG 04JUN Half Dollar Finds.jpg 16JUN Teller Tray.JPG

Noah Finney, Arby, Endeavor and 8 others like this.
  5. furryfrog02

Out of $175 in cents searched I've found about 12 wheats per box average. Oldest was a 1910.
    Also found a 2009P DDR-025
    2009 DDR25 Cent.jpg 2009 DDR25 Close2.jpg

Noah Finney, Arby, Endeavor and 3 others like this.
  6. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

I keep a loupe handy. I found a dry grungy wheat that SEEMED to be a 1914. But when it cleaned up it wasn't.
    Nothing much else to report.

7. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I also once found a grungy Wheat that seemed to be a 1914.

In fact, it was. In pretty nice shape, too.

Excitingly, there was a little "blip" under the date.

Got out my loupe and examined the blip.

It was just a speck of dirt.

But then I got to wondering what had made that speck of crud stick right there, of all places.

So I got a toothpick and some Vaseline and was able to remove the loose grime from the coin without affecting its original brown color.

This is what I found hiding underneath the crud.

Now to be fair, I was hunting a bulk Wheat cent lot that time, not a roll from circulation.

8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Picked up a box of nickels. Going to say half where rolled 2018p. Boy the place that wrapped them really trashed them. Do you think the coins rim is the cause of making Jefferson look like he was in a brick throwing war. Most of the coins look like Jefferson could use some serious stiches. I did manage to find a decent one

9. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Knew you wouldn't be gone long! Glad to see you're back and you found a good stash while you were away also! Nice find on the 2009 cent!

furryfrog02 likes this.
  10. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

Still going on nickels! Box #15 is in the can and it gave up a much better selection that the past few boxes.

1950's: 11
    Cu-Ni 1940's: 9
    Ag 1940's: 1 (1943P)
    1930's: 1 (a single 1939)

a 1924 Buffalo with date barely discernable

...and a 1978S impaired proof. This is the second proof nickel I've found in as many boxes and third overall.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  11. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

$100 CWR Nickels - 2 war nicks, both 44-P and 28 other coins date ranged from 39-59

$200 CWR Dimes: 64-D

IMG_1745.jpg IMG_1746.jpg

Arby, Endeavor, SlipperySocks and 4 others like this.
  12. Bambam8778

Nice little 1995 "P" reverse die crack. From the rim through the "A" in States into the middle of the memorial. It has a little garbage on it but it's a nice find! fullsizeoutput_c3a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c3b.jpeg

Endeavor and Ron Henry like this.
  13. Bambam8778

1983 "P" Reverse with multiple die cracks. Possible very early state of a die failure. fullsizeoutput_c41.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c43.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c44.jpeg fullsizeoutput_c45.jpeg

14. furryfrog02

8 boxes of halves were pretty light this week:
    1x90%er (64P)
    6x40%ers
    87D NIFC
    88S Proof
    18JUN Half Dollar Finds.JPG 18JUN Half Dollar Ender.JPG

Endeavor, TexAg, berto and 2 others like this.
  15. midtncoin

Good catch with the 87d. That's one NIFC that seems to escape me.

16. furryfrog02

I've pulled 10 this year. I've searched $74,500 so far. I'm sure I've missed a bunch more. I really only edge search halves and they, along with proofs, usually stick out but I'm sure I've missed more than I've found.

17. coin_noub1224

coin_noub1224 New Member

I totaly agree its very nice but its very strange that their all there together

18. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

The last few rolls of MWR pennies gave me a 1941S that I needed. Got a CWR box today. A better class of copper but through 5 rolls nothing wheat and not as many as the FED rolls were giving.

19. midtncoin

My most recent box of cents yielded the fewest finds thus far. Only 5 common wheats from the 40's and 50's. However, it did contain one surprise: a 1945 KG6 Canadian cent. Although I'm in the south, Canadian cents are fairly common -- I usually find 2 or 3 per box. But this is the first KG6 that I've found in the wild in a long time. To the unfamiliar, the King George 6 (1920-1952) is Canada's equivalent to our wheats: rarely worth anything over face but still unusual to find in change.

20. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

21. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

I really tired of seeing this nature of the beast, once again start the week all four boxes skunked, I did pull a 1971 that weighs 9.8 grams, I took a picture just in case someone says its because the coin is worn. Its in really bad shape.
    20180619_165441-ccfopt.jpg 20180619_165425-ccfopt.jpg 20180619_165432-ccfopt.jpg

Cheech9712 and Endeavor like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted