Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. immytay1

immytay1 Member

Found only a 87P, 2003P, 2002P in the box today of halves no silver

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sodbuster

sodbuster Junior Member

I always get a chuckle out of the debates over what to do with coins that will never be worth more than face-value anyway. :) Who really cares what you do with it?
    Kind of like the huge arguments over putting nic-a-date on dateless nickels. Since a dateless buffalo has no real value anyway, and certainly isn't attractive if it's so worn down you can't even make out the date, why would anyone get upset about someone putting a drop of mild acid on the date area out of curiosity to see what the date was? This is comical to me... Anyway, I say do what you want. What can it hurt?

Oh well.

No time to search coins before December 18 - finals at school AND I am running a military training exercise at the base... AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Busy, busy.

4. lincolnhoardr

lincolnhoardr Coin Hoarder

Good luck with your finals

5. Ryan625

Ryan625 Senior Member

searched about half the box of nickels today and filled 2 holes. 1940-d and 47-d

i also got:

i save all pre 1960's

6. immytay1

immytay1 Member

Nice finds I still cannot believe I found a 87P in UNC condition

7. Ryan625

Ryan625 Senior Member

sweet find!!

8. sodbuster

sodbuster Junior Member

Thanks, Lincoln.

Just two - that's all the gradschool I can handle at a time with a family and a job, too.

1. U.S. in the World War II Era
    2. Writing as a Historian

Lots of fun!

More fun than work, anyway. I love history - I think it goes well with the coin hobby. :) I like to think about the historical figures who may have used my 19th century coins.

9. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Searched another box of halves today and found:
    1978s proof (in nice shape!)
    1964 (a 90%er.....Yahhhhhooooo)

10. immytay1

immytay1 Member

11. lincolnhoardr

lincolnhoardr Coin Hoarder

Two boxes of halves
    First had 2 40% silver and a 2002
    Second had 2 more 40% silver a 2005, 5 2007 and a 1980-S proof
    finally found some silver halves :)

12. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

In a different part of town today and stopped by two banks, they only had 4 total halves between the two of them.......but one of them was a 64 :D

13. EdwardJ

EdwardJ 65 Year Old Junior Member

Vermont Search Halves & Dollars

Yesterday I went to the bank and got $110 in Halves. Found lots of Brilliant 1995 P halves mixed in with the rest. No Silver but in the tellers drawers she found two and let me have them. Nothing newer than 2001. Found it not awful rewarding. They were rolled in the wrappers where you can see the surface of the coin on both ends of the roll.

Then I did $75 worth of Mixed Dollars, rolled in the standard tubes folded over at both ends. Found about 20 Polk Philadelphia, a few Harrisons and maybe 10 Tylers. About 15 Sacagawea 2000-P. There were 3 of the 2009 Sisters. 1 Washington, 2 Jefferson Madison Van Burens. All Philadelphia except the Sisters.

I was looking for a 2005 and a 2003 for Xmas for my grand daughters. Nothing there so I'll have to go to EBay.

Basically disappointing but I know the silver is still out there. Now just how to get at it.

14. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

In the past, what I have done and gotten good results. Order form your bank, from the Feds, one or two boxes of halfs. I found once seven rolls of 90% and six rolls of 40%, some proofs, two Panama rounds, and a heavy clashed die. So, with the rest spend them when go on vacation or short trips, so I will not get the same ones back.It's fun watching the people when I spend them, most people do not know what they are. Have a good day. :)-O)

15. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Question for Half roll searchers

I have notice this for a long time. When ever there are AU/BU coins in rolls, most of the time they are 1995 coins. WHY IS THAT? Anyone know?

:confused:

16. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

17. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

No.

I'm not talking about good strikes, I'm talking about the condition of the coins. Most of the coins that do not show much wear and still have tons of luster are 1995 coins. Sure, if a 09 or 08 etc is in there, they look "new" but they are new. A disproportionate number of 1995 Kennedy Halves look BU/AU and I'm very curious as to why. I've searched more than 60 boxes this year, and this trend has continued throughout.

18. immytay1

immytay1 Member

Went to the bank today and got $100 worth of Halves and found 3 82P's with FG otherwise no silver and nothing else important.
    Went through a box of pennies and found the following
    1 1939P
    1 1956D
    1 1942P
    1 1944P
    5 Log cabins
    2 Lawyers
    2 Rail Splitters
    1 1950 Canadian Penny
    1 1943 Canadian penny
    I have 1200 wheat pennies now enough for 24 rolls which I think is great.
    I have 296 2009 Pennies and im done with pennies until Jan 2010.

19. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

i recently got several nickel rolls and found a 1937 buffalo, a 1935-d buffalo, and a 1908 liberty head in one roll! all the other rolls yielded nothing of note.

20. immytay1

immytay1 Member

those are great finds ive been lucky to find 1 buffalo with date so far from searching

21. Lather

Lather Time traver Numismatist

BOISE:
    $275.00 in Halves..
    ONE 40% '68
    Several 1987 harder date so surprised to get about 6.. None needed so returned..
    (Only Need 1985-86 P)

$20 in Nickels No holes Filled .. oldest 46P Keeper

$400.00 in Currency Singles.. NOTHING!

One Branch had Another 50 Roll Box of LP4 so I am selling that On Ebay.. Still going for $75-100.00 so Not a bad day..
    So far this week that makes 4 Boxes N.F.String All selling OK Still So not bad...

Draft saved Draft deleted