Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Sorry my bad, I should pay more attention to the rules!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Picked up $500 in MWRs, $80 in CWRs, and $20 loose halves. Only had time to look at the loose so far and nada.

Some great finds posted here the past couple days, grats all!

Rest assured I’ll report on the MWRs and CWRs as soon as I search them :)

4. Richard gladfelter

Richard gladfelter Well-Known Member

5. Richard gladfelter

Richard gladfelter Well-Known Member

1521615768730-1245174408.jpg 1521615807374529713641.jpg I found alot of nice world coins,I love the paso, it looks like the eagle is moving when you turn The Coin.

Skyquest likes this.
  6. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

Stopped by one of my pick up banks yesterday afternoon on the way home - hoping to grab something to look through on the snow day today. Picked up a box of cents and the teller mentioned she had $130 in halves if I wanted them but that she thought someone had searched them already.

Of course I coughed up the extra $130 and came home to find 13 skunk rolls. Still, I've found enough 40% lurking in "searched" rolls in the past that I couldn't pass up the chance to have a look. :)

Hope all the searchers in the mid-Atlantic stay warm and dry today!

7. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

After a 1-1/2 week visit to Costa Mesa, CA to visit my father-in-law and celebrate his 100th birthday :wideyed:, I was able to finish going through these wheat filled CWRS. Lots of 1940's and 1950's and the rolls that weren't solid wheats had a good many shiny AU 1959 - 1962 cents. Apparently, a widow brought in her deceased husband's collection. Of the 22 rolls: 7 were solid wheats, 14 were about 50% wheats, 1 was a solid roll of moderns. Total number of wheats was 721. Some interesting finds included:
    1937 x 2
    1939 x 3
    1939-D (hole filler in my primary album)
    I was also able to upgrade a handful of coins in my primary album and fill a couple of holes and upgrade coins in my backup albums. Here's a picture of the last roll (solid wheats). HH!
    Wheat CWR 22.jpg

8. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Sold my box of pennies and I bought a Fed sealed box from the second bank in town. Through 5 rolls so far nothing newer than 2014. And a fair number of copper including a 1955 wheat.

9. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Alright, second 4 boxes for this week was very nice, 2 boxes were skunks, I pulled 2-90%ers, and 11-40%ers, There was a 2002 Clad Proof I threw back due to condition. I pulled 1-51P Bennie, 1-64P, 2-66, 5-67, 2-68 and 1-69. That makes 20 for the week, well above me weekly goal.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Mar 21 18 Finds-ccfopt.jpg

calishield, berto, Christobal and 2 others like this.
  10. CTRollHunter

CTRollHunter Well-Known Member

QUESTION: When is 1 > 15?
    ANSWER: When your last box of dimes has more silver in it than the last 15 boxes combined.
    20180321_165426.jpg
    That's 20 silver coins including a 1935-D merc, 1943 Merc and a 1940 and 1951 Canadian. I think it is my best box of mwr dimes ever.

bhh, Arby, calishield and 6 others like this.
  11. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

You did good, CTRH. I've yet to find a Merc, yet alone 2!

12. CTRollHunter

CTRollHunter Well-Known Member

I have almost a full roll of Mercs from crh and 15 or so rolls of rosies. I crh too much!

Keep at it and you will find your Merc!

13. davidharmier60firefox

Through 10 rolls 2014 was as new as was found.
    About to nod off to sleep. 4am will be here before I know it.

14. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

My most recent box of nickels, finished up about 10 minutes ago, yielded little: 11 dates from the 50's, a single 41, and a single 40-S. "Best" find was an absolutely dateless Buffalo -- not even a hint, imagination, or smidgen of a date on it. This was probably my least productive box so far. On to the next one......

15. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

From $200 CWR dimes 2 Roosies and a very random Canadian silver quarter in quarters.
    0FC4DF9D-BEFF-47F4-BF49-E1AD16607CF2.jpeg

berto and furryfrog02 like this.
  16. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Box of Loomis halves yielded:
    42 Walker
    68-D x 2
    1974-D Doubled Die Obverse
    74-S Impaired Proof
    1979-S Impaired Proof
    2006-D, 2010-D, 2015-D NIFCs

berto, furryfrog02 and calishield like this.
  17. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Well it was not a good ending to this week, Last 4 boxes for this week all skunks, The only thing that was good was that I found 2 more 40%ers while I was dumping that I had missed while searching, That is the chance one takes when only edge checking coins, These two silver pieces 1-65 and 1-66 edges were a bit more warn so they showed more copper then normal. So that leaves me with 22 for the week. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Thank you for all the well wishers out there. Blessings to you all!!!

18. davidharmier60firefox

Through 15 penny rolls nothing newer than 2014.

19. Elephante

Elephante New Member

Finally took the time to go through the dollar coin rolls that I have acquired in the past few years.

This is about $1400 in dollar coin rolls. Around $1000 of this came from a chance visit to an out of state bank while on the road.

Best find is a 2006-S Native proof coin, along with 6 other Native coins in the 2003-2006 range. I always find it interesting to come across these "non-circulated" coins.

Otherwise, about what I expected to find. Not to many recent year presidential coins, lots of 2000-P Sacagawea (~$240), and some big stacks of 2007 Washington. I haven't searched these for errors yet, which I will do after I fill out some albums/folders and re-roll.

There are also 6 rolls of what appear to be unopened/uncirculated Presidential Rolls. I opened one up and they are all shiny.

~$140 in Susan B Anthony Dollars
    ~$400 in Sacagawea/Native American Dollars
    >$800 in Presidential Dollars

Attached Files:

calishield and berto like this.
  20. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Interesting choice, not many CRHers go for the small dollars.

I always check my 2000P Sacagaweas for the cheerios variety... still waiting to find one though :).

Those rolls of presidential dollars should go for a premium on ebay.

21. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, they don’t bring much premium, maybe $3 per roll after shipping costs. I’m sitting on about $750 worth of them in original, unopened, unsearched US Mint rolls at the moment because they are sloooow to sell.

Draft saved Draft deleted