Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. afm1982

afm1982 Miami has the Dolphins...

Was it Canadian?

(It happens to me more often than not, where I see the silver rim, only to discover it is a foreign coin of a similar size.)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

1913LibertyHeadNickel Well-Known Member

I thought the same. The edge was well worn so I figured older Canadian or a Merc. It was actually a 52-D Rosie, though. I'm on my way to get some more Loomis rolls right now!

AllCoExpat likes this.
  4. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Did you weigh the coin? Does it appear thinner than normal. if it weighs arount 8.8 grams it may be an error on a quarter plachet

5. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

Did my usual Tuesday bank and CU call around and 1 credit union had $ 4.00. I took the trip and glad.i did. Got 3 - 40%ers and 1 - 90%er. Teller said they were stuck in the coin machine and were a bit dirty. I cleaned them up with a few moist wipes.

Attached Files:

6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Anyone want any 2018P cents?? :p I'm not looking forward to opening 200 rolls of them.
    19MAR 18P Cents 2.JPG 19MAR 18P Cents 1.JPG

7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

8. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Bummer! I’d save a roll and dump them “as is” if you can!

9. furryfrog02

Unfortunately none of the banks around me will take full boxes...I tried back when I started this. They would only take them if they were unopened. The type of boxes that my Loomis uses though require you to actually open them. Oh well, I have a few dump banks near work that I use. I will visit them on Thursday.

TexAg likes this.
  10. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

A quick eBay search reveals that boxes of 2018 pennies are selling for $50 or more. Sure, you'd have to list, ship, and pay eBay fees, but you'd still come out on top and it'll save you the trouble of unwrapping them and lugging to the dump bank.

11. furryfrog02

I thought about it before with other solid-date boxes. I would stand to make maybe like $5-10 after all was said and done. Not worth it IMO. Faster and easier to unwrap and dump. Especially when I have two kids who love to unwrap rolls ;)

TexAg and Richard gladfelter like this.
  12. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

Only time to get one box of dimes today, but it was a good one. Tied my record with 5 silvers. Picture isn’t working.

13. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

I will take 10 rolls plus shipping I guess. Are you willing to send them?

14. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for the good luck wishes, My first four boxes for the week 3 skunks, I still pulled 7 pieces of silver, 1-66, 4-67 and 2-68. Also pulled 4-Foreign coins, Not sure where the 68 is from yet, I think its Swiss, 75-Un Peso, 88-Hong Kong Dollar, and a 06-Canadian 2 dollar. So a nice start to the week, only need 3 to reach me goal. Once again Thank you everyone! Hope silver keeps finding its way to you all. Have a great evening, by the way if you get a chance go see the movie I Can Only Imagine. Good Movie! go see it! [​IMG]
    Mar 20 18 Finds-ccfopt.jpg

15. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Outstanding Score on the Indian Cents!!!

Richard gladfelter likes this.
  16. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Figure shipping to 77371 and I'd take a roll or 5.

17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Hey, everybody, remember to keep offers to buy or sell in PMs, or in the appropriate forums...

18. Richard gladfelter

Richard gladfelter Well-Known Member

I went right back and teller tells me there out,:vomit:

19. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

Just picked up a few rolls of nickels, dimes and quarters on my way home from work and this was the second of five nickel rolls I opened.... IMG_7906.JPG Do you see it yet? IMG_7907.JPG IMG_7908.JPG

20. 1913LibertyHeadNickel

I also decided to hit up a bank on the train ride home from work. I was close by and it was 5:53, so I'd make it before 6 PM. I scored a 1969 $5 bill and two CWR of halves. I opened the end of the roll and saw this... IMG_7909.JPG
    Upon further review, it is indeed a 1968 40%er...but I'm saving those rolls to open last :)

AllCoExpat and TexAg like this.
  21. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

First box of halves (Loomis) since getting back from California. I was having withdrawals, lol.
    80-S Impaired Proof
    82-P “No FG Initials”
    87-D NIFC
    06-P & 11-P NIFCs
    I’m most excited about the 82-P No FG! It is only my second one and is in much better condition. Individual photos of it, obverse and reverse (including a close up). Going in the Dansco!
    6AD2E8A2-AF3D-4A52-8E9A-088275FF8CE1.jpeg 51396397-82D6-4FEC-946A-31F81205D331.jpeg A05E48C7-9E43-47E2-93B9-3988E1BD0785.jpeg AAD32F4B-78A9-499D-A70D-9B76EA5D3698.jpeg EE276FF3-34E7-498E-B3B6-5DE98E269938.jpeg

AllCoExpat, Arby and furryfrog02 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted