Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Back to reality for me...8 banks tonight had $60 CWR halves and $10 loose...nada.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

Found a zinc penny blank planchet in my cent hunt yesterday! Will post a pic when I get a chance.

berto likes this.
  4. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

30 silver 1964-68 in a box of half dollars

TexAg, Ron Henry, berto and 1 other person like this.
  5. calishield

IMG_3066.JPG

Attached Files:

Mad Stax, TexAg, AllCoExpat and 5 others like this.
  6. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

4 cwr of halves... one 40%

AllCoExpat and berto like this.
  7. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I told my coworker I was going to the vending machine for a soda. She asked if I could get something for her. I obliged, and as she grabbed change from her purse I spotted a 1953 wheat which she was happy to give me.
    Does this count as a CRH? Maybe i dont know, but might as well post it.

TexAg, berto and calishield like this.
  8. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

$64 CWR Nickels: 39, 40, 41 (x2), 42, 46-D, 47-D, 49, 54-D, 54-S, 56, 58-D

$185 CWR Dimes: Skunk

$130 CWR Halves: 64 (x2), 66, 67 (x4), 68 (x2), 68-D, 69-D

Not a bad way to kick off searching for 2018. :)

IMG_0091.jpg

9. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

This penny is what I call a 6. You can't see the dings with the naked eye. The liquidity is just right. The tone is great.
    50 exactly this good gets 6 dots with a plus sign. 20180107_130647.jpg

bhh likes this.
  10. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Needed an new dump bank so I researched and found a local bank with NINE branches in my town ALL with coin machines!. So, I switched objectives and pleaded with several different branch managers to allow me to buy half dollar bags - no dice, against bank policy. Decided I would open an account anyways and these NINE branches would be dump sites where I could spread out the pain. I need to do this so I could give my national bank with several branches a break from dumping 2-3 boxes a week, and myself a break as they require coins to be rolled. So, after opening a joint account with the wife at one branch, I drove to another branch and "deposited" $500 in searched half dollars and the teller ran them through the coin machine. After only a few seconds, the coin machine bag got full and I overhead a teller say, "Finally, that bag has been on there since last April!" Now from my experience, a slow filling bag is likely to have silvers in it. So, I politely asked if I could buy the bag as I was a hobbyist coin collector and was trying to build out coin albums for my grandkids (truth). Teller didn't know and asked the branch manager via text since she was on the phone. Answer, "We do not sell bags, they have to go to the Fed."

Crap, I just know that bag had silvers in it! So close I could almost smell them! Get to the car, tell the wife it was a near hit and she says, "Will they sell you boxed halves? Maybe those coins will come back in rolls." Smart wife! Now my spirits are soaring as I plan to order some boxes and see what happens. Long term, I plan to dump exclusively at 7 of the branches, and order boxes from the other two exclusively. Maybe I can fill more bags containing silver and buy them on the return trip in boxes? Worth a try?

calishield likes this.
  11. calishield

Why not? I've found the same with pennies as teller says when I order a ton of boxes that they all recirculate back through. Think that's very true

TexAg likes this.
  12. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

$25 MWR dimes: 2009-P

$20 MWR nickels: 1943-P (first war nickel in awhile!), 1940 (x2), 1946, 1948, 1953-D, 1954-D, 1956-D. 2 Canada (1982 & 1994). Kept one AU/BU looking 1982-P and a greasy die/weak strike 1998-P where "We Trust" is barely readable, Jefferson's nose is gone, and the last two letters of "Liberty" are weak.

$5 MWR pennies: an abused 1925 or 1935 wheatie, poorer-than average condition 1947, 1950-D, 1958-D. 3 x 2009. 1 Canada (1984)

13. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

First boxes of half dollars for the year:
    6x90%ers
    23x40%ers
    3 Proofs
    87P and 87D
    17D
    And a 1972D Double Clipped Planchet
    1972D PMD but it looked cool :)
    Total: 5.57oz AG
    08JAN Half Dollar Finds.jpg 1972D Half Dollar Double Clipped Planchet.jpg

Mad Stax, berto, TexAg and 2 others like this.
  14. furryfrog02

Popped open a box of cents to make sure they weren't solid 17Ps and this beauty was staring back at me. Can't wait to open all the rolls in this box :)
    08JAN Cent Wheat Ender.jpg

15. calishield

16. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

2 more half boxes 2 more skunks. Last several dime boxes were skunks. 6 banks asking for halves = nothing. I’m starting to get pretty discouraged. Maybe thinking of calling it quits other than the teller tray here and there . Not sure.

17. calishield

Bhh, just remember it's all a numbers game. Been pretty dry here minus the random fun find, so I get it. In my downtime I've been learning how to look for varieties on what I do have already. The tide will shift!

bhh and furryfrog02 like this.
  18. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

1 cwr of halves... nothing
    $6.5 loose halves... 5 40%

19. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Finished my box that Trish will buy tomorrow.
    Trying to work on a 6 or 6+ roll of copper. Man it's tough!

bhh likes this.
  20. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Nice box for sure! Have fun plowing through those.
    Reed.

21. furryfrog02

Finished my first box of cents for the week (Not the one with the red ender). I was pretty happy with the results. .
    14 wheats (oldest 1935) 6 of them were nice and red :)
    08JAN Cent Red Wheats.jpg 08JAN Cent Wheat Ender 2.jpg

Skyquest, Mad Stax, berto and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted