Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

I ordered two boxes on Monday...teller said they would be in Thursday...I said "great thanks" I now realize Thursday is thanksgiving so I'm betting my coins wont be in on Thursday.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Bhh, you’re right, banks are closed Thanksgiving Day. If the usual coin courier pickup/drop off is Thursday at your bank, then you may not receive your coin until next Thursday.

Hopefully, I’m wrong!

4. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Totally forgot about drop off. Mine are on Thursdays. I'll have to figure something out.

Moundsvillemike75 likes this.
  5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Got a box of halves during my lunch break. 2 40%ers. Was hoping for a lot more but better than a skunk.

berto likes this.
  6. kkathyl0

kkathyl0 Active Member

ran into a guy who does crack outs, silver dollar & penny rolls not quit sure he is being honest but I gave it a try for 40.00 to do a write up on it, he claimed to have uncirculated coin rolls from a estate and the coin showing was (1935-S Peace Dollar) but I am convinced he stuffed the 2 ends like 99% of the others do. To prove it I even offered to buy the end coin for 15.00 after he said it was damage. I got it and noticed someone had lightly carved initials in it and had circular damage around the outer edge. Hmm. If your looking for a deal they are sure to Steal. I posted the unveil on another forum. If your interested I can add the link here

Arby likes this.
  7. berto

berto Well-Known Member

2 banks today yielded 21 Ikes and $20 in loose halves: nada

8. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

I just finished my first 4 boxes for the week, I was up to 16 skunk boxes and box 17 saved me from another skunk week, I pulled 10-90%ers, and 18-40%ers, and 2-87P's. 1-58D Bennie, 8-64, 5 of them D's, 2-66, 7-67, 5-69, 6-69, and 1-92S Silver Proof. That will put a jig in one step. Wishing you all the best of luck, Don't forget to post pictures. We love pictures.

ENDERS![​IMG] Nov 21 17 Enders-ccfopt.jpg Nov 21 17 Finds-ccfopt.jpg Nov 21 17 87P Finds-ccfopt.jpg

9. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Visiting Mom for Thanksgiving. Hitting all my banks and then some. Mostly loose halves or CWRs - skunks. Then, tried a small bank I never heard of and young teller has 6 Ike’s, but “ Do I have an account here?” I tell her no but am from out of town visiting Mom and we go through them together (truth). She looks at head teller who shrugs and says “go ahead”. I see a silver rim as she counts them out: 1971-S! 1st silver Ike for me! 66465E8A-E846-47BF-B6E8-E2CB28E23D38.jpeg

10. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

They sold me a box of pennies at the second bank.
    9 of them I turned in. But 41 rolls are fresh.
    I pull unmarred copper pennies. And put 6 less than beautiful copper in each roll I make up.
    And shortly off to work I go.

11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I'm going to take a break for the rest of the week. Even though I could get two boxes of halves today if I wanted I'm going to pass because I have 4 boxes to dump. Hope all you Coin Roll Hunters have a great Thanksgiving! May silver come down upon us for the rest of the year!

TexAg, calishield and berto like this.
  12. berto

berto Well-Known Member

TexAG, congratulations on the 40% Ike!

I found my first 2, 40% Ikes this year and it felt great!

Bman, dumping is definitely the downside to this hobby. Today is my dump day.

TexAg likes this.
  13. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

You have to travel a lot to do so?

14. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Please share the link, I would be interested in taking a look at it.

15. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Thankfully, no, I dump at a single bank on my way home from work.

Bman33 likes this.
  16. berto

berto Well-Known Member

bhh, oddly enough I received a call from a bank telling me my $1K order of halves came in today rather than tomorrow because of the holiday. Bearing in mind this was an order I placed 3 weeks ago...

Hopefully, your order will also arrive at your bank today given the holiday tomorrow.

17. berto

berto Well-Known Member

1 bank today had $30 in MWR halves...a couple BU coins from the 1990’s, plus 2 NIFC, but otherwise unremarkable.

18. davidharmier60firefox

Meanwhile I keep fooling with pennies.

berto likes this.
  19. StevieB

StevieB Active Member

Went to 5 banks yesterday - none had half dollars or dollar coins :-( - that was a let down.

20. davidharmier60firefox

As long as they hold out I either put 2 or 3 2017D enders and 6 copper in each roll. Since the box is giving up copper that will almost certainly continue. And I think I have 2 rolls of 2017D so that ought to get this box finished.

21. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Of 3 banks yesterday only 1 had halves. $80 in MWRs yielded nothing.

I picked up my $1K halves order. I immediately noticed they’re rolls in plastic bags, which is the packaging used by this bank in which I’ve NEVER found a keeper, ugh. Oh well, I’ll search through them with the hope of finding a nugget. Even a blind squirt may eventually find a nut.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

furryfrog02 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted