Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Here ya go...these coins came from the bank in the plastic tube :happy:

Attached Files:

Bambam8778 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Oh man, Lucky duck! Those coins are beauties!

berto likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Finished my 4 boxes of cents for the week. Nothing spectacular wheat-wise but I ended up pulling a 77S Proof, a 1998 WAM (my 54th), and a 2009 DDR 037 (my 3rd)
    Here is the 09 DDR since it was the coolest out of the bunch(Sorry for the crap close up. It was taken through my loupe with my iphone zoomed in:
    15NOV17 2009 DDR 037.jpg 15NOV17 2009 DDR 037 Close.jpg

Christobal, Bambam8778 and Arby like this.
  5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

2 boxes of halves yielded a 40%er and a 64. Second box was a skunk. Only two boxes this week because I got behind on my dumping and have to get rid of 5 boxes.

berto likes this.
  6. vintagemintage

vintagemintage Well-Known Member

Nice! I haven't seen that before, tube included!

berto likes this.
  7. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Very Nice Berto, wonderful score on the 69D"s got to love that!.

berto likes this.
  8. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

While dumping at the bank I got 305 Ikes! I had the teller count them out and I don't think there was silver. I don't care about that I want a 72 Type II! Won't be able to go through them til tonight.

berto, calishield and furryfrog02 like this.
  9. berto

berto Well-Known Member

6 banks last night yielded $2 loose halves and $60 CWR halves ...nothing!

10. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

I made a very nearly flawless roll of copper.
    Then a very good roll. And I'm 20 rolls in towards a box.
    Found a spectacular 1969D.

11. berto

berto Well-Known Member

6 more banks today, 50 miles on my car, and 1.5 hours of my life and only 1 bank had halves; $150 in CWRs. No Ikes.

1, 2005S Cu-Ni clad proof
    1, magnetic magician’s coin

Less than stellar, but better than nothing.

I’ll keep checking!

Bman33 likes this.
  12. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

$25 CWR Cents: '39, '45 and 572 copper cents

$130 CWR Nickels: 15, 39 (x3), 40, 41 (x2), 41-D, 42, 46 (x2), 47, 48 (x2), 49 (x3), 52, 52-D, 52-S, 53, 54, 54-D, 55-D (x2), 56, 56-D, 57 (x3), 58-D (x2), 59 (x2), Canada 1940, skunked for silver

$300 CWR Dimes: Skunked

88A792A2-9C78-4D59-9E82-78429D89A879.JPG

Mad Stax, furryfrog02 and berto like this.
  13. davidharmier60firefox

Sigh. I guess it HAD to happen.
    The second bank in town told me no more trading.
    She thinks I can still buy a box.
    Dad says "there are other places "
    These places are 15ish miles one way and 18ish the other way.
    I can't waste fuel like that very often.
    I have 9 more rolls to finish a box.
    I'll see about selling it at work or to our bank.
    And see if I can get a box at the second bank.

14. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Bank forgot to order this week. A bit bummed but at least I wont have a crazy time dumping coins since I will be up in New England this weekend. Hopefully I can find enough next Monday to make my 20 ounce goal for the month.

berto likes this.
  15. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

1 box of loomis halves = nothing
    80 CWR halves = nothing
    1 box loomis dimes = 1955d Roosevelt

All of that for 1 silver dime....I guess that's the game we play

calishield and berto like this.
  16. davidharmier60firefox

I called work and Trish will buy my box.
    So the experiment of buying a box will happen.

berto likes this.
  17. berto

berto Well-Known Member

4 banks tonight yielded only 2 CWRs and $10 loose halves, plus 1 Ike. Over half the loose halves had fresh CRHer marks and all were junk, and the Ike was common and circulated, but 1 of the CWRs of halves was loaded.

I’ll never tire of this sight as I slide a mystery roll of halves out of it’s sleeve...14, 40%ers!

HH all

Attached Files:

18. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

@berto

Awesome! I'm craving silver now. Will be tough to do boxes this week with the holiday.

berto likes this.
  19. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

Maybe if we all take the we'll-deserved break, it will rain silver in the coming weeks! I have been knee deep in cents...wheatie-palooza! Ready for some shiny silver now.

berto likes this.
  20. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I’ve been very fortunate. Those who stick with it understand this is a volume game and they find silver halves. The more hunting you do the more success will come your way, but it takes commitment.

I ordered $1K in halves from a large chain bank 3 weeks ago because the teller was so nice and offered to order for me. I haven’t found a silver half in a MWR from this bank in 3 years! I followed up late last week and my order hasn’t arrived, which is very unusual.

Tonight I ordered $300 in halves from a small town bank that has produced more silver per $100 than any other bank I hunt, so perhaps I’ll get lucky when my order arrives in a couple weeks.

I’ve only a few more banks to check for CWR and loose halves and large dollar coins this month.

Next month I’ll start my rounds again.

Best of luck to all!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    calishield likes this.
  21. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

Just curious..... I'm not intending to steer the thread off onto a tangent and I do NOT want to ignite a copper good/bad investment war (that's been argued ad naseum in other threads), but I've noticed multiple times in this thread, and in others, where folks have mentioned pulling out the pre-82 copper cents from rolls. Is there a numismatic reason for doing this? I.e., is there some thinking that as the older cents disappear from circulation, they will become harder to find and thus worth a few cents in bulk (like buying wheaties at 3 cents each in bags of 100)? Or is the whole "pull copper out of rolls" like pulling pre-60's jefferson nickels (they'll never be worth more than a nickel but they're old so they're worth holding on to) ????

I pull wheaties and pre-60 jeffersons out of rolls (and any obsolete or foreign)-- not because they will ever be valuable but just because I like the thrill of the hunt. Are coppers the new wheaties?

Draft saved Draft deleted