Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Ok, so I had it the other way around. I just remember folks making a big deal about the 87's. I'm not a big proof guy so I'll toss it back into the Wild.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lumberman

lumberman Member

I seem to be having trouble find 72s and 73 s..anyone have them??

4. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

I just finished up my last four boxes for the week and pulled 1 lonely 69. So out of 12 boxes only 2 pieces of silver. So When I went to my bank to make the dump, The teller called me over and told me he had a bunch of 1 dollar bills that I might be interested in. He had 63, 1957, 57A, and 57B's Silver Certificates These are well circulated, they are great bills for a entry level collector. There are approx, 170 Star Notes, Several sets of Sequential Star Notes Oct 19 17 Finds-ccfopt.jpg Oct 19 17  Silver Certificate Score-ccfopt.jpg , Nice Crisp condition. Several Fancy Serial Numbers, Ladders, binary, Repeaters, radar Notes. If anyone is interested in them please let me know. I do have pictures available. If that is not cool enough, when I went to pick up my boxes at my other bank, I noticed the bank teller move her coin tray to another window and I could see half dollars in her tray, so I asked for them and she handed me 7 which 5 were 40%ers, then I learned she had another $140 in CWR so I took those home with me as well, Those rolls had another 36 40%ers, So I ended up with 2-65, 4-66, 11-67, 14-68, and 10-69's. One of the best endings to a week in a while. Wishing you all the best of luck, may many pieces of silver find its way to you all.

Mad Stax, ace71499, bhh and 6 others like this.
  5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

2 boxes of halves yielded three 64D's in the first and nothing in the second. I'll take the ounce of silver.

berto and furryfrog02 like this.
  6. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Where there's a will huh? I guess I don't have the will.
    I had four rolls of mostly 40s and 50s with a few 30s.
    Made hay on my spare set with those.

7. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I'm jealous on the silver certificates.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Arby likes this.
  8. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

GH - I recommend that you buy a "Red Book", it will give you the number of coins from each mint and the number of proofs struck that year if any. Yes, the coin's luster caught my attention and I generally set aside S mint coins if they are in nice shape. A later check of The Red Book revealed the 1971-S was only struck as a proof. That's when I broke into my happy dance!:woot::woot:

9. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I posted this on another site, but need an opinion soon so I’m posting here, too.

I need some input from you small dollar roll searchers...I stopped at a bank tonight and they had 64 MINT rolls of 2009-2016 small gold dollars. Are there some that are more collectable than others? Do any sell for more than others?

I am considering buying all the rolls and then selling them on feebay in hopes of making a 10% net profit...possible or impossible?

10. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

My experience with selling them is there are so many for sale out there they sell slow or not at all.

11. The Bob

The Bob Active Member

1970 S - please help

IMG_1578.jpg IMG_1579.jpg 1970s ddo.JPG

12. vintagemintage

vintagemintage Well-Known Member

Looks like machine doubling to me, not a doubled die. Interesting but not rare & valuable.

Arby and The Bob like this.
  13. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

Amazing score, Stories like that are what keep us in the hunt. If you don't mind the question...what did your best box ever look like...I ordered my first box the other day and am trying to gather as much information on hunting by the box as I can. If you'd rather not answer, the no worries.

14. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

My best box yielded over 200 pieces of silver, if you get a box that has over 10 Enders there is a good chance to score close too 200 pieces, if you have that many Enders in a box you can count on some of those to be double Enders. That is my experience anyway.

15. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

Thanks Arby.

Went to 3 banks today. Nobody had halves

Arby likes this.
  16. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

Are there areas of the country that tend to have better yields?

17. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

The Bob likes this.
  18. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

@Arby You're lucky to have found all those silver certs in one go. Since I started really collecting in 2012, I've managed to get one silver certificate from a teller and that was back in 2013. I strap searched close to $100k in singles with no luck.

Arby likes this.
  19. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

About $60 in halves... nothing.

20. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Personally I’ve had my best luck on the east coast. I think high population density plays into it.

21. berto

berto Well-Known Member

$200 dollars in halves that mostly consisted of a 2013 mint bag, but also some CWRs and MWRs from 2 banks yielded:

1, 1987P in AU condition

Now what do I do with the $100 mint bag worth of 2013’s?o_O

TexAg likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted