Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. berto

berto Well-Known Member

David, you can order a $1,000 box of small dollar coins from your local bank. Most of the coins will be gold dollars, many of which will be presidential. Good luck with your search.

bhh likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Oh sure. Just order $1000. Ain't likely.
    I'm going to trade out 20 rolls today.

4. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

My first four boxes for the week EL Zero Silver!

5. berto

berto Well-Known Member

David, all searchers must first build a bankroll to use for CRHing. You can do this by setting aside money from each paycheck.

Aim high and you’ll hit your mark despite what may seem an impossible distance.

furryfrog02 and vintagemintage like this.
  6. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

Bank had $80 in CWR of halves today...bought them all. 2 1967. Little by little.... 67times2.png

7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

This is what I did. I managed to work my way up to a bit over $3k that is now my CRH fund. I could do more but I've found that $3k of halves and whatever cents or nickels etc I get as well are about what I can easily search/dump each week. I envy the guys who do 20ish boxes of halves a week.

Arby likes this.
  8. berto

berto Well-Known Member

ff, your CRHing bankroll is same as mine.

It’s taken me several year to build it to this level, so David, it can be done.

furryfrog02 and bhh like this.
  9. berto

berto Well-Known Member

5 banks tonight had $90 in MWR halves plus $22.50 loose, which yielded nothing except 1 NIFC :hurting:

10. vintagemintage

vintagemintage Well-Known Member

Likewise about 3K floating around, I dump twice a week so I can do 8-12 boxes. Guys that are doing more than that either have a TON of time on their hands or they're just glancing at the edges real fast and not checking for anything else.

berto likes this.
  11. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

I make roughly $140 a week. It's a part time gig but only 5 miles away. The next best thing was 30 miles, also part time for a quarter more an hour. I think it's plain why I stay with this one. At best I can save $20 a week. Other things interest me as well. So I don't think I'll have a loose $1000 for QUITE a while.

12. vintagemintage

I used to take my pay, buy 1 box, search and dump, recover the money and pay my bills. Repeated each paycheck. With $140/week you're doin' the best you can! Hang in there and good luck!

groundhog53946 likes this.
  13. vintagemintage

Maybe you can find a partner/s to split a box? Or a trusting friend/relative to lend the money for a day or 2 till you can dump?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    bhh likes this.
  14. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Where there is will, there is a way!

15. Arby

Arby Well-Known Member

Another four boxes of half dollars searched Pulled 1-68 and 3-Clad Proofs, 1-73S, 87S and 88S. BLAH!

16. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Alright halves searchers let's do this! I have had a crappy month but it changes today. I will do three boxes tonight making 5 boxes of halves this week. Good luck to you all and may The Force be with us...

17. That's how I do it. $50 at a time and usually spend them at a wallyworld self checkout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. furryfrog02

I'm at just about 11oz for the 3 weeks I searched so far this month. I've got 2 more weeks of searches this month. I'd like to get above 20oz for the month.

berto likes this.
  19. How do you tell a proof nickel? Extra shiny? I search nickels and occasionally come across one that just looks different and wondered if they were proofs. I only have my phone to take pictures with and I don't know if the differences I see with the eye would show. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

So I got a box of halves in at lunch. Found a 1987S. Is there something special about this year?

21. furryfrog02

There were more proofs minted than P's D's since the business strikes were NIFC that year.

Draft saved Draft deleted