Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

all 68 D...but I'll take it. My best find yet. I'll line them all up for a nice picture when I get a chance.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Congrats! I did get an all 40% customer wrapped roll last year. Great feeling to see all silver.

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  4. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

That's great! Nice ROI there

Noah Finney likes this.
  5. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Hit a bunch of banks today and came out with a lowly 2 half dollars from the 80's. One day I'll find some more silver.

Bman33 and Noah Finney like this.
  6. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

One more picture...sorry but finds like this don't come often for me. 20.png

AllCoExpat, berto, Jasanche and 2 others like this.
  7. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

Been slow going here.

1 Box of BWR Cents: 21 wheatbacks & 19 Canadians - oldest Canadian was 1963.

Keepers include:

1935, 1942 (4 - one road rashed coin got tossed), 1944, 1944-D, 1945, 1946 (2), 1947-D, 1950 (2), 1952-D, 1952-S, 1953, 1955, 1956-D, 1957-D (2), 1969-S (2), 1972-S (2).

Best looking wheat:

20170817_204800.jpg 20170817_204809.jpg

Oh and I found this 2015 DDO. Yeah I know it's kinda weak, but it's a clear DDO.

20170814_005858.jpg 20170814_010232.jpg

Mad Stax, moneycostingmemoney and bhh like this.
  8. moneycostingmemoney

$490 CWR haves-

3- Franklin 90%ers
    2- Kenny 90%ers
    8- Kenny 40%ers
    IMG_1278.JPG

AllCoExpat, berto, ace71499 and 5 others like this.
  9. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

Very nice,money. That's great. 5 90%ers. Surely that isn't typical. Or am I wrong?

10. moneycostingmemoney

Thanks and nice finds for you as well. You had a rarity and I had a decent haul, not typical though. But I was tipped off by the teller and manager yesterday so I knew I'd get something. They have 1800 in dollar coins that I thought about going through before they ship them out. I'd just be really sad if I went through all of that and didn't find at least a near date SBA lol. But there's always the chance of finding that elusive cheerio Dollar. Man that would be sweet!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  11. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

Hi y'all. I was talking to someone about buying their JFK post 2002 but lost the email. I'm still interested, please message me.

12. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

My eyes are pretty much useless in the morning.
    I'll get back to looking through rolls pretty soon.

13. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

That's awesome that you have such a good relationship with a teller and manager. Do they save silver they happen to see especially for you? How did you know the $490 was solid? Did they glance at it beforehand and know it contained some silver? How did you get in so well with the manager? Did you know him/her beforehand? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn. I've only been at this about a year.

14. moneycostingmemoney

PMed

15. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Only searched eight boxes this week.

3-'64 JFKS
    2- Franklins
    1-Walker
    15- '65-69 JFKs

4.38 ounces this week. About average. Still searching for that ever elusive silver vein of a collection dump.

image.jpg

AllCoExpat, berto, Jasanche and 3 others like this.
  16. wrljet

wrljet New Member

Any idea what this is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. bhh

bhh Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that is a "medal" or "token" that came out of a Denver mint set. Maybe 1982. Of course, as always, correct me if I'm wrong.

18. moneycostingmemoney

+1, not sure of year though.

19. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Just because I went to the second bank in town and got all CWR rolls. 8 nickel and 6 penny. Asked to see the halves again.
    I know they are clad and worth 50 cents a piece. But I got a nice Bicentennial P and 71P & D.
    Then went to my bank and got 4 Loomis penny rolls.
    One of the end pennies looks like it could be a good one.
    Back to it momentarily.

20. kkathyl0

kkathyl0 Active Member

I have not tried the roll thing yet but it sure sounds like fun. I do give away MS 2016-S Cumberland Gap Quarters to customers (Banks don't get these from the mint) and they sure appreciate that.

I think I should explore this area with the banks. .

21. wrljet

wrljet New Member

I've been doing it only for about two months. (ignoring decades ago as a child)

Been through 34,000 Lincolns and have found very little in the way of varieties/errors.

At about the 22,000 point I hit a Wide AM. And have found just one 1982 D Small Date Zinc.

Bill

bhh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted