Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

3 of 5 penny rolls gave nothing.
    2 for the morning before going banking

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

4. davidharmier60firefox

Went to the second bank in town. Got two MWR quarter rolls and five CWR pennies. Quarters updated one. Pennies nothing.

5. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

Sounds like your old man is experienced at making improvised weaponry ;) I carefully use a pocket knife. I bought paper rolls once. I still have most of them sitting in a stein.

Christobal likes this.
  6. cedricd

cedricd New Member

Hit the Silver Jackpot!! Got an entire roll of Silver Halves!

I went to a couple of different banks today and picked up $49 in loose and CWR Half Dollars and $40 in loose and CWR Ike dollars. I received a $20 roll of Ike dollars which I have never come across personally. 3 rolls of the CWR halves from one bank were different from the rest. These 3 rolls were marked with dates on them. 2 of them were marked with either 1971, 1972, or 1973. However, one roll was marked 1918 (to my excitement) and 1965-1969. I rushed home and opened up that roll on camera. It was an entire roll of Silver!! 19 40%ers from each year (1965-69) and my oldest Half Dollar find to date, a 1918 Walker which was right on the end of the roll. Total of 20 Silver Halves today plus $40 in Ikes! Youtube video of opening the rolls live here:

7. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

Not roll finds but got at the bank today from a tellers tray. It has been a long time since I got silver from teller tray, I went in mad because of some charges and came out happy cause they fixed the charges and got silver and a 1990 s proof :happy: bank1.jpg

furryfrog02, berto, Ron Henry and 3 others like this.
  8. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Kind of a CRH. This is all from approximately a month of the money that passes through the Library's hands. My coworkers keep all the foreign and old stuff they see. So it's their coin roll hunt they let me keep. 20170725_155957.jpg

9. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I haven't done much searching since I got back to the States. Just like $15 worth of cents and about $60 worth of nickels. I went to my CU yesterday after a year of being gone and they recognized me right away. Asked if I wanted to put in an order for this week....of course I did!
    I have 4 boxes of halves and 2 boxes of nickels coming on Thursday. Looking forward to getting back into the game. Wish me luck!

10. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

furryfrog02 likes this.
  11. davidharmier60firefox

I went to the second bank in town. CWR all.
    I quarter roll. 5 nickel rolls. 5 penny rolls.
    Quarters gave nuttin. Changed out a 79D that had bag wear for one I find every once in a while that could be fresh from the mint. 1 penny roll gave nothing. 4 penny rolls for tomorrow.

12. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Best of luck ff2! I bet you find something worthwhile in the halves...

furryfrog02 likes this.
  13. ace71499

I love coin roll hunting, but I've been having such bad luck lately i don't know what to do. Last two halves and dimes have been a bust. Maybe i should try nickels?

Edit: I think it may be because I'm getting my rolls from string and son? Which banks don't use them, or is that a case to case scenario

14. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

Your local supply could be getting thin, especially if they reroll locally.

I have gotten String, Loomis, and Brinks boxes from my bank. Same local branch. <shrugs>

You could double your possiblities if you open an account at another bank and hunt both.

Of course, it's also fun searching another kind of coin too. You could try pennies. :)

15. ace71499

Out of a box of halves i received 1 1987 S proof and a 1987 Dominican Coin. Also a really questionably nice 1972 coin.
    Out of a box of dimes, 1 1946

Stopped by the bank today and asked for CWR. I have 240 in Quarters, 10 in nickels and 3 in cents. I'm doubtful Ill find anything significant though. Wish me luck

16. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

That is not that long of a skunk streak. Sometimes it happens. You have to slog through the crap to get to the good stuff.

17. ace71499

Update- Quarters yielded a nicely toned West Virginia Quarter
    Cents yielded 4 wheats
    Nickels yielded a 1957 D and a 1941

18. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Well, I like breaking records but this is one I'd hope to never break, prior skunk run was 18 Boxes. After this week's 12 boxes the record is officially broken. New skunk run now stands at 19. Ugh!

19. davidharmier60firefox

I went to the second bank in town yet again. All CWR.
    1 quarter roll which gave up a 69D need.
    5 nickel rolls (3 so far giving up 4 V nickels- only one has a chance at being "good" a 1911. A 1912 not quite that good, a 1909 that I could only read with a loupe and one more slick).
    Going to do the other two rolls later.
    Have also 2 dime rolls and 5 penny rolls for tomorrow.

20. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

V nickel pics please! Go back to the bank to see if they had more nickels!

21. davidharmier60firefox

2017-07-26 16.42.03.jpg
    2017-07-26 16.43.09.jpg
    The best three out of six.

AllCoExpat, spirityoda, NLL and 5 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted