Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. moneycostingmemoney

moneycostingmemoney Yukon Coriolis

@Truble thats beatstreet but congrats on the benchmark! That's an achievement. How much silver would you say you've hauled from that?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I bring all the halves in with bags and the tellers dump them in machines.

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  4. moneycostingmemoney

Yeah with as many boxes as you're doing repacking the rolls would take a while.

5. moneycostingmemoney

$40 CWR dimes gave a 81S proof and what I think may be a 2016P WDDR-001. The doubling isn't exact, but it's the closest to what I'm finding.
    IMG_1056.JPG

Christobal likes this.
  6. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I've many other banks without fees. The bank charging fees after the first $200 in coin has produced more silver halves in MWRs for me than any other bank. My hypothesis is they have their own coin machine (also with a fee) in the lobby so when a bag of halves finally comes off the machine (after several years?) and the coins are wrapped, the resulting rolls are loaded with collectibles compared to any of my other MWR sources.

My $500 order didn't arrive today, so maybe I'll get them tomorrow, or maybe they don't have enough halves to fill the order...time will tell.

HH

7. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Ive been blessed crossed over 200 ounces last week. I've averaged Just under 9 ounces a week since the beginning of the year. 2016 I found 278 ounces, my best year. I am on track to beat that but it all depends on if people dump collections. Thinking of using my boxes from 12 to 18 a week. I feel like I'm getting too many repeats.

Spoke to the Loomis delivery guys yesterday and just ask him some details. So they get bags of coins from banks, coin stars, the fed and they are then put through the sorter at Loomis and rolled. Ask if he could pull old boxes next time, told me their orders are pulled for them, and he doesn't have control of boxes pulled. Bummer!

This week all boxes were unmarked so I don't know their location or if someone is just not stamping them.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  8. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

Think I'll get a couple of dime rolls when I get to the bank.
    Gonna take a whole nother financial situation to play with halves.

9. moneycostingmemoney

@Truble yeah I believe the cargo is waiting for them and they just verify bill of lading and load before taking off.

That's an impressive amount of silver at face value! Once I hit a few more dud straps I think I'm going to reinvest in a couple boxes of halves and do that for a couple weeks and see how I do. The last I got from an American bank (Loomis) but I may try one of my other banks and see how the string stuff works out.

GL and HH!

10. davidharmier60firefox

I went to the second bank in town and got all CWR rolls.
    5 nickel, 5 penny and 2 dime. After all 5 of the nickel rolls I found a slightly better 2017D. I kept and slabbed a 2009D, 1974P, 1971P and 1964D that were not better enough to change out but too good to put back.

After 4 penny rolls I changed a 1964P out and that's it.

Saving a penny roll and 2 dime rolls for tomorrow morning.

11. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Got 30 dollars in CWR halves. 2 1969Ds and I this really looks like a double die but I'm not sure. The lettering in God we trust is thicker than usual, enough so that u noticed it. Especially in the We. Let me know what you guys think. Fingers crossed

12. ace71499

Oops 20170720_212516.jpg

berto likes this.
  13. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I finally looked through the $200 batch of MWR halves with the reverse silver ender...1964, and it was the only keeper in the batch.

My $500 order didn't arrive this week :meh:

14. moneycostingmemoney

Still, one is good for $200 worth of searching.

berto likes this.
  15. davidharmier60firefox

Went to the second bank in town again. 5 rolls CWR nickels gave up a 50D need, a 57P that didn't have rim dents and one other slight update I can't recall the date of. Pennies next.

16. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

Congrats on the 50D! I searched through hundreds of thousands of nickels and haven't seen one.

17. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

Let's see a photo of that 50-D!

18. ace71499

30 dollars rolled Halves. 1 2008 D

19. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

2 boxes of halves; 1 40%er in each Box.

So I was thinking of ending my Coin Roll Hunting a month ago. With the bad streaks my girlfriend and I have had we decided to call it quits last night. Kind of a relief that I won't have to dump anymore. I will miss it though and may come back to it. To all of you CRHers I hope you find what you are looking for!

berto likes this.
  20. davidharmier60firefox

Got a fine looking 56D out of one of the penny rolls.
    I'll see about getting pics of it and the 50D nickel.

21. davidharmier60firefox

My phone has a really rotten camera. 2017-07-21 18.42.35.jpg 2017-07-21 18.46.16.jpg 2017-07-21 18.47.42.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted