Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Six Loomis boxes this Tuesday, three were skunks, three produced the following
    2- Franklins, 1- 64 Kennedy, 14-40% Kennedys
    image.jpg

Two boxes tomorrow, four boxes on Thursday.

AllCoExpat, NOS, Ron Henry and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I'm downtown and wrapped the $190 and returned them. Walking around to these banks is tough. Have to have one parking spot and take it from there.

4. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

That sucks. I once had to lug 3 boxes, nickels & 2 cents, 4 and a half blocks because of there being no parking near the bank. I don't do that anymore. It's not worth it. But when you're on a trip... well things are different.

Good luck!

5. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I've also always done this.

Bringing rolls of halves through TSA also works, but they get heavy as the day wears on.

6. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

After stopping at ten banks today I got some loose halves and 10 MWR. Nothing notable. I did figure out the fastest way to go through the halves and re-wrap them. Have the new rolls ready to go and when you edge check the roll just dump back in the new roll. Wish I did that the first time around. Kind of common sense but I lack that sometimes.

7. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Bmann, it's great you weren't skunked on your trip!

My wife picked up $30 in CWR of halves while doing other business, namely closing our checking account, at a WF bank today:

2, 1982 D, no FG in AU condition
    2003-D
    2006-S (clad)
    2013-D and P
    Plus about 10, '88-'92 in AU

I told her she did well!
    (Don't look a gift wife in the mouth)

:)

8. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Oops, meant P

9. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Went through about half a box of cents today on my day off. I usually find a lot of very nice 80's/90's and a good number of coppers. I also found 5 wheats today. I think I stored the fifth one because I couldn't find it come time to take the photo. IMG_2556.JPG IMG_2557.JPG

John77, berto, CoinZone and 4 others like this.
  10. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm up in the air on my way back to Denver from Dallas and Fort Worth. I have boxes of halves coming in and I will be hitting teller trays hard this month. Have a feeling there might be more silver than usual at those teller trays. I averaged over ten ounces of silver in September and October. Last month went down to 6 ounces. I really want to get back to ten ounces a month. That way I can buy some fine silver too and keep my average cost per ounce down with the CRH Silver. Sooo, I want to Storm the Beach this month. Boxes upon Boxes, teller trays upon teller trays! I'll even sneak out of work a little just to hunt (it's slow in my industry this time of year). Who's with me on doing this? Let's close out the year strong!

t

berto likes this.
  11. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

The "Liberty" on your 1917 looks funky - is that a DDO?

Even if not, it's much nicer than the 1917's I've found in rolls.

12. CoinZone

CoinZone Active Member

Got 120.00 BWR of halves from a branch of my bank in a neighboring state. Zilch, zero. Nothing to note. I'll return them to my local bank tomorrow. They won't be happy, but hey it's money. I will take some 2 dollar bills if they have them. Give Em to my nieces and nephews when I play Santa at the family Christmas party.

berto likes this.
  13. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

3 boxes of Halves last night:
    Box 1: 1 40%er
    Box 2: 1 40%er
    Box 3: Skunk

Have 3 more boxes today. Hopefully it's not slim pickins. I know a monster box here is considered 100 silvers or more. For me and my girlfriend it's like 16.

berto likes this.
  14. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

You know I am

Bman33 likes this.
  15. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Had ordered six boxes to finish out the week, first two came in the Loomis driver pulled quarters not halves for the next four. Bummer for the week but they made arrangements for a Monday delivery. Boxes on Wednesday produced the following: 6- 40s, 1-90 and a magicians coin(my third find, I know no real value other than cool to find in the wild)
    image.jpg

16. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Actually, if intact, these sell for about the same as a 90%er on eBay.

17. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

Still going slow after harvest.(crazy busy time) but starting to search some again. $33.50 from bank 1 franklin. also $.50 short but there were 6 quarters in the bag so actually came out ahead! that NEVER happens, but for once not short. yea!!
    went through a big batch of stored up pocket change and found one war nick.

CoinZone, Christobal and berto like this.
  18. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Thanks, didn't even check, jus thought they were novelties

berto likes this.
  19. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

Went through 4 CWRs of Small Dollars, 7 CWRs of Dimes, 16 CWRs of Quarters and 1 CWR of Nickels this evening.

Nickels, Dimes, and Quarters were a bust. I pulled 3 parks quarters out for Dad. There were a few NIFC dollar coins, most of which I gave to Dad. I got a couple of upgrades for my books. No slots filled for me though.

Then after I gave Dad those coins, he pulled out a bunch of spare NIFCs that he had saved - that netted me 3 slots filled! 2015-P Native American, 2016-P Native American, and Gerald Ford-D. :)

20. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Boxes 4-6 of halves for the week were all skunks. Kinda pissed.

21. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Boxes 7 and 8 of halves:
    7: skunk
    8: 2 40%ers

Had five skunks in a row, but at least I broke the streak. Kinda of getting tired of this after all the work I did in Texas and getting and dumping 8 boxes this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted