Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

Went to the bank to swap a box of cents, but they didn't have one. So I asked for customer rolls, large dollars, halfs, etc. I got some of these, then as I asked to see the one half that was in a teller tray, another teller said she had a box of halfs that she ordered instead of quarters. Well money is tight for me right now, but I went ahead and bought the box. I power-searched the whole thing this evening, so I can redeposit it tomorrow.

A few nice looking coins may be swaps for my book. Common dates. Coins you guys care about include: 1964, 1967, 1968-D, 1978-S, (2) 2010-P, and a funky golden 1979. The 79 seems to ne nickel plated or something. The rim is also golden. <shrugs>

20161024_191108.jpg

These are the first silver halfs I believe that I've found in BWRs. All of my other found silver halfs came from CWRs.

But then again, I've only hunted a few boxes of halfs. They're not my favorite coin to coin roll hunt. :)

berto, Bman33, John77 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Nice finds!
    "Power searching" is FUN! But it can also be exhausting... I always sleep well after a good power search! ;)

Christobal likes this.
  4. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Alright Halves Hunters let's close out the month strong! I did 8 boxes last week which is the most I have ever done in a week. I am hoping for 15 ounces this month. I have about 4 more to go. Will do 5-6 boxes this week. Who's with me to go crazy on halves through next Monday? Truble, Lon, and Ron I hope you are!

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

2 boxes this weekend, like normal. Schedule and dumping doesn't really permit more. But fingers crossed for all.

Bman33 likes this.
  6. Ron Henry

Ron Henry Active Member

I'm good for my usual two boxes. Last week's two boxes halves: 2-40%, 2-proofs (1971-S, 2005-S), and my second British 1940 one penny.

7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, schedules can be tough. It takes a lot of time to really hit it hard. I haven't had time to hit random bank teller trays but I have had more boxes on order that makes it easier to do more volume. Dumping still is a pain though. I use my lunch break to get time to do that.

8. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

I did $1500.00 to $2000.00 weekly in halves for a long time. Had to switch banks several times as they get tired of ordering them for you. Nowadays, it's hardly worth doing (in my opinion). Used to drive around city to city too with success. Today though, I think everyone and their brothers must be doing it. Either that or the banks must have some way of sorting out the silver because it's dry pickins' these days. Yes, dumping is annoying as well. They get to hate you real quick.

9. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Depends on area. Yes there are a lot of Halves Searches everywhere. I was doing 2 boxes a week for awhile then when I stepped it up to 4-6 a week things got better. I did have a dry spell for two months but things have picked up since then.

10. Searching penny rolls and found this. A 1970 S large date, with the date and MM doubled. Liberty looks normal. May be worth a dollar or two.

Attached Files:

Caliwiser, Ron Henry and Christobal like this.
  11. Christobal

Cool find. :)

Caliwiser likes this.
  12. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

First box of halves for the week:

3 40%ers

John77 likes this.
  13. Caliwiser

Caliwiser Member

Coin roll hunting a box of pennies and came across this. Not sure if mint error or if circulation bashed. What are your thoughts 20161025_210544.jpg 20161025_210452.jpg ?

14. Christobal

Picked up half of a box of CWR Nickels yesterday. Went through them. There were a couple of maybe upgrades, some really pristine coins from the past few years, but few oldies...

Then I found this hole filler!!!

20161026_010043.jpg 20161026_010055.jpg

Been looking for this bad boy for years! :)

berto, John77, Ron Henry and 2 others like this.
  15. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Sweet find! That's a tough one in these parts

Christobal likes this.
  16. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

My vote is PMD.

John77 and Caliwiser like this.
  17. theshoegazer

theshoegazer Well-Known Member

Not a roll search, but when I bought lunch I got 50 cents as part of my change. Was a little annoyed when I saw the cashier counting out dimes, but that went away when I saw my change.

When I realized the cashier probably had a roll full of silver in the till, I tried to buy more off her, but it was busy and the cashier didn't speak great English, so I left with my small score.

Attached Files:

berto, Mad Stax, Bman33 and 3 others like this.
  18. Christobal

SWEET!!!

19. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Nice score... indeed she likely had a full roll of silver.

20. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Awesome! The D mint War Nickels seem to be hard to find in all areas of the country. I have found 5 of them total (1-43, 3-44, 1-45) in 8 months of searching nearly 190,000 nickels.

21. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

47 rolls the past two days produced these two little keepers.. 28s buff45s.jpg

Ron Henry, Mad Stax, NOS and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted