Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Right! I can't wait to see my first S or D war nickel... I'll take any year/MM combo though, they truly are neat coins

John77 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Or a v or buffalo.:)

John77 likes this.
  4. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

I posted this on Tuesday SEP23,2016; Reading CRH forums inspired me to get back in the game. Today I asked my bank teller for a box of Kennedy halves. He didn't have any, and has ordered a box due to arrive this Thursday. He offered me the 2 halves from the draw. Bingo! One is a nice lightly toned grey-brown 1968 I would grade at EF-40. Beginners luck for sure, but luck none the less! Update: Followed up with the bank yesterday, coin shipment did not include my box of halves. Will follow up with them on Tuesday as instructed.

John77 likes this.
  5. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

FYI you can take Canadian to Starbucks and use it to get a gift card. They do the conversion and you spend US dollars. Of course you have to buy Starbucks but it is one way to exchange small amounts of Canadian money.
    hmmm now that I said that, I know Canadians can unload their extra US and then take the card to Canada and spend it there. Not sure if you can use Canadian here. Give it a try, maybe.

6. softmentor

banks are owned by the bank
    Credit unions are owned by the member/depositors.
    There are some other technical differences but that is the main one.

7. softmentor

sounds great but Ebay charges 11% fee on both the sale AND the shipping so at $1.10 each you are loosing money.
    But, as the saying goes "you can make it up with volume" lol

8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

He said Craigslist.

John77 likes this.
  9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Where did you hear this? You're saying I can bring a jar of Canadian coins to Starbucks and get a gift card?

10. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't ever get old!!!... I've found one now 4 straight days!!! Funny thing is that all 4 years are represented! :):):):) 44s.jpg 43snickel.jpg 45sender.jpg 42pnickel.jpg

Ron Henry, Mad Stax and Nathan401 like this.
  11. Christobal

Christobal Well-Known Member

John77 likes this.
  12. softmentor

Well I did some further checking, and I was half right. If you buy a gift card here and go to Canada, the gift card works there, and the exchange rate is done automatically.
    However, I was wrong about taking Canadian coin here in the US to a Starbucks, they won't take it here.
    They will take a Canadian gift card.
    So, .... awww shucks, doesn't work like I though.
    What I do with twonies is give them as change to my Canadian customers. But of course not everyone can do that.
    sorry for getting your hopes up.
    and good hunting!

13. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Yes... I've been very lucky and blessed in my nickel searches pretty much all summer... got 25 more rolls to go through today... seeing if I can make the streak 5!

14. Mickey in PDX

Mickey in PDX Active Member

I agree! I would be ripping into that to see. Couldn't bear to think of a Walker and me not checking till later. oh well, to each his own!! Good luck NLL!

15. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

$100 CWR Nickels - 16 pre-1960 including a 45-P

$50 CWR Dimes - Skunk

John77 likes this.
  16. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Well, the streak did hit 5!!! :) 45p.jpg

Christobal, Mad Stax and Ron Henry like this.
  17. Mad Stax

That's about my average, with the nickel being either a war or buff, I've never found a silver dime CRHing

AllCoExpat likes this.
  18. Mad Stax

2 hole fillers in the same roll :happy: 38 and 57
    0925161425~2.jpg

John77 and Ron Henry like this.
  19. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Went out today to get half dollar wrappers. TD bank has apparently stop carrying the wrappers for halves.
    Then I stopped by wells Fargo on my way home. Picked up 24 Ikes and 19 dollars in halves. Got 1 silver Ike, one silver half, and my first commemerative!

Attached Files:

20. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Traveling today, in Wilmington, DE a long way from my home area. Ordered two boxes from a branch in Wilmington, DE. First box give up a 54D Franklin and and 66 Kennedy. Box two was a skunk.

I have ten boxes ordered waiting for me on Wednesday and about $2700 in halves to dump. :bored:

That's what I get for procrastinating but I was in Denver all week last week (actually Broomfield) BMan couple of branches in the Interlocken area, did not have time search though.

21. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Edit

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted