Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

WOW... a 1926-S Wheat is a GREAT find! Please post a pic!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AllCoExpat

AllCoExpat Well-Known Member

$25 BWR Cents: 500 copper cents and 12 wheats including a 1952-S hole filler

$100 CWR Nickels: 39 (x2), 40 (x2), 41 (x2), 42-D, 46 (x2), 47 (x3), 49-D, 51, 53, 54-D, 56-D, 57, 57-D. Skunk on silver... and I'm up $.25 if I ever go to Aruba!

$50 CWR Dimes: Skunk

berto likes this.
  4. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Always nice to knock off a hole... And good on the 42-D Nickel... those are always tough!

5. DANIEL HENRIQUEZ

DANIEL HENRIQUEZ Active Member

I have & still purchase rolls on Ebay and have found many great dates including 1909 VDB and many S from the teens. That being said though, you have to be very careful because some of these sellers are packing these rolls themselves and ONLY putting their "crap" in them. I ONLY purchase those that state the rolls are "unsearched" so I can debate with Ebay the truth later. I don't won't to create trouble for people but, be honest when you are selling rolls and stating they are "unsearched" or just put together as this is very deceiving and hurts trust of coin collectors.

berto, Mad Stax and John77 like this.
  6. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Speaking of holes, I just found a 1955 Jefferson in one of my 55 rolls to knock me down to only needing a 43-D and 50-D to complete my set out of circulation. And I also found this VERY thrashed 1887 V nickel - the oldest coin I've ever found!!! 1887-1955nickels.jpg

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Ya think?

8. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

Really? such venom over someone depositing. Don't you deposit somewhere?
    Seems to me the person who is not nice here is you.
    Chill mate.

9. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Yes I'm sure. I've been a little busy with no time to post.

Attached Files:

John77, MKent and Christobal like this.
  10. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Nice find! That's older then any nickels I've ever found.

Truble and John77 like this.
  11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Feeling the itch to get a box of halves.

Lon Chaney and Charles1997 like this.
  12. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Ok, the itch is fully back. I'm figuring out how I can get back to 3 boxes a week. I've been buying junk silver from dealers lately and it's tough when you know you can get it for face value with a little hustle. Here's to coin roll hunting!

Mad Stax and John77 like this.
  13. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Broke my oldest nickel record by 15 years! And my overall oldest record by 2.

Christobal likes this.
  14. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

No pics so you'll have to take my word for now, but my last box of nickels produced three (3) "barely-but-still-readable-date" Buffs and five (5) War Nickels.

Mad Stax, berto, John77 and 1 other person like this.
  15. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Yup. The reflective surface stands out like a sore thumb. Nice!

16. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

image.jpg So far this week: 8/21
    Teller tray/CWR
    1-64, 1-67, 1-68
    Loomis Boxes (4)
    22-'65-'69

I have two more Loomis Boxes to pick up yet this week.

Christobal, Mad Stax, berto and 4 others like this.
  17. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

My morning run was $60 in Nickels which yielded 10 pre-60s with nothing of note... $5 CWR cents produced 4 wheats including a 30-D.... $1 MWR produced nothing.

Afternoon run was a plan to get $20 in Dimes, $50 in Nickels and $10 in Cents. This changed when I found that they only had $7.50 in non-2016-D cents, and $2 in non-2016-D nickels. My teller then told me she had some half dollars (5 of them), so I took them all along with some Quarters and some more Dimes. Noticed one looked funny, and sure enough it was a 1964-D! Time for dinner, then more searching. 30dwheat.jpg 64-Dhalf20160823.jpg

18. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Where do you get your loomis boxes from! That's an amazing haul!

19. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Box of halves: 1968D. Ugliest coin I have ever found. Black all the way through.

20. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

The evening rolled coins were nice too... a 60-D dime among 6 CWR and the always tough to find (for us West coasters) 58 Philly nickel along with a 48-S in 1 CWR were the highlights.

60ddime.jpg

Attached Files:

Mad Stax likes this.
  21. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

I get my Loomis boxes from PNC Bank. I think they are mostly in the Southeast. Box 1 had 3, box 2 had 1, box 3 had zero, box 4 had 19. I have had a lot of skunks. This was the second score in the last month with quantity of halves.

In my area, Wells Fargo uses Loomis, BB&T and Suntrust uses Brinks. I actually use three PNC because they get their delivery on different days. I have never had any scores with Brinks boxes but another searcher I know has had some luck with them.

John77 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted